'I’m trying to mature into a bowler like Bhuvneshwar who can deliver in all formats' - Khaleel

Nikola

44 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Oh the heartburn in this thread. :rotfl:  Khaleel should be punished severely for this sin of liking someone ICF hates. :agree: 

It is more about idolizing one's own type of bowler / player.

If Deepak Chahar says that he idolizes Bhuvi then it makes more sense to me than if he says he idolizes Bumrah ... because Chahar too is a medium-fast swing bowler.

Whereas Khaleel started off as a hit the deck quick bowler like Bumrah.

which is why I had advocated a "no trundler" policy .... as if trundlers pick up wkts due to conditions, many fast bowlers may start to think why are we bending our backs .... playing trundlers is a long term hazard if we have to built a fast bowling culture .... we take 1 step forward, then 2 steps back :hitler:

Edited by zen
1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Lovely thought. If only in his short career he had bowled a delivery over 145. 

Khaleel has bowled quite a few deliveries over 145k and his quickest has been 148k. Watch the below video at 0:18. Bowled quick in SMA trophy, IPL and Asia cup. People here who have followed his career since his played in U19 WC are pissed because he was always a hit the deck bowler relying on pace and bounce to get wickets. Now he is suddenly trying to become a swing bowler and trundling in and bowling around 130k's on these Australian pitches which have good bounce.

30 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Khaleel has bowled quite a few deliveries over 145k and his quickest has been 148k. Watch the below video at 0:18. Bowled quick in SMA trophy, IPL and Asia cup. People here who have followed his career since his played in U19 WC are pissed because he was always a hit the deck bowler relying on pace and bounce to get wickets. Now he is suddenly trying to become a swing bowler and trundling in and bowling around 130k's on these Australian pitches which have good bounce.

For every Bumrah we have had many Vrv singh, munaf patel, varun aaron. 

50 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

You have no clue. He was bowling 140-148k in domestic cricket. He bowled 145 even in Asia cup. Suddenly, since WI series he has decreased the pace.

What % ?

Problem with you all is you have this strange idea of how every young indian player should be a lee, gilchrist or sachin when our history tells us we usually produce kambli, madan lal and deepdas

Edited by jf1gp_1

You reta$d try to be the next Mitchell Johnson,Bruce Reid why try to immulate someone who is completely different to you, you r a left hander, tall, pacier in hit the deck Bhuvi is short, medium pace and a right hander who bowls to control and doesn't even get too much with or is successful.

At least try to immulate Bumrah, Mitchell J, this kid is being manipulated n being destroyed mentally.

He had serious pace, I mean as pacy as Umesh, great bounce n could seam the ball all he needed was to mature n now he is told to copy someone, that *erbArun need to talk to him if he is giving such interviews means he is being told this bull crap, we will be loosing a potentially fantastic talent, we need a good bowling coach ASAP, someone like Akhtar, Shane Bond, Ryano.

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

What % ?

Problem with you all is you have this strange idea of how every young indian player should be a lee, gilchrist or sachin when our history tells us we usually produce kambli, madan lal and deepdas

That’s one of the dumbest thing I have ever read. Obviously  every country produces only a handful of standout cricketers the rest are usually mediocre.

Even the preceding or succeeding eras of the great Aus and WI tons produced some of the worst cricketers ever seen, so why is it strange to hope that a young player will turn to be the next ATG?

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

That’s one of the dumbest thing I have ever read. Obviously  every country produces only a handful of standout cricketers the rest are usually mediocre.

Even the preceding or succeeding eras of the great Aus and WI tons produced some of the worst cricketers ever seen, so why is it strange to hope that a young player will turn to be the next ATG?

No dumb is to shout rahul is better than virat or pant is gilchrist or khaleel is akram