If Pakistan manage to win/draw series in Aus 2019, would it impact Kohli’s accomplishment?

Global.Baba

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Not sure what you are trying to say.

If you want to keep believing that Aus with Smith and Warner would have made no difference to the outcome of the series. On Warner's Ashes performance in England, look at Warner's record in Australia.

I said Australia 'won the Ashes', read that again.

But they didn't win the series neither they won ashes. They retained it. And yes, Smith and Warner would have put more resistence but we would have still won the way we had bowled. England bowling without Anderson was very insipid. Also, those Aussie pitches were not the usual pattaas where Warner used to make merry. He is an FTB. On those pitches, only Smith would have posed a challenge but we had Bumrah to take care of him. 

I dont like giving excuses. But really cant help pointing out that in England and SA, luck rubbed us the wrong way. I think Kohli had lost all the tosses, and that was something which was crucial in those matches. With a little reversal of role, the results would be different. 

And it wasnt as if we were clobbered by SA and Eng. A good part of the series, India were dominant in both those countries. 

Apart from luck, Kohli's team selection has always been marvelous. The less spoken about that, the better.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Australia did not win the 2019 Ashes after the return of Smith and Warner ( as is being said in this thread.)   The series was a 2 - 2 draw.

Australia retained the Ashes due to the drawn series.

But both the tests that were won were because of Smith. He was the MOTM.

No ,any decent team can luck out a win in a 2 test series ,seen plenty of teams do that.

Nzl drew 1-1 in aus 2011,srl won 1-0 in England 2014, Bangladesh 1-1 against aus and eng , doing it in a 4 test series a different thing altogether and I believe the above mentioned teams lucking oit test wins would have lost the series eventually had it been close to 4 tests 

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

But they didn't win the series neither they won ashes. They retained it. And yes, Smith and Warner would have put more resistence but we would have still won the way we had bowled. England bowling without Anderson was very insipid. Also, those Aussie pitches were not the usual pattaas where Warner used to make merry. He is an FTB. On those pitches, only Smith would have posed a challenge but we had Bumrah to take care of him. 

You and others are speaking as if the ashes 2019 was a 50-50 battle and England was just as competent as Australia in the series (like the final score line indicates). But that is clearly not the case. Except for the miraculous 10th wicket partnership and heroics of Ben Stokes, the series would have been one sided as such. 

The drawn test match was also very much in Australi's favor and it happened that due to rain there was not enough time to complete the test match. 

England won the last dead rubber match and somehow drawn the series. 

Australia dominated the series through and through and England somehow just managed to draw it and made the final scoreline look 2-2. 
(and Anderson has been nursing injuries for a long while now and he is no longer the same with his advanced age.)

5 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I dont like giving excuses. But really cant help pointing out that in England and SA, luck rubbed us the wrong way. I think Kohli had lost all the tosses, and that was something which was crucial in those matches. With a little reversal of role, the results would be different. 

And it wasnt as if we were clobbered by SA and Eng. A good part of the series, India were dominant in both those countries. 

Apart from luck, Kohli's team selection has always been marvelous. The less spoken about that, the better.

I couldn't believe he kept calling heads all the time. :wall:

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Whatever keeps your happy. Tu khush reh bhai

5 hours ago, adi B said:

Pak can actually luck out a win here having batted first ,all they need is bucket load of duas ,Aussies getting too complacent and some A grade chucking by the phaadsst boilers 

Beta Remind me when your malnourished bumrah and co draw or win a series in england. You can rightly be cocky Seeing your medium pacers trundlers treated like b****** since birth its obvious few good series for your fast bowlers will give you orgasm.

Enjoy while it last then Back to Pankaj Singhs

32 minutes ago, Shaukat said:

Beta Remind me when your malnourished bumrah and co draw or win a series in england. You can rightly be cocky Seeing your medium pacers trundlers treated like b****** since birth its obvious few good series for your fast bowlers will give you orgasm.

Its always the morbidly obese fat ones who can't see their twigs and berries without mirrors, who take unhealthy amount of "manly" pride from their sports team's phaaast throwing.  

30 minutes ago, Shaukat said:

Yeah because winning a series in England is the ultimate accomplishment in cricket. Try and hold on to a test number 1 ranking for more than a few months at a stretch before mouthing off. Even the great Imran with his bottle caps couldn't achieve that :)

1 hour ago, Shaukat said:

Love the frustrating cries of padosis lol Still recovering from loss to SL at "HOME"?  :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

2 hours ago, Shaukat said:

Just curious grandpa, Since your birth when was the last time you saw Pak even draw a test vs Australia with all your phaaaasht bowlers?

2 hours ago, Shaukat said:

LMAO, England is one places where trundlers win the matches. There is a reason Amir only succeeds there. Heck India won a test series in Englad with bowlers like RP Singh and Zaheer

True places for fast bowling, like Australia, South Africa, where bowlers need pace and bounce, Indian bowlers have always outperformed your overhyped bowlers. 

3 hours ago, Shaukat said:

la haul willa kuvat kabees ki @ulad kiski bat kar raha hai tum,abhi tum bartan saf karo phasst bowling ki mat karo,bahut kam karna hai abhi tume mera ghulam

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

Its always the morbidly obese fat ones who can't see their twigs and berries without mirrors, who take unhealthy amount of "manly" pride from their sports team's phaaast throwing.  

All those years You held on to one fat midget for your "manly" pride who dont even feel like man himself. Anyone but you lol 

Edited by Shaukat