Quinton de Kock ruled out of the remaining ODIs and T20I series against India due to a wrist injury

ABDV and De Kock on the shelf due to Indian fast bowlers. Watch how South Africans roll out pattas in anticipation of starc and cummins arrival. Then anti Kohli brigade will say look, look....Steve Smith scored more runs than Kohli despite one batting on minefield and other batting ok patta. Then @Gollum will come back to me oh well all batsmen have x,y,z in their record if you look hard enough. No if Steve Smith gets pattas, judge his performance accordingly, if he gets minefields then we'll think about a direct comparison. 

16 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

ABDV and De Kock on the shelf due to Indian fast bowlers. Watch how South Africans roll out pattas in anticipation of starc and cummins arrival. Then anti Kohli brigade will say look, look....Steve Smith scored more runs than Kohli despite one batting on minefield and other batting ok patta. Then @Gollum will come back to me oh well all batsmen have x,y,z in their record if you look hard enough. No if Steve Smith gets pattas, judge his performance accordingly, if he gets minefields then we'll think about a direct comparison. 

India has been thwarted by two ATGs in last three series in SA.Kallis in 2011 and 13.ABDV in this series. You are right Smith will never get the same tracks as Kohli.

Edited by putrevus
6 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Smith got similar pitches like Kohli in his previous SA, NZ, Eng and Ind test tours and comprehensively outperformed the Indian in every single series. There is simply no comparison in test cricket between the 2. Desperate Pakistani fans used to bring Inzi in every Sachin discussion, I see a similar trait in Kohli bhakts. Kohli may eventually surpass Smith after 5 years but now's not the time to throw hissy fits. 

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Smith got similar pitches like Kohli in his previous SA, NZ, Eng and Ind test tours and comprehensively outperformed the Indian in every single series. There is simply no comparison in test cricket between the 2. Desperate Pakistani fans used to bring Inzi in every Sachin discussion, I see a similar trait in Kohli bhakts. Kohli may eventually surpass Smith after 5 years but now's not the time to throw hissy fits. 

I don't like Smith, but he's comfortably ahead of Virat in tests.   

Kohli is yards ahead of Smith in LOI cricket though.

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I don't like Smith, but he's comfortably ahead of Virat in tests.   

Kohli is yards ahead of Smith in LOI cricket though.

Miles ahead in T20 cricket I agree :thumbsup:.

Ahead in ODI cricket but not by as much as a few chamchas would like us to believe. Granted statistically Kohli>>Smith in ODIs but the latter isn't a Laxman type ODI player. Avg 42, SR 86+ may not sound that impressive but when you see how clutch he was when it mattered the most you will gain more respect for him. As a cricket fan the lasting image for me will be Smith getting a sparkling 100 in a WC SF against group toppers and defending champs who had taken all 60 wickets in the group stages while the so called master chaser who had spent 4 months in Aus and was in great form heading into the WC played the worst innings in the history of WC, a 13 ball 1 :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: sucking out all the momentum given by our openers :((:((:((

Edited by Gollum

Kohli is the better limited overs player but Smith the better test batsman.

However the gap between Kohli and Smith the LOI batsman is larger than Kohli and Smith the test bat.

Yes Smith has played clutch knocks in WCS but that is not  enough to put him ahead  of Kohli,maybe just helps in lessening  the gap. 

Edited by maniac
1 minute ago, maniac said:

Kohli is the better limited overs player but Smith the better test batsman.

However the gap between Kohli and Smith the LOI batsman is larger than Kohli and Smith the test bat.

Yes Smith has played clutch knocks in WCS but that is not  eniugh to our him ahead not of Kohli,maybe just helps in lessen the gap. 

Who would you have in your ODI team, Amla or Smith?