Was India's win tonight the greatest turnabout in World Cup history?

Was India's win tonight the greatest turnabout in world cup history?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Bolo

• Yeah
    • Hell yeah
    • Majid Khan
    • 1992 by the greatest leader of men, women and other genders humanity has seen

24 minutes ago, Gollum said:

My heartiest love and kisses to Team Blue for defeating 5 time world champs (and defending champs) Team Yellow. It gave vibrations of a Night Shyamalan twist in a Manmohan Desai classic. Magnificent to see saffron spirit on fire like we saw a few minutes back. From the depths of despair a new life was infused into Indian cricket. It looked like a mighty army of dead resurrected from the grave, like how old Big B  jumped out of hospital bed to fight 100 villains in Sooryavansham....only this time there were 11 Big Bs.

I myself citizen Gollum wrote India off after they were beaten at home by Australia-Z who back then were literally dead and buried, but then spectacularly revived themselves like Team Imhotep in Mummy. Imagine losing 3 games on a trot at home where prey became predator in a classic role reversal epic. To me today India simply rose like Dumbledore's Phoenix and Kohli was like a Norse commander leading his troops to glory, Dhoni was an Egyptian God and Dhawan the Greek hero...there covered the 3 main civilizations in Age of Mythology 2012 version:phew:

It once again proved that when Indian spirit blazes at its zenith only Majid's lantern burns brighter. It was like lion chasing deer, snake chasing rodent, shark hunting salmon, eagle in pursuit of hare, ED raiding Vadra, myself raiding my fridge on weekend night. Tiny little Hobbits pulled down Sauron of the cricket world. To me the best ever resurrection in cricket history. 

To summarize the match:

Rohit: artistry at its supreme height with rubber wrists maneuvering the field like how we maneuver Rajasthani Thali

Dhawan: poetry in motion like a pianist in complete control of the keys and inspiration coming from the gentle autumn breeze

Kohli: mathematician, physicist, poet, engineer, doctor, lawyer, trader, teacher, lover and MMA fighter rolled into one

Pandya: a perfect combination of Mozart's mind in Hulk's body

Dhoni: an aging boxer landing them hard blows like sledgehammer on a cute kitten, taking the fans back in time when he reigned supreme

Rahul: an atom bomb in a fish pond, a gymnast's mind in a panther's body on the field

Bumrah: a cannon with the precision of a neurosurgeon, a ballistic missile fired with the grace of a ballet dancer

Kuldeep: a painter using the pitch as a canvas to pay tribute to Da Vinci

Chahal: like a wizard indulging in the dark arts while hapless batsmen look in bewilderment

Bhuvi: unexpected thunderstorm mowing down the opponent camp blending the artistry of Picasso, genius of Kasparov and bravery of a Gurkha soldier

Jadhav: :confused: why the * was he there?

A great day for cricket, humanity, community, society and piety. It was tragic to see the once great hunters reduced to prey at home turf earlier this year. But now by felling the most powerful force in the cricket universe who knows even India may feel Majid Majid Majid a month later. 

:hatsoff:

10 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

innum konjam expect panren :) more words please. You have to use atleast 2000 words to explain this. ONly that will do justice to Thakor

Kai valikarthu, avanamaari essay type panra samartyam ennaku kadayadu, anyway there are still many more matches to go including June 16th....hope I can pay my tribute properly to the maestro in future. 

Edited by Gollum
8 hours ago, Gollum said:

My heartiest love and kisses to Team Blue for defeating 5 time world champs (and defending champs) Team Yellow. It gave vibrations of a Night Shyamalan twist in a Manmohan Desai classic. Magnificent to see saffron spirit on fire like we saw a few minutes back. From the depths of despair a new life was infused into Indian cricket. It looked like a mighty army of dead resurrected from the grave, like how old Big B  jumped out of hospital bed to fight 100 villains in Sooryavansham....only this time there were 11 Big Bs.

I myself citizen Gollum wrote India off after they were beaten at home by Australia-Z who back then were literally dead and buried, but then spectacularly revived themselves like Team Imhotep in Mummy. Imagine losing 3 games on a trot at home where prey became predator in a classic role reversal epic. To me today India simply rose like Dumbledore's Phoenix and Kohli was like a Norse commander leading his troops to glory, Dhoni was an Egyptian God and Dhawan the Greek hero...there covered the 3 main civilizations in Age of Mythology 2012 version:phew:

It once again proved that when Indian spirit blazes at its zenith only Majid's lantern burns brighter. It was like lion chasing deer, snake chasing rodent, shark hunting salmon, eagle in pursuit of hare, ED raiding Vadra, myself raiding my fridge on weekend night. Tiny little Hobbits pulled down Sauron of the cricket world. To me the best ever resurrection in cricket history. 

To summarize the match:

Rohit: artistry at its supreme height with rubber wrists maneuvering the field like how we maneuver Rajasthani Thali

Dhawan: poetry in motion like a pianist in complete control of the keys and inspiration coming from the gentle autumn breeze

Kohli: mathematician, physicist, poet, engineer, doctor, lawyer, trader, teacher, lover and MMA fighter rolled into one

Pandya: a perfect combination of Mozart's mind in Hulk's body

Dhoni: an aging boxer landing them hard blows like sledgehammer on a cute kitten, taking the fans back in time when he reigned supreme

Rahul: an atom bomb in a fish pond, a gymnast's mind in a panther's body on the field

Bumrah: a cannon with the precision of a neurosurgeon, a ballistic missile fired with the grace of a ballet dancer

Kuldeep: a painter using the pitch as a canvas to pay tribute to Da Vinci

Chahal: like a wizard indulging in the dark arts while hapless batsmen look in bewilderment

Bhuvi: unexpected thunderstorm mowing down the opponent camp blending the artistry of Picasso, genius of Kasparov and bravery of a Gurkha soldier

Jadhav: :confused: why the * was he there?

A great day for cricket, humanity, community, society and piety. It was tragic to see the once great hunters reduced to prey at home turf earlier this year. But now by felling the most powerful force in the cricket universe who knows even India may feel Majid Majid Majid a month later. 

It was a great day for the Universe as a whole. The inhabitants of Rigel V and Sirius III were, for instance, cheering us on like crazy. I'm sure you must have noticed Gollum-ji. In fact, your namesake was so happy that he stole the ball with which we won the match and substituted it for the One Ring calling it his new precious.

Edited by Vijy