Is Harshal Patel the worst bowler to have represented India ?

Sean Bradley

1 hour ago, SandeepMotta said:

Harsha did well in UAE where the wickets were over used and same with the second half of IPL last year. Unfortunately our selectors are dumb moron who want to validate their careers by picking trundlers and Harsha is a dream pick for them. Expect him and his short slower balls to be smashed out of the park in Australia.

I just think what was known to us months back is unknown to team management. I am sure Rohit and Kohli must be hitting these trundlers in the nets too. If not then we have another problem. But can't they realise that this is not going to work.

16 hours ago, Mariyam said:

There was this IPL game at the Wankhede.

I had those box VIP seats for that one. Front row. He was fielding close to the boundary. The ball was going slowly towards the boundary.

I was in those box VIP seats for that game, in case I forgot to mention it. 

MUNAF PATEL didn't even bend down to stop the ball. He let it roll by. To the boundary. And gave a sheepish grin.

PS: IDK if I mentioned it, but I was in those VIP box seats for that game.

You cannot expect him to stoop so low.

By the way, what kind of seat did you have Mariyam ?

Edited by express bowling
17 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

Cant think of anyone else as bad as Harshal Patel representing India in the blues. Few come to mind like Joginder Sharma, Thiru Kumaran etc, but none were as bad as this Gentleman.

Jogi bhai still would get away with his heroics in 2007, but there seems to be no redemption for H Patel. 

Set some sample like 20 games all formats combined.

Very hard to pick among worst, basically those who played for India are the ones..

Ashok Dinda is also quite a popular name and Indian Umar Akmal in the world of memes so he can be one.

Easily one of the worse, he ain't no mustafizur whose variations are spot on and very difficult to disguise with his quick arm action, harshal was rejected by Gujarat ranji team and had to move to Haryana for game time, Gujarat never known for great fast bowlers, harshal is a one trick pony and his slower balls are easy to pick, lack of height makes him a easy target with his action anything over 130kph will skid on and no bounce much, only bowler who was this toothless was Vinay but on a seaming wicket he was a wicket taker, pankaj Singh, vrv Singh, Sudeep tyagi were all decent Pacers with some attributes, Mithun to did well in his debut series and got the ball to seam around, harshal ain't even Dimitri mascaraenas level bowler who would atleast keep it very tight.

Guy makes the most out of what he has for a late bloomer but you can't make it to the Indian team without having shown something at some level or having some very powerful backers. What is his first class and domestic record like? We bash many other trundlers here but tbf to them they have the ability to make the ball talk and take wickets even when the batsman isn't looking to attack them. This guy cant have only been the medium pace version of Varun C to get this far. The guys comes across well in interviews l, a very determined character which kind of softens the opinion about him I otherwise would have had. 

4 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

Guy makes the most out of what he has for a late bloomer but you can't make it to the Indian team without having shown something at some level or having some very powerful backers. What is his first class and domestic record like? We bash many other trundlers here but tbf to them they have the ability to make the ball talk and take wickets even when the batsman isn't looking to attack them. This guy cant have only been the medium pace version of Varun C to get this far. The guys comes across well in interviews l, a very determined character which kind of softens the opinion about him I otherwise would have had. 

He is close to Anirudh Choudhury, maybe that is the link for his selection.

13 hours ago, Mesky99 said:

He is close to Anirudh Choudhury, maybe that is the link for his selection.

FC LA T20
Matches 64 60 134
Runs scored 1,363 645 981
Batting average 16.42 16.53 16.91
100s/50s 0/5 0/3 0/3
Top score 83 69 82
Balls bowled 10,519 2,572 2,800
Wickets 226 85 162
Bowling average 23.56 26.77 23.00
5 wickets in innings 12 1 1
10 wickets in match 4 0 0
Best bowling 8/34 5/21 5/27
Catches/stumpings 25/0 13/0

27/0

That is a more than decent List a and First class average, what am i missing?

5 hours ago, rollingstoned said:
FC LA T20
Matches 64 60 134
Runs scored 1,363 645 981
Batting average 16.42 16.53 16.91
100s/50s 0/5 0/3 0/3
Top score 83 69 82
Balls bowled 10,519 2,572 2,800
Wickets 226 85 162
Bowling average 23.56 26.77 23.00
5 wickets in innings 12 1 1
10 wickets in match 4 0 0
Best bowling 8/34 5/21 5/27
Catches/stumpings 25/0 13/0

27/0

That is a more than decent List a and First class average, what am i missing?

Vinay, mohanty, sid kaul, Chintan gaja all have great records, some of the pitches from 2014-2019 were so bad which elevated these average club level bowlers to pick wickets in heaps, the pitch at lahli is a seamers paradise, just land the ball at around 120k and watch the magic.

Joginder sharma could be the luckiest bowler , he was under 125 K and 5 7" Man. 

I cant believe why just bowlers are picked after seeing STATISTICS and score board. sandeep sharma was a little faster than joginder and he had better swing Skills.

Line n Length and Pace should be the criterion for Pacers. Turn and spin  should be for spinners. on a turning track even a batsman can bowl spin.

from the world cup match , he was dropped and later he became a police man. after the world cup winning match , he was never played, that clearly shows that he was not worth an india position but some influential person has got him into team.

now if harshal gets more success than bumrah on an indian track , that wont mean harshal is a better bowler than boom.

now umran is a diamond , he may not be taking wickets now but he is getting ready for tommorow. Same is Mark wood , he is very sharp and when he gets his mojo , he is dangerous.

Worst bowlers are Chetan Sakariya, Jaydev Unadkut, Sandeep Sharma, Siddharth Kaul, Vinay Kumar, Abhimanyu Mithun. Even Ashok Dinda has respectable T20 performances with good performance against Pakistan.

Excluding legends like T Yohanan, T Kumaran, Sarandeep Singh, Rahul Sanghvi, Ashish Kapoor as were a bowling deprived nation during that era.

Smashed for nearly 50 off 4 overs v Aus 2nd string state side and mauled by the tail-enders.

Always thought he was a parody trundler in IPL picked for giggles. Somehow now gets consistently picked and frightening that will be front-line bowler at the T20 WC. 

Probably is the worst ever picked in terms of conceding runs by the bucket-load. Trundle in, smashed, repeat. 

HARMLESS PATEL

Edited by The Realist