Kela walking on thin ice or is he?

Suhaan

Months ago this side looked quite different from what it was seen yesterday
KL returned but didn't spend much time at the crease,looked shyte scared once again against padosis
The skills and mindset which he once possessed is thing of the past now
I believe he too needs to be on his toes,with India trying to be positive from the beginning of the innings

A top order of Rohit,Kela and Kohli in this age of t20 cricket appears to be faulty

Discuss

28 minutes ago, Number said:

One of the worst top 3 in T20 world at the moment. 

Disagree with that assessment.

I will say only KL is bad right now in top 3.

Kohli seems to be getting into some kind of groove. No, not the old Kohli but some kind of quick knock player.

And Rohit is good as such. Today is an exception given early wicket and as I hear slower conditions.

Ya Kela is the worst. He can occasionally bully good team not named pak. But he seems like selfish 90 player who doesn't play aggresive unless his selection is on line. Even against weaker team he play internationally slow to boost his avg, he can brain fade at anytime we have seen this in ipl inspite of staying long he was unable to finish in crunch scenario many a times. In his own admission he said sr is overrated. I mean I have never seen a talented batsmen who has all the shots in the book and still being so meek.

Edited by raki05
1 hour ago, raki05 said:

Ya Kela is the worst. He can occasionally bully good team not named pak. But he seems like selfish 90 player who doesn't play aggresive unless his selection is on line. Even against weaker team he play internationally slow to boost his avg, he can brain fade at anytime we have seen this in ipl inspite of staying long he was unable to finish in crunch scenario many a times. In his own admission he said sr is overrated. I mean I have never seen a talented batsmen who has all the shots in the book and still being so meek.

Exactly. Dude is a master vs spin pace and bounce. Somehow he messes up and gets out to random balls. Hint of movement and then gone.

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

KL just can't open...  He has technical faults & add to that in a pressure game..   He totally loses it.  Rather have him bat at 5 than this or open with SKY & push Pant at 4.

And yet he scored two test centuries in England!

For me, his improvement as test opener has coincided with downturn as t20 opener 

https://www.indiancricketfans.com/topic/128763-possible-kl-rahul-theory/

2 hours ago, raki05 said:

Too much similarity with Manish Pandey ji....  Mayank for all his faults is a selfless player & he often used to outshine Kela in IPl for Punjab.   Mentality is eventually different for every player.  Pant I mentally ten times more stronger than Kela as far as big games are concerned.   Minnow Bashing har koi kar leta hai...  Faaltu bilateral mai bhi chal jaata.  Even a completely shot out reflex player Dhawan looked better than him in Zim.  Too meek..  Too selfish this kela.  He will minnow Bash HK & secure his spot till final. 

4 hours ago, sarcastic said:

Disagree with that assessment.

I will say only KL is bad right now in top 3.

Kohli seems to be getting into some kind of groove. No, not the old Kohli but some kind of quick knock player.

And Rohit is good as such. Today is an exception given early wicket and as I hear slower conditions.

Kohli playing his shots is welcome but he won't choose to play like that more often

He is a senior player now. He doesn't lose his batting position even after a long break. But he is acting like a perennial rookie.  Honestly before even the 2nd innings started i was 90% sure Kela would get out first over he faces. Getting an inside edge on to stumps while playing a shot is one thing. But getting inside on to stumps while trying to defend is another thing. That too in T20.  That underlines his fear of getting out.  He is opposite of David warner who is generally very brisk and trying to get to other end as quickly as possible to get the circulation going. Even Sehwag was  good at pinching singles. Dhawan despite technical flaws was not a mental midget.  He would not get out due to nerves.  Currently Rohit and Rahul both can be nervous. That is a no no. We need at least one confident nerveless opener. Sadly Prithvi Shaw disappointed us with poor fitness, poor growth. He still has time on his hand. 

2 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Prithvi Shaw was the best Indian batsman in the IPL just gone by. There is a reason Delhi were happy to let go of Shreyas Iyer but kept Prithvi. Indian selectors with their collective galaxy sized brains play have chosen to gift iyer multiple chances.

Let me just say it again - The only time Shaw failed was in the first test at Adelaide. That has been hung around his neck like no Indian newbie failed like that before.

The problem for Shaw is that there are too many openers even on the sidelines. Shaw himself, Gaikwad, Padikkal, Agarwal, etc. 

Kela is a proven mental midget. One of the most mentally weak/fattu batsmen to hv ever played for India.    If at all he plays, his role should be limited to only slogging.  Give him the No 5 or 6 slot OR else kick him out. Opening with him is a recipe for disaster irrespective of the quality of the opponent.  As an opener,  he is capable of making Zim/HK bowling attack look like the unbeatable Aussie attack of 2000s.  :hysterical: He is that **** as an opener.   

Edited by Frustrated