Gollum

India bowling averages
Player Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10 Ct St
I Sharma 1* 2 30.0 1 97 6 5/51 6/97 16.16 3.23 30.0 1 0 0 0
R Ashwin 1* 2 47.0 11 121 7 4/62 7/121 17.28 2.57 40.2 0 0 1 0
UT Yadav 1* 2 24.0 3 76 3 2/20 3/76 25.33 3.16 48.0 0 0 0 0
Mohammed Shami 1* 2 31.4 4 102 3 3/64 3/102 34.00 3.22 63.3 0 0 0 0
HH Pandya 1* 1 10.0 1 46 0 - - - 4.60 - 0 0 0 0

Hope our batsmen apologize to these unsung heroes tonight. Once again gave an overseas match on a platter only for the spineless top 6 (bar Kohli) to mess it up. Also our culprits w.r.t dropped catches are members of top 6 :whack:

Edited by Gollum

The bowlers did good, but a lot of scope for improvement. No point bowling 1 wicket taking bowl and 3 freebies. Most of them bowled too short and way too many time down the leg. On this pitch and with the quality of England batting, they should not have gone pat 130 in the second inning. 

Our bowling in first inning was pathetic compared to what English bowlers bowled. 

Good effort, but still inferior to England. The first two sessions of the game, Ashwin & Shami kept the pressure all the time but the others didnt. When it was cloudy, both sides bowled with venom. England showed why they were the better bowling side since almost all of their bowlers kept the pressure on even when the sun was out. 

Good effort, but still inferior to England. The first two sessions of the game, Ashwin & Shami kept the pressure all the time but the others didnt. When it was cloudy, both sides bowled with venom. England showed why they were the better bowling side since almost all of their bowlers kept the pressure on even when the sun was out. 
In modern cricket batting first is a huge advantage .Also pitch was damp and slow when we bowled first it got quicker as days went on .

Those saying English bowlers bowled better must take into consideration the fact that we missed our best two bowlers for these conditions, Bumrah and Bhuvi. Both teams displayed horrible catching, we dropped 5 while they dropped 4. But you have to take into account that their bowlers can create more chances in their home conditions...similar to how our bowlers create so many chances in home tests that we sometimes don't even feel the pinch of drop catches. If catchers had supported our boys (by dropping 1-2, not 5 !!!!) I am sure we would have been set a target of around 150, and that is as good as we can expect from the bowlers. Last but not the least and I am not making excuses....their bowlers had better use of overhead conditions, got lucky with the cloudy humid weather which encourages swing bowling. Also the fact that they batted 1st meant we were always playing catch up, they even took the 1st innings lead but our bowlers fought back when most of us were mentally prepared to face a 250 runs target....if only Dhawan had not dropped 3 catches in a span of an hour and a half yesterday, this match was ours, such are the margins in overseas tests. We dropped zero catches in Jo'berg and our bowlers delivered a win defending the 4th innings target in spite of curator/umpire/ref interference.

I always took our batting for granted because we were such a strong batting unit in the past, we drew so many away games  during the 2000s, even when we lost any series it was by a low margin like 1-0 or 2-1, all the focus was on finding good bowlers to finally start winning consistently abroad but now that we have a good bowling attack our batting has fallen to a new low. I thought a good bowling attack was necessary in tests but now I realize a good batting side is even more important, bowlers win you matches but batsmen save you matches, without proper batsmen most draws and probable wins turn into losses.

Ashwin was the top scorer with almost 30% of the team's runs, Shami got more in his 3 balls than our top 3 combined :hysterical::hysterical: and remained unbeaten.

Now they have to do all the hard work tomorrow fighting an uphill battle with zero scorecard pressure and more dropped catches to contend with. After we lose the match on expected lines all the blame will be directed towards them while batsmen will party sharty :elefant:.

Sure, our batting sucks royally. But if u actually watched Anderson & Woakes bowl, u wouldn't bump this thread out of fairness. Their bowling managed like 14-15 wickets in a session and some. Let's see what our bowling can do. I'm generally an optimist and hope we can bundle them out  in 150-200.

The most potent force in world cricket right now, presenting before you the Indian bowling attack :hatsoff:

One of greatest joys is watching these guys pull off something spectacular and making stirring comebacks after looking listless for a while, have seen this happen so many times this year. Today again we saw something truly special. English openers had a blazing start, our catchers spilled many, so many edges fell short and in between the cordon, so many unplayable balls miraculously held off, Ashwin was out because of some niggle.....after having so many external factors stacked against them they came back and justified their status as top dogs. We are seeing something truly special here folks, as a unit they are already the GOAT in Asian conditions but this attacks is slowly heading towards comparison with ATG bowling attacks even outside the SC. Blessed are we to see them in all their glory :adore:, proud to be their fan :aha:.

Edited by Gollum

54/0 to 161 AO...all 10 wickets falling in 1 session. Tell me how many previous Indian teams were capable of such a feat? Stats show we are the best since 2015, we have seen them pull it off repeatedly before our eyes, how long are we going to stay in denial? Isn't it an occasion to celebrate that we are ICC world no 1 on the back of bowlers? Once upon a time our bowlers were a laughing stock, now they are a terror to all batsmen...scoring against them actually means a lot to the very best. Shed the negativity, inferiority complex and bask in their light ICFers. Garv se kaho Bharatiya gendbaaz awwal number par hain, itihaas  ke sarvashresht gendbaazon mein gine jaane ki kabiliyat rakhte hain. :isalute:They will continue to improve, wait and watch.

13 minutes ago, Gollum said:

54/0 to 161 AO...all 10 wickets falling in 1 session. Tell me how many previous Indian teams were capable of such a feat? Stats show we are the best since 2015, we have seen them pull it off repeatedly before our eyes, how long are we going to stay in denial? Isn't it an occasion to celebrate that we are ICC world no 1 on the back of bowlers? Once upon a time our bowlers were a laughing stock, now they are a terror to all batsmen...scoring against them actually means a lot to the very best. Shed the negativity, inferiority complex and bask in their light ICFers. Garv se kaho Bharatiya gendbaaz awwal number par hain, itihaas  ke sarvashresht gendbaazon mein gine jaane ki kabiliyat rakhte hain. :isalute:They will continue to improve, wait and watch.

And think of their image so far that when I mentioned them to be best in world, ICF experts reacted as if what an outrageous claim I have made. As if forget about being best they aren't even among top 4 and among worst. It wasn't even up for discussion without stats without which everyone laughed at the idea. Some even mentioned England and Pakistan as better attacks. 

1. Inferiority complex

2. Focus on batting only

3. Too much value for speed only (reason why Aus was rated better).

4. No regards for spinners.