[Report]Virat Kohli to skip ODI Series vs South Africa, BCCI denies the news

35 minutes ago, deepdynamo said:

Rohit misses SA Tests. Kohli misses SA ODIs

Very convenient from both of them.

Tough time ahead for Indian cricket.

And soon Kohli will realise his absence doesn’t matter. I think Rohit has been dropped from test team by Kohli. My guess is based on fact that Rohit gave a long interview praising Kohlis captaincy in white ball cricket while Rohit isn’t playing test cricket in pretext of injury 

47 minutes ago, mishra said:

And soon Kohli will realise his absence doesn’t matter. I think Rohit has been dropped from test team by Kohli. My guess is based on fact that Rohit gave a long interview praising Kohlis captaincy in white ball cricket while Rohit isn’t playing test cricket in pretext of injury 

Bakwaas. 

Thoda logic bhi use kiya karo. 

The end is coming sooner than I thought. I hope it’s a genuine reason to skip. Everybody including Rohit played for so many years under Kohli. There shouldn’t be any ego that in Kohli now to play under Rohit.

Bollywood managed to strike at Indian cricket finally. I hope this doesn’t happens in future…

PS: Getting ready for RANT now by certain entity here… :giggle:

Edited by asterix

Yeh kya drama chal raha hai? Rohit does not want to play under Kohli...Kohli is resting when Rohit is captain. Wow...never thought I would see such level of unprofessionalism in Indian cricket. It feels so much like Pak cricket and their daily tantrums.

This is a very non-likable Indian team and First time I am not feeling any connection to this team.

Kick both the guys out and start with a young side. Not that they are scoring plathora of runs anyway. This Kohli took a break during birth of his daughter and left us cold n dry in Australia. Chalo atleast acceptable. Now wont play during her 1st birthday as well? So he wont play in every January month due to his daughter birthday? Lol

Ganguly/Shah/Dravid must take stern steps now to save Indian cricket. Include Dhoni in the mix somewhere too in administration. These 2 dramebaaz cricketer must be taught a lesson. First cancel their IPL contracts....sab line pe aa jayega. Indian cricket ko Ekta Kapoor ka soap opera bana ke rakha hai :mad:

Edited by Austin 3:!6
3 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Time to sack this ungrateful turd from Indian team. Rebuild the team with better individuals who play collectively for the team. I don't mind if we lose but we should not be held hostage because of a stupid's ego.

Both should be sacked actually. I for a minute dont believe Rohit is injured. He is intentionally skipping test series.

18 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

We can build a solid team around S Iyer and KL Rahul. Enough of this Bollywood BS!

what’s to say the captaincy egos wont take over them too? KL and Iyer are more closer to being Bollywood boys than Kohli and Rohit.

Since Dhoni, the iron fist of dictatorship has taken over the team culture and it’s all about captain having the final say. First Dhoni, then Kohli, and then it will happen to the next Indian captain. Till you have them becoming multi millionaires due to their brands and advertisements (driven by their Captain position) then this is going to keep continuing!

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Great! 

Hope he "skips" every series that is captained by Rohit. Like the T20 wc in Australia and home WC in India next year. Our chances of winning a KO game will increase exponentially with one less choker in the team. 

Whatever he is doing will bring nothing to him if he really thinks hard at it.

- If he skips matches - someone else will replace him and very high chance he will do as good as VK was doing in last 15 odd months - Guys like Ruturaj, Surya ,Gill will be  just hoping to get a good run.

-If he plays but does not perform - Eventually will be dropped due to poor performances.

-If he plays but sabotages India chances - will be kicked out before Next WC  .Remember Coach is no nonsense guy with India interest in his heart. Not a bootlicker .

- Going against the board never helped any great cricketer in the past . There are not many backers in Board too for him if i am not wrong and present board set up may not change for another 2-3 years .  So very little chance to strike back against the Board.

- The less he plays , less mileage and less demand from sponsors . Non-Cricket wise too it is a losing proposition.

Only way for him to bring things back is just score runs , score runs and get back the goodwill. 

Million dollar Q -Will EGO  allow that ?