Bumrah ruled out of world cup : PTI

Number

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Nah they are not pace bowlers.Tyagi, Mohsin, Sen all of them are medium pace at best.  I have not seen Simarjeet.Nagarkoti had potential to be genuine pacer but is he injury free.

Bumrah was genuine pace bowler till 2019 his first injury.Only Umran has genuine pace but he is still very raw. Are the bowlers you have named better options than trundler brigade who have been selected  answer is yes but calling them pace bowlers is bit too much.

If Tyagi,Mohsin and Sen are medium pace then pace bowlers don't exist

Tyagi,Sen,Mohsin all have bowled in excess of 145

Test cricket is different format where very few pacers maintain their pace
Its about spells and match situation where they have to vary pace to enforce

Bowling in short spells help maintain good pace
Here we are talking about t20s and odis

32 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I am sure they touch 145 k , even Ajit Agarkar touched 145k on occasions .Did it make Agarkar express bowler? Personally I would select Moshin as injury replacement for Bumrah.

I might be wrong personally to me that snap has been missing from Bumrah after 2019.He is still touching speeds but he no longer is that Bumrah.

he is careful now to not hit the deck as often as earlier..else it will hit is back not deck..lol..its understandable..

feeling sad for him..but we need these kind of moments..to expose improper planning,vision and grooming of the responsible parties..

Injury is part and parcel of the game..when you get blessed with a phenomenal talent..you dont forget grooming some sort of the backups..and just live in the present only..

Edited by Need4Speed

atleast I like what they are trying with Raj Bawa..to create some backup for Pandya..they tried..Vijay Shankar,Shivam Dube,Venky Iyer..so atleast they were trying for Pandya..

not sure why they only went for Avesh in case of Bumrah's backup of hitting the deck..

and please we dont want Rishi Dhawan..he has the domestic numbers but he will be useless in international level..

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

I am sure they touch 145 k , even Ajit Agarkar touched 145k on occasions .Did it make Agarkar express bowler? Personally I would select Moshin as injury replacement for Bumrah.

I might be wrong personally to me that snap has been missing from Bumrah after 2019.He is still touching speeds but he no longer is that Bumrah.

Yes. I would play him in Tests only and that too if he gives his 100%. With his action and the devils of IPL ( 2.5 months of tamasha) we might never see the peak Bumrah again in white ball internationals

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

But are they really pace bowlers.Question is do we have any genuine pace bowlers in the system other Umran who is clearly not ready.

Umran has pace but isn't a "genuine bowler" just yet.  Lacks the control, or movement, or variations to be a proper top shelf international bowler.  

This arbitrary classifications of "genuine" pace etc are just that.  Anybody who can bowl 140+ is quick enough, provided he is a good bowler.  Problem for us is that we have guys like Chahar, Arshdeep, and 2022 version of Bhuvi - all of whom are not anywhere near 140+ on a consistent basis.  And guys who can bowl in that spectrum - Prasidh, Avesh, Umran - consistently demonstrated their inconsistency and lack of reliability in execution.  

My question is this - why weren't all these T20 games used to evaluate more replacements for Boomrah?  Its a glaring mistake.

1 minute ago, Lord said:

He'll be fit for entire IPL

After every exit we pledge to  boycott IPL but it surges without providing anything to Indian cricket

IPL has its own importance (almost all international cricketers play in T20 leagues including IPL. SA players have missed national games for IPL). 

It is not IPL's fault. Players have their options, national sides should have theirs too including developing the talent pool. 

Blaming IPL is the easy way out ... Only interesting thing here is that Bumrah plays for MI, which is captained by the person captaining India, who knows a major tournament is ahead and still played Bumrah even when his team was out of the competition (would have been understandable if MI was in contention for the title) 

6 minutes ago, Lord said:

He'll be fit for entire IPL

After every exit we pledge to  boycott IPL but it surges without providing anything to Indian cricket

I don't undestand why fans are so desperate to vent their frustrations by "blaming IPL".  IPL is the reason why cricket has become a viable career option for thousands of young talents, and is the reason why we were able to find players like Ashwin, Boomrah, Pandya.  You take the good with the bad.  And fans shouldn't begrudge the players' opportunities to earn money in their short lived careers.  

Just because you feel entitled to bragging rights about the team's hypothetical wins, and feel like you can attribute 'missing out' on that due to IPL, doesn't change facts.