India didn't bow to American threat

Stradlater

4 hours ago, Stradlater said:

https://theprint.in/opinion/the-factivist/aap-chronology-samajhiye-did-modi-buckle-under-trump-pressure-hcq-export-covid19/397404/?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Read this article by The Print, a publication known for its anti Modi stance . India had already decided to lift up the ban on the export of drugs before the controversial presser. 

My mother is rheumatoid arthritis patient and has been prescribed HCQ . unfortunately it is not available on any chemist or even online pharmacies. How can GOI decide to export the drug when it is not available to public?

15 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

My mother is rheumatoid arthritis patient and has been prescribed HCQ . unfortunately it is not available on any chemist or even online pharmacies. How can GOI decide to export the drug when it is not available to public?

It is supply chain issue in lockdown, it is not available because it is bein exported. 

https://m.timesofindia.com/business/india-business/enough-capacity-in-country-to-meet-hydroxychloroquine-demand-industry/amp_articleshow/75029934.cms?__twitter_impression=true

export is from extra production this month.

12 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

It is supply chain issue in lockdown, it is not available because it is bein exported. 

https://m.timesofindia.com/business/india-business/enough-capacity-in-country-to-meet-hydroxychloroquine-demand-industry/amp_articleshow/75029934.cms?__twitter_impression=true

And people are hoarding.  Even doctors in India are doing so for themselves and their families.  

10 minutes ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

And people are hoarding.  Even doctors in India are doing so for themselves and their families.  

I don’t know why people are hoarding. Is it a proven drug or are they listening to this sound medical advice? This is how salesmen of timeshares sell in USA. “What do you have to lose?”  How about a life?

Sorry to quote a brazen LeLi, but I couldn’t find a better clip of Trump’s med expertise. I don’t know who’s advising Trump to venture into this arena

Edited by coffee_rules

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I don’t know who’s advising Trump to venture into this arena

He's a snake-oil salesman - he wants to associate himself with solutions, or any sign of hope - proven or unproven. He'll move on to the next thing, and the next one after that.  But the sleazebag in him recognizes that people right now are desperate for something positive to cling to.  That's why the over-emphasis on this, so what if the science isn't proven, or the serious risk that he could cause problems by endorsing this so publicly.  That's not his problem, he only cares about his personal branding.  Rest is irrelevant to him.

41 minutes ago, sandeep said:

He's a snake-oil salesman - he wants to associate himself with solutions, or any sign of hope - proven or unproven. He'll move on to the next thing, and the next one after that.  But the sleazebag in him recognizes that people right now are desperate for something positive to cling to.  That's why the over-emphasis on this, so what if the science isn't proven, or the serious risk that he could cause problems by endorsing this so publicly.  That's not his problem, he only cares about his personal branding.  Rest is irrelevant to him.

.... or that people who really need it for lupus and other auto-immune conditions are losing access due to hoarding. 

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

some advice on twitter

2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

God, even ICF isn't safe from the rumor-whores.

Those drugs are easily available if you have a prescription. Even hospitals keep them in reserve.

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

You must read the victory songs written by 'muricans in youtube videos where Trump talks about HCQ. 

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Sandeep Uncle you were the one going on and on about hoarding HCQ a fortnight ago remember. I even bought it on your advice. 

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

some advice on twitter

I have ordered it twice and with prescription it's not available. Pharm easy first accepted the order but later rejected it

----------

Hi Kanwardeep, we will not be able to fulfill your order M17973884 as your requested items are not in stock. Sorry for the inconvenience.

---------

The above is the sms.

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Lots of medicine come into my home hardly anyone is unavailable only HCQ and that with online and local chemists.