Arjun Tendulkar: lower on pace but has some oomph

maniac

15 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

There are far too many similar left arm seamers floating around. None of them are good. Moshin Khan is the only one who looked promising.

Mukesh Choudhary was good as well last year...had a rough start but really made use of new ball moving it both sides at decent pace (132-142).
Sadly both are injured.

1 minute ago, singhvivek141 said:

Mukesh Choudhary was good as well last year...had a rough start but really made use of new ball moving it both sides at decent pace (132-142).
Sadly both are injured.

If the pace is not up there your skill level has to be top notch. For now Arshdeep is the only one in the radar of selection committee due to his ability to swing upfront and also bowl deceptively quick bouncer.

People who hyped him as a 140-145 kph seamer did him no justice. Now he looks worse due to those expectations. Respect his hardwork but he lacks the natural skill. Pace is way too low for any decent standard of cricket.On the plus side he seems to have top level control so he definitely works super hard.

22 hours ago, maniac said:

@express bowling @rkt.india @Suhaan @Mosher @MK55my thoughts are he was trying too hard to get swing and shape and cut down on pace in that process. He still got zip off the surface. While I don’t think he will ever be a 150 bowler he can easily up is speed to 135-140. Got natural seam movement. If his batting is as decent as I think it is and looking at him he comes across as a natural athlete. Something to work with here. Also has all the resources at his disposal.What are your thoughts?

also knowing our seniors especially from the 90’s he will get advice to focus on line/length and swing than to go all out. His daddy obviously being the big daddy of all those seniors I won’t be surprised :giggle:

anyway that’s my assessment.

Maybe first match nerves,I hope it is

Bowled 2 overs upfront,

He and Hanga both have messy run-up

With so much information available in the internet and money at disposal to these fully aware guys,why they lack basic understanding of the game

Still young

3 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

My list has names of great father's with mediocre sons. With all due respect, i find nothing great about Amit Shah.

the greatest thing Amit Shah has done is remove article 370 and nothing beats that. This alone makes him one of the greatest Indian politician. 

23 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

Abhishek Bacchan, Sanjay Manjrekar, Rahul Gandhi, Tushar Kapoor, Fardeen Khan, Arjun Tendulkar, the list goes on. You can guess why I listed down these names.

Rohan Gavaskar was the other high profile son.

He bowled well, but let's not overhype him for now. Let's hope he focus on his skill set and work on his pace.

He had 20 runs to defend and facing batters were Samad and Bhuvi...Samad is still a hitter but Bhuvi is hopeless. So basically he had danger only from one end.

Edited by singhvivek141

5 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

He bowled well, but let's not overhype him for now. Let's hope he focus on his skill set and work on his pace.

He had 20 runs to defend and facing batters were Samad and Bhuvi...Samad is still a hitter but Bhuvi is hopeless. So basically he had danger only from one end.

and samad is not much of a hitter if you bowl wide enough. samad is a poor man's SRK, and SRK himself is a poor man's X, who is poor man's Y, and so on

On 4/16/2023 at 4:40 PM, maniac said:

Can’t give up on this kid. Has potential

low on pace but has some zip to his bowling.

have a feeling he will make it 

for those who missed his bowling please see below . Want to see him bat as I think this kid some batting swag too.

His pace is too low and with this runup and action , won't add any more yards . With so many other fastmen in India way ahead of him , he won't make it beyond franchise cricket.