Is it only me or Indian cricket team has become boring ?

Number

I may be in minority here but Indian cricket team doesn't excite me as much as it used to a year ago. Specially in case of test cricket.

Its not that I don't like watching cricket, as I really enjoyed Pakistan vs Eng test series also SL vs Aus in parts.

but for some reason I couldn't watch India vs WI for more than 10 mins at a stretch.

Almost every player seem to be doing what he has been doing for last 5 years, so the team as a whole looks unvaried.

I think the long home season which has always been quite dull, is gonna be even more uninteresting.

Does anyone else feels same ?

PS : I am an Indian.

5 minutes ago, Number said:

I may be in minority here but Indian cricket team doesn't excite me as much as it used to a year ago. Specially in case of test cricket.

Its not that I don't like watching cricket, as I really enjoyed Pakistan vs Eng test series also SL vs Aus in parts.

but for some reason I couldn't watch India vs WI for more than 10 mins at a stretch.

Almost every player seem to be doing what he has been doing for last 5 years, so the team as a whole looks unvaried.

I think the long home season which has always been quite dull, is gonna be even more uninteresting.

Not only India even Ashes has been boring, Aus has become a really boring

There are few reasons for indian team i feel 

1. Quality of opposition, which is Wi. Even Aus isnt that gr8 anymore. Post 2000 the games against Aus was one of the best contest. 

2. Quality of pitches at home which completely took Sa out of game.

3. No sehwag who was one of the biggest reason in last few yr that bought something 

4. Kumble n Zaheer were top notch bowlers who use to test opp batsman in every way. Post them our bowling has been more annoying 

Basically, whats missing is evenly fought high quality cricket and cricketers with x-factor

Last decade there were many players ie Tendulkar,Dravid,Ganguly,Laxman,Harbhajan,Sehwag,Dhoni, in the team who were superstars & had a great presence.They had a fan following , & had a good base in their home states.

In the current team only Kohli has huge fan following whereas Pujara ,Rahane does not have huge fan following.

And last our team is playing non stop cricket ,our team is in Windies,A team is in Australia,the remaining players are playing Duleep Trophy.

10 hours ago, Number said:

no matches in WI look exciting, poor pitches, slow outfield bad quality broadcasting. Same Indian team looked exciting in Australia series.

28 minutes ago, tweaker said:

Last decade there were many players ie Tendulkar,Dravid,Ganguly,Laxman,Harbhajan,Sehwag,Dhoni, in the team who were superstars & had a great presence.They had a fan following , & had a good base in their home states.

In the current team only Kohli has huge fan following whereas Pujara ,Rahane does not have huge fan following.

And last our team is playing non stop cricket ,our team is in Windies,A team is in Australia,the remaining players are playing Duleep Trophy.

These guy will also create their own fan following. Older cricketers were not born with fans. People became fans as they played.

kohli is a genius level player but i am a bigger fan of root

which is surprising because during tendulkar's era i never liked the other genius level batsmen in other teams like sanga, ponting, lara, kallis etc...

tendulkar was the real deal

i find it very surprising that inspite of having our own genius batsman in kohli, i like to root more for root...

strange...

I have enjoyed Indian cricket in every era and at every age.

I like watching young talent develop into good cricketers and then playing at their peak rather than old superstars playing in their last years...... so, Indian cricket is always interesting to me,  whether there are superstars playing or not.

Edited by express bowling

I should admit that I have lost a lot of interest in all these bilateral ODI and useless T 20 series mainly due to overdose of LOI cricket like IPL and super flat wickets. I remember watching all the bilateral ODI series with equal interest before IPL started. Now only multination series and tests interest me.

I have not lost interest in tests at all but prefer evenly contested series like our NZ tour where we lost over say this WI tour where we totally dominated. 

Edited by Forever Indian

I think it's mostly because of decline of ODIs and inability of players to establish themselves in both formats.

From the current team only Kohli and Ashwin are settled members of both ODI and test team. Shami, Dhawan, Rahane and Rohit have been there but they are not able to establish themselves in either test or ODI yet. Shami is almost there.

If you look at players of 2000s, SRT, Ganguly, Dravid, Sehwag, Dhoni, Zak, Kumble, Bhajji were part of both teams and formed core of Indian team. Currently you can say Kohli, Ashwin Rahane and Vijay are core of the team but only for few months of test cricket. 

Look at the ads and current image of the cricketers. You can't say these are young players. They have been around of 4-7 years (Rohit for 9 years) and don't have established image yet. Only Kohli has market value whereas other players are nowhere close to the market value as older generation players were in 2003 (when most of the players had been around for 4-5 years).

31 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I have enjoyed Indian cricket in every era and at every age.

I like watching young talent develop into good cricketers and then playing at their peak rather than old superstars playing in their last years...... so, Indian cricket is always interesting to me,  whether there are superstars playing or not.

I also like young talent especially young fast bowlers.Iam watching Duleep Trophy instead of Windies series due to exiting bowlers ie Nathusingh,Rajpoot,Kuldeep Yadav