No outdoor sport for my daughters, feminists can say whatever they want to: Afridi

Pakistan legend Shahid Afridi’s autobiography has been in limelight ever since it is launch.

The maverick all rounder has been under fire for what he has written about former legends of the game including Javed Miandad.

Now it has come to fore that Afridi in his books says his four daughters will not be allowed to play sport outdoors.

In his just-released biography Game Changer, Afridi wrote that he’d made that ruling ‘for social and religious reasons’.

The veteran all-rounder, who holds the record for most sixes in ODI history, has four daughters – Aqsa, Ajwa, Asmara and Ansha.

“Aqsa is in the 10th grade, Ansha is in the ninth. They’re both great at sports and even better in academics,” Afridi wrote.

“Ajwa and Asmara are the youngest and love to play dress-up. They have my permission to play any sport, as long as they’re indoors. Cricket? No, not for my girls. They have permission to play all the indoor games they want, but my daughters are not going to be competing in public sporting activities.

“It’s for social and religious reasons that I’ve made this decision and their mother agrees with me. The feminists can say what they want; as a conservative Pakistani father, I’ve made my decision,” Afridi wrote.

Link -https://thekashmirwalla.com/2019/05/no-outdoor-sport-for-my-daughters-feminists-can-say-whatever-they-want-to-afridi/?fbclid=IwAR1oR_W_3FfiFcWR6UQVRQQ5LcKWSlDEbYd3TkHyrgHzYu8XnFD6tn8YIlU

Mana ki zyaada padhe likhe nhin ho, par duniya ghum ke bhi akal nhin aayi 

22 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

He doesn't live around the world.. He still lives in the closed minded Pakistan... not surprising

Generally when you travel around the world, you see the world in a different color, but not this guy. You would think some progress would be made, some of these Pakistani guys makes the Saudi prince look like a progressive fella...

33 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

Generally when you travel around the world, you see the world in a different color, but not this guy. You would think some progress would be made, some of these Pakistani guys makes the Saudi prince look like a progressive fella...

the social pressure and fear of being called out as non-believer supercedes what these guys learn when they travel.

I'm not saying that is right.. I'm only saying it's not surprising given that you don't expect anything better from them.

49 minutes ago, Texy said:

Thats Pakistan for you. strong Islamic influence

Something tells me this is more of a cultural influence rather than religious. I have lot of muslim friends/aquintances from IND/BD/SL/Egypt/Arab/Pak/pretty much all around the world. However, only ones with caveman mentality are usually from Pak and Arab countries that I encounter on a regular basis or are friends with/know them. 

In the field, our orders for India games were simple: go and destroy them, almost like a suicide bomber does (I know that doesn’t sound politically correct – at all – and nobody ever gave that direct order, so spare me and forgive me, but you know what I mean by that analogy!). Let nothing remain unresolved, untried or undecided. 

Gautam Gambhir has no personality or great records, just a lot of attitude: Shahid Afridi

WTF !!!