Are you optimistic/confident about better ICC event results with Dravid as head coach ?

I feel Indian batting will do well in overseas tests with his rich experience and we will continue to see impressive results should we continue to have fast bowling resources that can take 20 wickets. 

I know things can be deceiving and prejudices are inevitable but Dravid does not seem to have this ruthless win at all costs mentality. 

Shastri even though he seems like a lazy bewda, I think the winning attitude he bought is extremely praiseworthy. 

I wish we see result driven ruthlessness under Dravid's stewardship - be nasty, aggressive etc.. a drive that aims to white wash all oppnoents at home and win everything abroad.

As of now I am not very sure if Dravid is the best choice. 

No guarantee to be honest.

However if we can move on from this superstar captain culture going on since 2011 it will be an upgrade.

The reason we lost 2019 world cup was brickhead planning by Kohli who had a batsman with highest odi score of 46 to bat at no. 4. If there was a better coach he would have drilled this in his PR clouded brain.

I think most cricket fans have never played at any level. They don’t understand how the game works. Like any sport it’s all about process, mindset and performance. I expect Dravid to help prepare the team better. I expect him to give his views to dressing room and BCCI, as challenging as they maybe. I expect him to literally build two Indian XI with his knowledge of U19 stars. 

But cricket is not football. Captain is perhaps the most important element of the team. 

Dravid's job will be complicated by the fact that he will have to deal with 3 different captains in his first series if Kohli skips only the first test...  I hope we can win our first test series in South Africa (we won our first test in South Africa under Dravid's captaincy) and atleast 1 of the T20 world cup or ODI world cup           

I think selection of Dravid augurs well simply because he is the kind of brain and presence we need in dressing. Not flamboyant, hard working, successful and grounded. 

1) He can really work on the batsman especially for playing abroad. On the mental side and technical side. Imagine the useful work he could have done with Pujara and Rahane who are playing across the line. It would be invaluable. Especially for youngsters who will come in, someone like Dravid is what we need. 

2) We need someone calm in dressing room. For me, the Indian team has enough talent to win all forms of cricket. We don’t need emotion. We just need clarity and we need to execute our skills.

3) His contribution has to be selection which has been awful under mafia. He has to be the person to veto on final selection. 

4) We need to rotate players and start blooding the young talent pretty quickly. Dravid with his U19 experience knows many of these players and can transition them nicely to international stage. 

5) Virât is still an asset. But this guy needs to be chanelled. He has 2-3 years of cricket left in him. Rahul can get Virât to focus on his batting and breaking records over next few years. Or he can be shown the door. 

8 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I think selection of Dravid augurs well simply because he is the kind of brain and presence we need in dressing. Not flamboyant, hard working, successful and grounded. 

1) He can really work on the batsman especially for playing abroad. On the mental side and technical side. Imagine the useful work he could have done with Pujara and Rahane who are playing across the line. It would be invaluable. Especially for youngsters who will come in, someone like Dravid is what we need. 

This will be difficult with another batting coach and I hope there are no clashes 

Not an Indian, but will give an outsider's view.

You can't expect any delivery in T20s. The format is just too volatile. Not saying they shouldn't go all out for it, but if you fail don't start to chop and change. So the target has to be 2023, between now and that World Cup, Indian fans as any set of fans need to prepare for lots of experiments. England for years built up towards 2019WC, they scraped over the line in the end, but the skills and mentality had been honed in by Morgan for several years prior to that.

We lost with that horror Stokes over to Brathwaite in the T20, but most of us were realistic, in T20s anyone can pull out results out like that. The 2 SFs in the current world cup show this with what Neesham/Mitchell & Stoinis/Wade did. Much more difficult to chase down 10s and 12s a long way out than for 4 overs.

Dravid's first job when he gets in must to be to identify a culture and then persist with it. I think India's culture historically has always been pile on the runs early and then strangle with spin. If that's what he feels will win them the 2023WC then he must persist with it even if along the way there are going to experiemnts and failures.

39 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

I feel dravid will work on the technical aspects 

Not sure tactical aspects and nous

west Indies 2006 final test selection was a tactic which worked... or even the Kaula  Lumpar series where we played a few games, we gave a peak Australia a run for their money. Check the scorecards