TRENT BOULT - how to prevent yet another left arm pacer , ripping through our top order?

Adamant

Okay, so we have seen this enough now, 
Let me list out some examples:

1. Amir vs Ind asia cup 16
2. Amir vs Ind t20 WC 16
3. Amir vs India CT 17
4. Boult vs Ind WC 19
5. Shaheen vs Ind wc t20 21.

So basically , yet another instance of the same thing is waiting for us, I am quite sure even a one eyed guy can see through this, we need to change our strategy or lineup to avert this scenario.
What all do you suggest.?

1 minute ago, Adamant said:

Okay, so we have seen this enough now, 
Let me list out some examples:

1. Amir vs Ind asia cup 16
2. Amir vs Ind t20 WC 16
3. Amir vs India CT 17
4. Boult vs Ind WC 19
5. Shaheen vs Ind wc t20 21.

So basically , yet another instance of the same thing is waiting for us, I am quite sure even a one eyed guy can see through this, we need to change our strategy or lineup to avert this scenario.
What all do you suggest.?

Need one Lefty up top

Kishan/Pant

Just now, Adi_91 said:

I don't think a lot can change if it has not changed already. Boult has looked ordinary in the IPL, so let's hope he doesn't come good on the 31st.

One thing I admire about Boult is- that guy can swing the new ball even in a desert. Quite sure he will swing it vs IND on 31st

3 minutes ago, Adamant said:

One thing I admire about Boult is- that guy can swing the new ball even in a desert. Quite sure he will swing it vs IND on 31st

Every team knows this. You get the top 3 out cheaply, you win the game. Boult is definitely capable of this feat given his exploits twice in 2019 WC.

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ruturaj numbers against Left arm pace is one of the worst. 

You’re basing it off last season where he was still recovering from covid

He just smashed a hundred against RR who had 3 left arm or soemthing

smashed 88 against Mumbai who had Boult possibly best left arm we in the world alongside afridi 

you’re talking crap

7 hours ago, Nikola said:

Left arm or right arm, if they get some movement then anyone will get troubled in early overs. In 2019 it was henry who got both openers. My question is why don't our swing king bhuvi & even bumrah get such movement in icc events?

Bhai Bumrah is a certified choker as of now, let's see his output in NZ game. I ll not blame Bhuvi much because he seems finished as a bowler but Bumrah is supposed to be world's best. 

9 hours ago, Serpico said:

I know people will say pick a left handed opener but even Dhawan failed in 2017

I don't think there's a short term solution to this. In long run, make sure our top order batsmen get ample practice against left arm swing before a tournament. Try to scout more left arm pacers in domestics

We have unadcut but practicing against  him doesn't  make any difference. 

Need to control the premeditated instincts in the first few overs. Cover stumps and play for the indipper, one of the first 3-4 balls is coming back in then don't try to play across the line. Try for dab and run to keep scorecard ticking. 

Easier said than done but that is the only way to survive.