Can we beat this England test team?

We sure can, But there are many Ifs.

If Openers gives us a good start and one of them goes on to make a big hundred.

If Ashwin plays and makes an Impact.

If our bowlers can take Root & Bairstow early on their innings.

If we don't drop many catches in the slips.

We are certainly better equipped than Kiwis to take on England. But provided that we bring our ace game on the day.

40 minutes ago, Norman said:

Hope for rain plus a flat wicket where we don't collapse twice under 150. 

ECB is fuming at us after what BCCI did last year. They would never lay flat track.

Also, Edgbaston is England team's lucky ground. 

India has less to zero chance. It need to be a miracle like Gabba

1 minute ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

ECB is fuming at us after what BCCI did last year. They would never lay flat track.

Also, Edgbaston is England team's lucky ground. 

India has less to zero chance. It need to be a miracle like Gabba

gabba wasnt miracle. we had a better batting unit playing in that game. if it wasnt for jaddu injjury, india would have won it even earlier. without kohli and with guys like sundar, gill pant thakur in we added more depth in batting and bowlers who complemented each other well. india missed bumrah and shami in that game yes but apart from that, it was a stronger batting unit than the one we have now. 

this england team is good but not as good as us if we play at our best. we arent at our best nor do we pick the best players. depending on whom we pick, we do have a decent chance at winning too. if we stick with oldies then yes be worried. 

i want a fresh firing pacing attack with bumrah, siraj, prasidh. or shami. thakur at 8. thats mandatory. number 7 i would like to see sundar ideally but jaddu will do. he is a gun fielder and can contain runs. good hitter if the pitch turns flat later in the game. 

top 6 should ideally have:

bharat opening. good hitting ability or eeshwaran. he is good but wont get picked so forget him i suppose for now

gill

vihari but ideally shaw or someone with good stroke play like patidar

kohli ideally should be kela

sarfraz my wish but it will be IYER

pant at 6

Edited by Jay
16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In a full test series u never know, this is one off test . Its tough to go n get adjusted in 1st test generally . 

First england have to prove that they can make this work everywhere or atleast most parts 

That will be the biggest bottleneck. One off test.  You probably won't be mentally ready.  India has recently developed this habit of sub-100 collapses. They are one such collapse away from losing the Test. India in all likelihood will play a bunch of tailenders.   Any middle order collapse means we are toast.

Edited by vvvslaxman

Most of their batsmen are due a couple of failures methinks. Sure they are favorites but this new approach of theirs won't always have a smooth run, lots of potential bumps ahead. Their top 7 doesn't have the quality of 2000s Aus to play at this tempo day in and day out, and even ATG Aus used to suffer from going a bit too aggressive sometimes. This is Baz's style of cricket and I am sure this new English team under him and Stokes will embrace it though not as successfully as many might think/expect. Whether they falter against us or later this summer, that remains to be seen. 

Edited by Gollum
4 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

Under Baz, England team is flying with ultra aggressive approach.

Apart from the openers, all batsman are in blazing form.

Bowlers are decent if not spectacular.

I think we are cooked.

Only hope for us is that this over aggression backfired and we roll them out for less than 200.

Yes Pujara and Vihari will dissimate eng to pulp with their powerful striking. Pujara will even hit 6 ball pe 6 chakkey.