Sunil Gavaskar needs to be banned from commentary

After his insensitive and tone deaf comments after Shane Warne's passing, Gavaskar came up with this inane remark on commentary today after Karunaratne took the review...

Sunil Gavaskar before taking the review: "There are 3 reviews, you should definitely take them"

2 minutes later after the decision is out

"What a stupid review. Bad decision to take it"

Seriously this guy's stature has led him to getting away with absolutely mediocre commentary over the years which coupled with his senility makes him just torturous to listen to any more. Do we really not have any decent commentators in the country that we need to pander to this geriatric? 

Entire panel was in shambles...  Even Russell Arnold looks more insightful than them & I honestly don't know how guys like Bishop Simon Doull deal with these clowns. 

Kartik Deep Dass Bhogle Sunny G...  This is most boring & pathetic trio to hear these days. 

I hate Deep Das with passion.  His voice makes my ear bleed. 

I'll take Manju VVS over these folks or even Sourav Ganguly. 

22 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Entire panel was in shambles...  Even Russell Arnold looks more insightful than them & I honestly don't know how guys like Bishop Simon Doull deal with these clowns. 

Kartik Deep Dass Bhogle Sunny G...  This is most boring & pathetic trio to hear these days. 

God No!!!!

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

you know things are bad when you will take manju over these guys :cantstop:

1 hour ago, Forever Indian said:

Thinking about it, I would rather prefer Ravi Shastri's commentary even if monotonous atleast he had the energy to lift the atmosphere.

Whereas all these crap comms are just - boring + uninsightful + monotonous + brainless + BCCI boot lickers 

There were times when we used to bitch about shastri and manju. now we have deepdas, kartik and senile sunny. sunny was ok about 20 years ago. just give him a pension and request him not to talk :no:

5 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I heard Murli Kartik at least three times mis spell Pathum Nissanka...  He kept calling him Passum Nissanka for no reason lol..  Someone corrected him in the end

For a very long time Danny Morrison called Googly as Google lol  Nobody corrected him. LSK eventually ran out of patience and told him that is Googly not Google lol 

30 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Only reason i like to listen to Sunny is good anecdotes. But he doesn't share much these days.

Problem with Gavaskar is that he tries to act funny and witty when he is naturally not. Yes, I love his technical analysis and anecdotes. He should stick to that. 

Also, one thing I have noticed over time that he doesn't know/want to show empathy. He's one of those 'too cool to cry' kind of guys. Because of this he comes across as obnoxious or arrogant. He's not a bad person.