Take a bow Shami and Bumrah

vvvslaxman

I have had doubts about Shami's fitness. I never question his wicket  taking ability. They both toiled manfully in crucial phases of the game. When all the options were exhausted Kohli kept turning to them. They kept justifying the faith.  Accurate, penetrative bowling. Gilly handsomely paid complements to our attack. "This is a world class pace bowling attack".  IT certainly was today and yesterday.  These two were primarily responsible. Bending their back and extracting something out of the pitch. Pace + Accuracy you cannot beat this combination.  Salute Gentlemen.

Commendable performance by our 3 fast bowlers, led by Bumrah ... on a pitch that did not provide extra pace, bounce and seam movement and the conditions and ball did not aid swing much.

They bowled in good areas consistently  ... were quick in the air ...  hit the deck hard ... bowled surprise bouncers ... everything needed on a flat track.  So good to see.

Edited by express bowling
7 hours ago, putrevus said:

All three did well but they are not your typical bowlers who can run thru any side , they will have hiccups, Ashwin had to help them out here but he did not do good enough job.

Even Starc, hazlewod and Cummins could not run through our batting line. and likes of Bumrah and Shami on their day can ran through any team if they get the right conditions.  All bowlers requires conditions to run through a team.  The most important thing that happened in this test was these bowlers did not concede too many freebies like we used to do before.  There was not many half volleys, hardly any short and wide or on the pad stuff.  LIke Ishant his ER was around 2.  this is like a wicket in itself because opposition is not running away. Exam Aus first innings they were 57/2 at lunch time RR around 2.  Imagine if Aussie RR was around 3 or 3.5, the same score could have been 90-100/2.  This should be the mantra, dont give easy runs even if you are not taking wickets, don't try too much and become wayward.  in Australia, they just need to hit the right areas consistently.

Bumrah already has 2 fifer from only 7 tests.

That is running through sides.

34 wickets from only 7 tests at an average of 24.  
Shows wicket taking ability. 

Bumrah is still learning, yesterday he was rattled too. He has played on very helpful pitches and still tail has wagged even with him.

Hopefully he becomes that bowler who can cleanup tail as fast as they come, right now I cannot say he has that ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk