Adios Pakistan

Decision to bowl first against India and Australia was the most important reason behind Pakistan's elimination. Getting walloped by West Indies and letting Afghanistan game get to the last over of the match didn't help either.

They have a decent batting core and will probably get better as a limited over side.

6 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

I had high hopes, naturally. Sadly, it was not to be. Yes I feel very sad/upset. But, I am proud of how you fought from being bottom of the pile to almost 4th. To beat favourites Eng & a unbeaten NZ was inspirational. The 92 vs 19 comparison was fun whilst it lasted..gave padosis a scare infact :D

Indian’s can diss all they want but fact is Ind cricket is far superior. Good luck to them in the semi’s & final!

As for Pak team, I am looking forward to the retirement of Malik & Hafeez..two very average cricketers that have had a free ride for the last 10yrs. I believe these two have been a massive obstacle.

We’ll be back stronger in 2023.

you can come back stronger in 2023 in principle, but I think your TM and selectors will still play malik, hafeez, akmal bros, and other useless oldies. you need to build the team around likes of shaheen, babar, haris, etc.

12 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

I had high hopes, naturally. Sadly, it was not to be. Yes I feel very sad/upset. But, I am proud of how you fought from being bottom of the pile to almost 4th. To beat favourites Eng & a unbeaten NZ was inspirational. The 92 vs 19 comparison was fun whilst it lasted..gave padosis a scare infact :D

Indian’s can diss all they want but fact is Ind cricket is far superior. Good luck to them in the semi’s & final!

As for Pak team, I am looking forward to the retirement of Malik & Hafeez..two very average cricketers that have had a free ride for the last 10yrs. I believe these two have been a massive obstacle.

We’ll be back stronger in 2023.

You will be back for multiple reasons. You have a good cricket culture and man at top is a practical person. Wish you guys the best. Lot of back and forth is nothing but fun and games.

For next two games can we count on your support and good wishes.

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

Adios Sarfraz and Azhar Mahmood.

Incompetent captain and useless bowling coach.

I back Babar for captaincy and would like to have Wasim as bowling coach.

Wasim comes off more as a mercenary and brown noser don’t see him taking job of bowling coach.

1 minute ago, retired_hurt said:

Imam hul haq would be better choice as a captain. Babar isn't captaincy material.

Imam is not a guaranteed starter in tests. Babar or Sohail are the only 3 format players that I currently see among the batsmen.

I think Pak played better than expectations, they had a 11/12 match losing streak and then that massacre against WI. The wins against Eng and NZ were high quality, good entertainment against Aus and Afg. In Babar they might have found their greatest ODI batsman since Inzi, maybe even Javed...I have been impressed by his growth, that 100 against NZ was a masterclass. Afridi is a good find, Amir has been brilliant, Haris made impact straight away.... but only 5-6 players pick themselves. Time for a mass clean up (including coaches, selectors etc), special focus should be on developing attacking spinners for WC 2023 in India. And FGS set right your awful fielding, no excuse for such pathetic catching/fielding in 2019. Even fitness standards looking abysmal, not a professional unit from neutral pov. 

Edited by Gollum