Harshal Patel Interview

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/harshal-patel-upgrades-t20-skills-with-new-ball-bowling-and-length-variations-1335375

"I've explored a little bit in terms of the lengths I can bowl with the slower ball," he explained. "Usually when I bowl the slower balls, it's mainly fuller or at the good length. But now I've started bowling more shorter slower balls which are working out very well for me. That's one thing obviously.

"I've also been working on my new-ball skills for a while. I started doing that mid-IPL. Just because in the IPL, what I was supposed to do [mainly middle-overs and death bowling], all my skills were top notch, so I didn't need to work on them.

"I have not been working a lot on my batting because of time constraints, because you're constantly in competition. But during rehab, I've had a chance to hit 500-700 balls over two-three weeks. It's something I've wanted to work on for quite a while because I really want to contribute in that capacity as well."

21 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Comes across as a very intelligent guy .

Great is working on slower ball on short length, will be very handy on those longer grounds in Australia 

He is already slow. So bowling even slower wouldn't be hard. That's bis speciality. 

On 9/19/2022 at 9:46 PM, Lord said:

He has to master yorkers. Just slower balls won't work. They are used better as surprise weapon.

Arshdeep is more reliable bowler. Harshal can bat at 8 though

I'd play both, and play one less spinner unless its dry and spin is expected

Spot on. This guy doesn't even have a yorker or say confidence to bowl yorker. Can't work in T20s.

21 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Sid Monga on cricinfo brought up a critical point.. conditons in Mohali closest to Aus and harshal's variety of slower balls don't get the grip like they do in other pitches.. I am worried if its true

Among the countries we play regularly in, such gripping pitches exist only in India, WI and SL ... that too in some venues and not all. 

WI wants to be a minnow team. So, any bowler will work.

That means Harshsl will work only in some pitches in home matches and in some pitches in SL 

Do we need bowlers with such narrow scope  ?