Ankit_sharma03

Harshal Patel Interview

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/harshal-patel-upgrades-t20-skills-with-new-ball-bowling-and-length-variations-1335375

"I've explored a little bit in terms of the lengths I can bowl with the slower ball," he explained. "Usually when I bowl the slower balls, it's mainly fuller or at the good length. But now I've started bowling more shorter slower balls which are working out very well for me. That's one thing obviously.

"I've also been working on my new-ball skills for a while. I started doing that mid-IPL. Just because in the IPL, what I was supposed to do [mainly middle-overs and death bowling], all my skills were top notch, so I didn't need to work on them.

"I have not been working a lot on my batting because of time constraints, because you're constantly in competition. But during rehab, I've had a chance to hit 500-700 balls over two-three weeks. It's something I've wanted to work on for quite a while because I really want to contribute in that capacity as well."

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Why would anyone hate batting:) Given a choice I would want bat and bat and bat never bowl at all

Anyone can bat all day but bowling can be tiring.Also batting down the order means you can't just practice doing tuk tuk .They have to play their shots almost from get go,also match could be on a knife edge,so there will be a lot of pressure.

Batsmen themselves try to avoid such situations and bat up the order where they can take more time.

21 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Comes across as a very intelligent guy .

Great is working on slower ball on short length, will be very handy on those longer grounds in Australia 

He is already slow. So bowling even slower wouldn't be hard. That's bis speciality. 

He has to master yorkers. Just slower balls won't work. They are used better as surprise weapon.

Arshdeep is more reliable bowler. Harshal can bat at 8 though

I'd play both, and play one less spinner unless its dry and spin is expected

On 9/19/2022 at 9:46 PM, Lord said:

He has to master yorkers. Just slower balls won't work. They are used better as surprise weapon.

Arshdeep is more reliable bowler. Harshal can bat at 8 though

I'd play both, and play one less spinner unless its dry and spin is expected

Spot on. This guy doesn't even have a yorker or say confidence to bowl yorker. Can't work in T20s.