Should India resume bilateral cricket series with Pakistan?

Austin 3:!6

Bilateral Indo-Pak Series  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see India - Pakistan bilateral series?

Teams like WI, SL, Zim, BD etc are not good enough and series against them is a waste of time as we are witnessing in the ongoing WI series. With Srilanka coming next, it will be another bore-feast. So there is not much to look forward to as a cricket fan unless there is a SENA tour or ICC events

Ramiz Raja is trying to get a annual T20 Quadrangular series between Ind, Pak, Aus & Eng. He will raise it in next ICC meeting

I understand the politics bit but keeping it aside, do you want to see bilateral cricket ties with Pakistan? 

Well India continues trade & all sorts of activities with Pakistan despite  Pak supporting Terrorism & anti India activities.  But cricket is a political issue & likely going to be suicide for GOI & the fact that we don't need Paxtan also makes the boycott easier. 

Tbh Bangladesh is a good ODI side & Sri lanka is decent T20 & Test side in SC conditions.  So we should keep inviting them.  Maybe a Tri series with them would be big hit like Nidahas trophy.  BD v SL is a short term rivalry & BD team is full of cartoons & characters.   Would be a good watch this series.  Throw in Afghans too. 

31 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Teams like WI, SL, Zim, BD etc are not good enough and series against them is a waste of time as we are witnessing in the ongoing WI series. With Srilanka coming next, it will be another bore-feast. So there is not much to look forward to as a cricket fan unless there is a SENA tour or ICC events

Ramiz Raja is trying to get a annual T20 Quadrangular series between Ind, Pak, Aus & Eng. He will raise it in next ICC meeting

I understand the politics bit but keeping it aside, do you want to see bilateral cricket ties with Pakistan? 

Nope. They are always scamming against India and they never shy away from spreading false propaganda they even tried to pull bcci in court and block their players from ipl thinking they will sabotage it. You can never trust pcb/Pakistani.

6 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Well India continues trade & all sorts of activities with Pakistan despite  Pak supporting Terrorism & anti India activities.  But cricket is a political issue & likely going to be suicide for GOI & the fact that we don't need Paxtan also makes the boycott easier. 

Tbh Bangladesh is a good ODI side & Sri lanka is decent T20 & Test side in SC conditions.  So we should keep inviting them.  Maybe a Tri series with them would be big hit like Nidahas trophy.  BD v SL is a short term rivalry & BD team is full of cartoons & characters.   Would be a good watch this series.  Throw in Afghans too. 

No the trade volume is very miniscule and steadily declining.

In the past India had a pacifist approach towards Pak, even a RW Vajpayee was dovish. But it earned no dividends for us, only betrayals. 

I am a peacenik when it comes to greenbros, and have friends who are from Pakistan.  I wish things were 'normal' between the 2 countries, and not just in cricket.

But, Pakistani government is viciously and constantly attacking the Indian government, Indian citizens, and the idea of India as a nation.  There needs to be a change in Pakistani policy that is conducted by its rulers - the defence housing real estate mafia.  The changes in terms of foreign policy and terrorism (non state actors) need to be 

• major
  • verifiable
  • permanent (irrervirsible)

If and when that happens, we can start talking about resuming bilateral series.  

Not until then.  

I have no interest in watching a series against Paxtan. That country is way past the point of no return. I hate the rigged draw in every WC which makes us play them everytime. Unless it's a knockout game, we should boycott round robin level matches against them. Australia and WI forfeited 1 game each in the 96 WC because of security fears in SL but still reached the semifinals. 

5 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

No the trade volume is very miniscule and steadily declining.

In the past India had a pacifist approach towards Pak, even a RW Vajpayee was dovish. But it earned no dividends for us, only betrayals. 

Bajpayee was probably most Pacifist long term PM we have ever had.  Dude had a great opportunity to slice into GB during Kargil even our Generals begged him but he ordered not to cross LoC.  

Rest of Indian leaders haven't been that pacifist at all maybe Janta Dal's Morarji desai who briefly even stopped R&AW activities talk about straight up idiot.  Rajiv was probably most aggressive with his operation brasstacks under General Sunderji.  Secret leaked CIA reports indicated dude had planned a full blown invasion into along IB. Gen Zia had said Pak has produced a nuke back in the late 80's to threaten/warn India.  Of course that never materialized in the end.  

Approach these days is also more or less similar on the ground with Pak adopting proxy war strategy. 

Cricket ties ain't resuming any time sooner for same reason. 

NO.

In fact we should completely boycott them in all sports. If it means losing 2 points in bigger tournaments, it so bloody be it.

A nation that has waged war against us, any form of engagements with it is suicidal. Use BCCI's clout to completely isolate them if possible and hurt their cricket as much as we can

2 minutes ago, Axl100mph said:

This thread is a great example of how public opinion and perception is controlled by the media. 

I knw you will come after me with your own choice of pleasantries but I just hope that one day you get to see the true objective picture instead of what a certain media narrative tells you. 

Pakistani are itchin to have series with india only for monetary reason not for any love which they have for India. Being realistic is better than being in dream/ idyllistic . Go and check your players statements on india and Hindus. Check Pakistani education what they teach to their kids about Hindu. 

12 minutes ago, Axl100mph said:

This thread is a great example of how public opinion and perception is controlled by the media. 

I knw you will come after me with your own choice of pleasantries but I just hope that one day you get to see the true objective picture instead of what a certain media narrative tells you. 

Which media narrative?  Have you seen what Pakistani media dishes out?   You guys live in glass houses yourselves.  Don't play victim/shareef card

Edited by Lone Wolf

1 hour ago, Axl100mph said:

Don't want to make political points here but let's see

Bilateral series, Zia in India during the bilateral series - followed by insurgency in Kashmir

Vajpayee's peace overtures - Kargil in '99

Vajpayee's bus to Lahore - Parliament attack in 2001

Bilateral series from 2004-08 - Mumbai attacks

Bilateral series in 2012 - Lance Naik Hemraj decapitation and ugly images of Pak army mutilating his body

Modi's peace overtures to Nawaz, unplanned visit to Pak, Pak in India for 2016 T20 WC - Uri Attack

Any other nation would have resolved to completely boycott such an enemy nation - political, culturally and socially. Alas, our foreign policy continues to be dovish as the latest round of back channel talks suggests.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

I am a peacenik when it comes to greenbros, and have friends who are from Pakistan.  I wish things were 'normal' between the 2 countries, and not just in cricket.

But, Pakistani government is viciously and constantly attacking the Indian government, Indian citizens, and the idea of India as a nation.  There needs to be a change in Pakistani policy that is conducted by its rulers - the defence housing real estate mafia.  The changes in terms of foreign policy and terrorism (non state actors) need to be 

• major
  • verifiable
  • permanent (irrervirsible)

If and when that happens, we can start talking about resuming bilateral series.  

Not until then.  

Bhai the only cure for Pakistan is it's disintegration. A complete overhaul. Like what happened to Nazi Germany in 1945. They have climbed so far up the radicalization ladder that cosmetic changes won't work.

Their Military-Mullah nexus which basically runs their country, revels in enmity with India. Derives it's importance from the conflict. Lucky for us they are as incompetent as they are bigoted. 

If we play our cards right and keep up the pressure they quite likely could self implode and Balkanize without even a full scale conflict. The fissures are already visible.