India vs England: India are undercooked for Edgbaston Test, says Moeen Ali

sage

OK, he has thrown the gauntlet, taken off his gloves, poked the sleeping bear, and all those cliches. 

I visited the UK a few weeks ago to see family. 

Watched a Surrey-Middlesex T20 blast match sitting in the stands at Lords when Jason Roy lit it up.  Then, watched in awe (on TV) when Bairstow slapped the Kiwis around to pull off the 2nd test win. Just started to feel a tinge of admiration for Jonny ... and my hatred for the Poms started to decline just a little bit.  Until now. 

Who the eff is Moeen to tell me the truth that India is undercooked?  Eff you and your fellow Pommies.  Undercooked?  Like in Brisbane?  Yeah, I'll take that!  Eff the Pommies!!  

16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

All these are just mind games to put the opposition under pressure.

Team India just need to focus and forget about all these statements. 

Or use them as motivation to up their game.  I suspect that, Shastri would've made sure the team heard it a million times and challenged them to prove these naysaying so-called "expert" wrong.  Maybe smashed a bottle or two to fire 'em up!   

Dravid?

"Gentlemen, they are saying we are undercooked. Actually, they are right. We must be cautious. Be aware of our weaknesses and minimize them.

Gill - watch the incoming ball.

Puji - make sure your SR is above 3.0, but below 3.2, because trying for more will be your weakness.

Virat - don't go chasing wide balls

Seam bowlers - line and length like Paras-bhai told you.

Spinners - control the runs.

Captain Jasprit - remember, this is your first test as captain. No unnecessary risks. Only 2 slips. No gully. Run control. Wicket taking is a weakness for us.

Bharath - I would advise you with something, but you are too young, hungry and inexperienced to play. We need to be cautious in our approach. So, Hanuma will play instead.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
4 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

OK, he has thrown the gauntlet, taken off his gloves, poked the sleeping bear, and all those cliches. 

I visited the UK a few weeks ago to see family. 

Watched a Surrey-Middlesex T20 blast match sitting in the stands at Lords when Jason Roy lit it up.  Then, watched in awe (on TV) when Bairstow slapped the Kiwis around to pull off the 2nd test win. Just started to feel a tinge of admiration for Jonny ... and my hatred for the Poms started to decline just a little bit.  Until now. 

Who the eff is Moeen to tell me the truth that India is undercooked?  Eff you and your fellow Pommies.  Undercooked?  Like in Brisbane?  Yeah, I'll take that!  Eff the Pommies!!  

Time to cut off his IPL contract! 

6 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Or use them as motivation to up their game.  I suspect that, Shastri would've made sure the team heard it a million times and challenged them to prove these naysaying so-called "expert" wrong.  Maybe smashed a bottle or two to fire 'em up!   

Dravid?

"Gentlemen, they are saying we are undercooked. Actually, they are right. We must be cautious. Be aware of our weaknesses and minimize them.

Gill - watch the incoming ball.

Puji - make sure your SR is above 3.0, but below 3.2, because trying for more will be your weakness.

Virat - don't go chasing wide balls

Seam bowlers - line and length like Paras-bhai told you.

Spinners - control the runs.

Captain Jasprit - remember, this is your first test as captain. No unnecessary risks. Only 2 slips. No gully. Run control. Wicket taking is a weakness for us.

Bharath - I would advise you with something, but you are too young, hungry and inexperienced to play. We need to be cautious in our approach. So, Hanuma will play instead.

Captain Jasprit - remember to overstep when you bowl your best delivery

5 hours ago, G_B_ said:

He is still not wrong. 

The third highest score for us was extras.

India have been bailed out by two amazing innings.

Bowling was always going to be good. 

By this logic we have been undercooked for past 3 years because our MO of PUKORA, have been non existent consistently , theirs only one or 2 players who chip in and rest of them, well it's a free lunch for them basically. First few matches of the series, KL and Rohit bailed us out, and now Rishabh and Jaddu.

6 hours ago, G_B_ said:

He is still not wrong. 

The third highest score for us was extras.

India have been bailed out by two amazing innings.

Bowling was always going to be good. 

England is no different barristow hit form apart root and stokes not much different.

2 hours ago, gattaca said:

England is no different barristow hit form apart root and stokes not much different.

Not even stokes. Root or bairstow.

Inside 30 overs we need to get them 4 or 5 down. Then use bouncer tactics after