Azhar & Eden Gardens

Irked by comments from Madan Lal, Man brought fire and fury :), kind of batsmanship we had never seen in emotionally charged Eden Gardens. Ah ! Those good ol days when you would cry to bed if India lost. When you knew that Sachin was the best batsman in the team, but Azhar was class apart on his day. When Eden gardens would roar making many a opposition crumble under sheer noise of the stadium.

Seems like ages ago. But maybe we have just become tired of cricket now. Those were the day of anticpation of watching your stars on the ground. You would watch hong kong sixes just to catch a glimpse of them.

What followed in next few years after this match was dark days for Indian cricket. But watching this innings again. mind wonder what could have been for Azhar. One of India's greatest talents and the most stylish batsman of the time.

What a great sight Azhar was. He was an absolute rage when he had made his debut for the country. 

It is funny that we never speak about Azhar and never credit him because of his involvement in fixing. Whereas, our padosis never get tired of talking about their heroes who were and are all involved in such things.

Azhar back then, apart from being a sensational batsman, was the worlds best fielder. He was the one who changed the concept of fielding in world cridket( yes, it's true. In the 80's there were none who gave weightage to fielding but along came Azhar and changed all of that)

The thing was, Jonty Rhodes was the best fielder at point, no two ways about it. But Azhar was magnificent at any place in the stadium, slips, point, boundary.. anywhere! 

As a small kid, I loved him 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Guy may be a sellout but the beauty of his batting is unmatched. No one gave my more joy than a full flowing Azhar. Hate the traitor for what he did, if he hadn't been such a crook he would have probably been among my top 3 favorite players of all time. 

Sometimes we do not understand how the Mafia uses your vulnerabilities /reputation  and blackmails you , even if you are not          willing to do unethical things.  Yes sometimes for 1 mistake in life you will  be made to pay by these Mafia.

7 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

What a great sight Azhar was. He was an absolute rage when he had made his debut for the country. 

It is funny that we never speak about Azhar and never credit him because of his involvement in fixing. Whereas, our padosis never get tired of talking about their heroes who were and are all involved in such things.

Azhar back then, apart from being a sensational batsman, was the worlds best fielder. He was the one who changed the concept of fielding in world cridket( yes, it's true. In the 80's there were none who gave weightage to fielding but along came Azhar and changed all of that)

The thing was, Jonty Rhodes was the best fielder at point, no two ways about it. But Azhar was magnificent at any place in the stadium, slips, point, boundary.. anywhere! 

As a small kid, I loved him 

I did too.  But his betrayal is unforgivable.  

7 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Sometimes we do not understand how the Mafia uses your vulnerabilities /reputation  and blackmails you , even if you are not          willing to do unethical things.  Yes sometimes for 1 mistake in life you will  be made to pay by these Mafia.

Sometimes even Indian fans fall into the green-bro style trap of making excuses for their fallen heroes.  

Guy may be a sellout but the beauty of his batting is unmatched. No one gave my more joy than a full flowing Azhar. Hate the traitor for what he did, if he hadn't been such a crook he would have probably been among my top 3 favorite players of all time. 
The most wristy player better than laxman in wristy batting

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk