1 century in last 82 innings for Kohli, Rahane and Pujara combined

New guy

It not unusual for any batsman to have lull in middle of their careers.It is unfortunate that all three have been having the lull at the same time.Rahane never could be classified as great batsman.He somehow had great start to his overseas tests.

Even great Sachin scored 1 hundred and 4 50s in two years and 14 tests in 2005 and 2006.

Rahane is done and should be shown exit.Pujara normally is very good at home.I would continue pujara for another series and take a call.

6 hours ago, New guy said:

Yet youngsters cannot be tried and are in danger of being dropped after a man of the match performance 

No criticism by any experts, media

What mentality we have!

if not for our amazing ATG level bowling attack we would have been battling for the wooden spoon. We were ranked number 1 for 5 years due to our bowling. never our batting. Our batting especially middle order has been of atrocious quality since 2015 tbh. We are still ranked number 2 again due to our bowling plus occasional brilliance from individual players like rahul, rohit or pant. 

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

The complete lack of criticism by ex-Indian cricketers is very worrying. 

Unless voices are raised, these non-performers will never be removed by this low profile selection committee. 

There is no accountability in Indian cricket.

Its unbelievable this statistic.

The amount of opportunities they have had with zero pressure and still they have failed.

Compare this when a kid comes in, fails a couple of times and then is never seen again. These 3 guys have gone this many innings for just a century is  staggering.

Compare this to Gill, 17 innings for 5 innings of 50 + and also 2 Not Outs. It should be added his 91 in the second innings as an opener at the GABBA led to India's greatest win overseas. Rahane again failed in that match, however I will give credit to Pujara for his 2nd innings, while I am bias but Im not blind and watched that entire days play. But time has come for those two to go.

Pujara, Kohli, Rahane. India's Three Idiots. These guys make Gill look like Bradman.

25 minutes ago, Jay said:

90s would be comparable no?

Nope. The 90's team struggled overseas but were a gun batting unit at home. Siddhu, Azhar, Tendulkar, Kambli, Dravid, Ganguly all scored heavily at home, which is the reason we did not lose a single series in that decade. Overseas we were a poor side with just Tendulkar and later Ganguly, Dravid scoring any meaningful runs. Laxman established himself after 2000's in the Test side, even though he did play a few games in the 90's. At home we were so dominating like even someone like SS Das, Devang Gandhi etc, scored lots of runs against visiting teams.

5 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Its unbelievable this statistic.

The amount of opportunities they have had with zero pressure and still they have failed.

Compare this when a kid comes in, fails a couple of times and then is never seen again. These 3 guys have gone this many innings for just a century is  staggering.

Compare this to Gill, 17 innings for 5 innings of 50 + and also 2 Not Outs. It should be added his 91 in the second innings as an opener at the GABBA led to India's greatest win overseas. Rahane again failed in that match, however I will give credit to Pujara for his 2nd innings, while I am bias but Im not blind and watched that entire days play. But time has come for those two to go.

Pujara, Kohli, Rahane. India's Three Idiots. These guys make Gill look like Bradman.

To imagine that K Nair never got a chance after his 300 for having couple of failures after. He may not be in great form right now but again Rahane has been playing for years without scoring any runs and you have a young player scoring a 300 and never gets a game for failing in couple of innings after. Hope they don't drop Shreyas to keep Pujara and Rahane in the XI and for that matter even Mayank Agarwal as all these guys deserve more chances. I would disappointed if they dropped Mayank to play Pujara as the opener. 

45 minutes ago, cricketpitch said:

To imagine that K Nair never got a chance after his 300 for having couple of failures after. He may not be in great form right now but again Rahane has been playing for years without scoring any runs and you have a young player scoring a 300 and never gets a game for failing in couple of innings after. Hope they don't drop Shreyas to keep Pujara and Rahane in the XI and for that matter even Mayank Agarwal as all these guys deserve more chances. I would disappointed if they dropped Mayank to play Pujara as the opener. 

When you place your friends first ahead of your country it speaks volumes about the character of Kohli.

It is one thing for Kohli to play as captain, its entirely another that he continues to pick Rahane and Pujara.

I think its strategic. While they continue to fail, the attention will be on them and not on Kohli's failures as a batsman.

Why waste time talking about it? You know it won't change. This culture is will continue to be pervasive amongst our Indian society. Nothing we can do about it unless radical changes happen at the upper management level. 

What matters to the upper management? Money. If not money, perhaps the players in question know some privy information about the senior management's misdemeanours. 

Maybe it's a favour. We can speculate all we want but at the end of the day, the right connections with the right people will always keep you employed. 

Unless there is a public backlash, there is nothing we can do about it. 

34 minutes ago, ThirtyD. said:

If our coaches were selected on merit basis then none of them with a straight face would have been defending this middle order.

Agree

Im glad its been discussed in the media and on here, I think its hopefully going to lead to the end of one of Pujara or Rahane and rightfully so too this series.

While I knew how bad they are, I never knew it was this bad, as in 82 innings for just one century. This is all on Kohli too, he had the opportunities to give opportunities to play and he didnt.

BCCI are at fault too for picking them in the squads.