Babar is unfairly trolled by Pakistani media

gakgupta

I have seen in quite a few Pakistani videos where he is unfairly trolled.... he is a very good player but might not be in best of the forms and usually that happens to players...

He is compared to Kohli and trolled very badly....  first place..why compare him against one fo the best modern day cricketer 

First..Kohli is in form of his life and second.. he is the best player while chasing and no one come closer to him ...even the great bevan...

How can you compare babar with Kohli esp when it comes to chasing and unfairly troll him... 

He is good in his own respect and he needs to be respected and he comes across as nice guy unlike earlier Pakistani players...

I have seen him scoring against good teams and poor guy has been blamed of scoring runs only against nepal and Zimbabwe...

It's obvious that he will score against the teams he plays against...you expect him to fail even against them??

I have seen some wonderful centuries against australia in Australia...

I am not his fan but he is a good batsmen and would love to see him bat

Edited by gakgupta
5 hours ago, gakgupta said:

I have seen in quite a few Pakistani videos where he is unfairly trolled.... he is a very good player but might not be in best of the forms and usually that happens to players...

He is compared to Kohli and trolled very badly....  first place..why compare him against one fo the best modern day cricketer 

First..Kohli is in form of his life and second.. he is the best player while chasing and no one come closer to him ...even the great bevan...

How can you compare babar with Kohli esp when it comes to chasing and unfairly troll him... 

He is good in his own respect and he needs to be respected and he comes across as nice guy unlike earlier Pakistani players...

I have seen him scoring against good teams and poor guy has been blamed of scoring runs only against nepal and Zimbabwe...

It's obvious that he will score against the teams he plays against...you expect him to fail even against them??

I have seen some wonderful centuries against australia in Australia...

I am not his fan but he is a good batsmen and would love to see him bat

The guy is too laid back. Simple. Does not cry captaincy material. 

Pakistan fans and media have built Babar to be the second coming of Bradman and SRT.

But the stark reality is that he’s an above average batsman who makes above average runs but can’t force or change the nature of a game against top teams at full strength.  A significant proportion of his numbers are built against weaker teams or top teams sending their B teams.

He’s expected to do things he cannot.  This, built up to the skies by his fans and media , when he inevitably falls, he halls hard.

He is a nice guy and I feel for him. 

Pakistani's has a habit of creating unrealistic expectations, and once they fail to achieve that they will start to look elsewhere to blame but themselves.

Babar, Imam, Rizwan there all are the best Pakistan can produce. They are not world beaters but as a collective unit they are decent, can score at a fair clip.

No one is blaming Shaheen, Rauf, Hassan for their shitshow throughout the tournament. Batting is bailing them out and all they do is getting cheap wickets when the opposition batters are trying to hit them out at the end. Not sure if they're too ignorant or too egoistic to accept that their fast bowling legacy is finished and torn apart to pieces.

Anyway, its a good thing for us that they're barking at the wrong convicts. 

On 10/24/2023 at 9:43 AM, singhvivek141 said:

Pakistani's has a habit of creating unrealistic expectations, and once they fail to achieve that they will start to look elsewhere to blame but themselves.

Babar, Imam, Rizwan there all are the best Pakistan can produce. They are not world beaters but as a collective unit they are decent, can score at a fair clip.

No one is blaming Shaheen, Rauf, Hassan for their shitshow throughout the tournament. Batting is bailing them out and all they do is getting cheap wickets when the opposition batters are trying to hit them out at the end. Not sure if they're too ignorant or too egoistic to accept that their fast bowling legacy is finished and torn apart to pieces.

Anyway, its a good thing for us that they're barking at the wrong convicts. 

This. It's their bowling that is crap. I don't know if it's permanently finished but Haris Rauf has bowled worse than  Vinay Kumar on a bad day. 

They take wickets at the back end when opposing teams have already scored 250/0.

They neither take wickets up front nor bowl with any control

And let's not even mention their garbage spinners. 

The batting has actually held up well 

Media, world over, for all kinds of problems, is more interested in assigning a 'who' to pin all blame on. The 'who' is generally someone who is a popular target on SM for whatever reason and has fallen out of favour with the powers that be.

People just want scapegoats. If not for xyz we are so great etc etc.

Hypothetically,  If it we fared poorly in the WC, I suspect Dravid would be the scapegoat. Easy pickings. Far more difficult to speak out against the sifarshi seniors and the systemic rot in the BCCI. 

Specific to Babar, he is a victim of his own hype. His country men have hyped him to be something that he is not: A Kohli. He is not going to live up to those crazy expectations.

23 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Media, world over, for all kinds of problems, is more interested in assigning a 'who' to pin all blame on. The 'who' is generally someone who is a popular target on SM for whatever reason and has fallen out of favour with the powers that be.

People just want scapegoats. If not for xyz we are so great etc etc.

Hypothetically,  If it we fared poorly in the WC, I suspect Dravid would be the scapegoat. Easy pickings. Far more difficult to speak out against the sifarshi seniors and the systemic rot in the BCCI. 

Specific to Babar, he is a victim of his own hype. His country men have hyped him to be something that he is not: A Kohli. He is not going to live up to those crazy expectations.

I think most of the criticism which lies with Dravid (& Agarkar) is their failure to develop the bench strength. Tbh, its a failure which has cascaded from previous TM as well.

See this WC itself, one injury to Hardik and we're juggling pieces here & there to fit in combinations. God forbid if Siraj or Bumrah get injured, who are we looking to compensate..Mukesh ?? Avesh ?? Arshdeep ??

Our biggest hurdle....semi final & final are yet to be crossed. We played well in league stage during 2015 & 2019 ODI WC as well.

Chalo ji ho gaye apne India wale "holier than thou" wala attitude dikhaane ..

Abhi 1 week pehle babar ko hum hi pel rahe the .. Aur bhai pakistan ki media wale usko pel rahe hai toh andar se tumhari insaaniyat jaag rahi hai ..

Are let them do wht they want to do .. Itna bahv dena band karo pakistan ko .. they r not worth anything .. Its their player their media .. Tum log mazze lo .. Aur woh pakistani media meltdown wala thread update karo videos ke saath .. :cheer:

Pakistanis have to find a scapegoat for every loss..they simply can't accept that the nation simply doesn't have a talented pool of cricketers it once had. So now calls for Babar - their greatest batsmen since Anwar to be removed and installing someone like Sarfaraz at the helm who is living off their fluke 2017 CT win