Bumrah ruled out of world cup : PTI

Number

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah was prematurely rushed back.

Should have been given time to recover fully.

The fitness personnel at the NCA, in charge of rehabilitation, must be held responsible for declaring him fit. 

Bumrah is a gem .... and should not be handled poorly. 

I think the staff that deals with rehab at the NCA needs to be evaluated. How well did they handle Bumrah, Jadeja, Hardik etc. I don’t know much about this field. It just seems that we have injury issues that are not fully resolved even after long rehabilitation periods. Do we have the best talent in their fields to support/monitor the players? Thinking NFL football is a violent sport. Baseball, regular season is 162 games a year. I haven’t analyzed it, but it looks like these demanding sports are successful at keeping their stars in a position where they can play. Do they have more skilled support staffs? 

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

But are they really pace bowlers.Question is do we have any genuine pace bowlers in the system other Umran who is clearly not ready.

Tyagi,Mohsin,Sen,Nagarkoti,Simarjeet that are ones who can bowl quick etc and many more if you talk about guys in the system

However,pecking order or who are in radar are altogether different matter

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Tyagi,Mohsin,Sen,Nagarkoti,Simarjeet that are ones who can bowl quick etc and many more if you talk about guys in the system

However,pecking order or who are in radar are altogether different matter

Nah they are not pace bowlers.Tyagi, Mohsin, Sen all of them are medium pace at best.  I have not seen Simarjeet.Nagarkoti had potential to be genuine pacer but is he injury free.

Bumrah was genuine pace bowler till 2019 his first injury.Only Umran has genuine pace but he is still very raw. Are the bowlers you have named better options than trundler brigade who have been selected  answer is yes but calling them pace bowlers is bit too much.

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah was prematurely rushed back.

Should have been given time to recover fully.

The fitness personnel at the NCA, in charge of rehabilitation, must be held responsible for declaring him fit. 

Bumrah is a gem .... and should not be handled poorly. 

The gem prioritises IPL over national duties. I knew this would happen. Dont worry you will see him in IPL soon. 

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Nah they are not pace bowlers.Tyagi, Mohsin, Sen all of them are medium pace at best.  I have not seen Simarjeet.Nagarkoti had potential to be genuine pacer but is he injury free.

Bumrah was genuine pace bowler till 2019 his first injury.Only Umran has genuine pace but he is still very raw. Are the bowlers you have named better options than trundler brigade who have been selected  answer is yes but calling them pace bowlers is bit too much.

Tyagi and Sen are faster than Bumrah.they are only behind Umran in terms of pace and both can bowl good Yorkers and bouncers. Consistently breaching 90 mph.

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Tyagi and Sen are faster than Bumrah.they are only behind Umran in terms of pace and both can bowl good Yorkers and bouncers. Consistently breaching 90 mph.

You mean current Bumrah or Bumrah before his first injury?? How long they could sustain that speed. Bumrah was bowling at geniune pace even in test cricket not just t20s.One more thing which Bumrah had, he bowled heavy ball and with his action batsmen always felt rushed . I always liked Tyagi with his genuine outswinger and he could be a great death bowler too.I wanted him to be in test squad back in 2019.

Edited by putrevus
2 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

The gem prioritises IPL over national duties. I knew this would happen. Dont worry you will see him in IPL soon. 

That is a speculation but nothing wrong with prioritizing IPL, one of the major T20 tournaments, or whatever else players prefer ... National team also has its pool of players including the option to develop its talent pool. 

Back injuries usually can take up to 6 months to heal. 

SOS to RP Singh or whoever his modern equivalent is?

Bumrah is 29 soon. This looks like the beginning of the end of his career. In reality with the resources Ind has it should not be an issue but the bowling stocks are as bare as Chahal's muscles and/or the selectors just pick from their clique.

Either way it is a dire situation and Ind is not winning any international trophy soon with such dismal planning and management. Dravid has been an unmitigated disaster.

14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

You mean current Bumrah or Bumrah before his first injury?? How long they could sustain that speed. Bumrah was bowling at geniune pace even in test cricket not just t20s.One more thing which Bumrah had, he bowled heavy ball and with his action batsmen always felt rushed . I always liked Tyagi with his genuine outswinger and he could be a great death bowler too.I wanted him to be in test squad back in 2019.

We are currently talking about T20s. Both have hit around 150ks in T20 IPL. So it is quick by any standards. Kuldeep has a very smooth biomechanically perfect action and generates pace of 90 mph effortlessly. He is actually working on consistently hitting 150 kph with top pace of 155+.

Edited by rkt.india
2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

We are currently talking about T20s. Both have hit around 150ks in T20 IPL. So it is quick by any standards. Kuldeep has a very smooth biomechanically perfect action and generates pace of 90 mph effortlessly. He is actually working on consistently hitting 150 kph with top pace of 155+.

I am talking about India needing to more than Bumrah the bowler  in fast bowling.Bumrah is more than just speed gun. He rushes the batsmen. I don't know if Kuldeep has that ability to rush the batsmen. Kuldeep is almost 26 and why is he still developing should be the question.He is not a replacement for Bumrah in my view.

If Kuldeep was so good why was Avesh chosen over him.

30 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Sen and Tyagi can be express at times and bowl.145 k+ regularly in T20s atleast.

Mohsin is bouncy fast-medoum. 

30 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Bumrah was genuine pace bowler till 2019 his first injury.

Bumrah has hit top speeds of 146 k to 149 k in almost every test match he has played in 2021 and 2022.  With lots of balls around 145 k.

That is still genuine pace.

Even in his last 2 T20Is, he was hitting 142 k to 145 k with ease despite back issues. 

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I am talking about India needing to more than Bumrah the bowler  in fast bowling.Bumrah is more than just speed gun. He rushes the batsmen. I don't know if Kuldeep has that ability to rush the batsmen.

Both Kuldeep and Tyagi rush batsmen more than Umran does.

And both are 6'2" and hit the splice of the bat.

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Sen and Tyagi can be express at times and bowl.145 k+ regularly in T20s atleast.

Mohsin is bouncy fast-medoum. 

Bumrah has hit top speeds of 146 k to 149 k in almost every test match he has played in 2021 and 2022.  With lots of balls around 145 k.

That is still genuine pace.

Even in his last 2 T20Is, he was hitting 142 k to 145 k with ease despite back issues. 

I am sure they touch 145 k , even Ajit Agarkar touched 145k on occasions .Did it make Agarkar express bowler? Personally I would select Moshin as injury replacement for Bumrah.

I might be wrong personally to me that snap has been missing from Bumrah after 2019.He is still touching speeds but he no longer is that Bumrah.

Edited by putrevus