Dhoni: when will the torture end???

maniac

A Dhoni Culture on display 

I am big fan of Dhoni and I am not against him at all. I really want him to be successful for Indian’s chance of WC2019. But it doesn’t mean that I can’t criticize him for his tactics. His influence on Kohli is taking tall on team now. He is becoming a white elephant nobody wants to discussion like Sachin Tendulkar. There are several threads on criticizing Dhoni but I am worried about physiological aspect of Dhoni’s present in the team and dressing room.

(1)    Dhoni is too big to fit current team culture. These guys are coming from T20 Leagues and they are fearless. It comes with another issue of bottling up and not thinking right in some situation, but they learn from the defeats. Because of Dhoni, the guys like Pant, Agrawal never given enough chances to evolve in Indian team. It is understandable that they will fail, but failure is part of learning process. He occupy a space which doesn’t belong to him.

(2)    Another thing dhoni brings is unnecessary defensive mind set. We all know about his defensive mind set, taking the game to last over acts. But you can’t hide fattu mind side with tag of defensiveness. This defensiveness gave India entire generation of Rayudu, Jadhav, Vijay and DK (arguably).

(3)    The hero worshiping of Chennai Fans are also not a good example. People hide his failure with miserable excuses like He told Shami to bowl Yorkers acts. I have heard bunch of loads of thing like this before also. Once a person learn that a mediocrity is appreciated than he won’t give his 100%. He will thrive on mediocrity.

Above three are toxic combination to strangled the team india’s middle order and subsequently india’s chances of winning wc 2019. It is just his present have so much negative physiological disadvantage in team.

I really wish Dhoni fires in remaining match with 150 strike rate. I would do anything to see the sight of Dhoni hitting sixes at No 4/5.

Love to dhoni from Indian Cricket fan.

Edited by Nash
removed a line.
A Dhoni Culture on display 

I am big fan of Dhoni and I am not against him at all. I really want him to be successful for Indian’s chance of WC2019. But it doesn’t mean that I can’t criticize him for his tactics. His influence on Kohli is taking tall on team now. He is becoming a white elephant nobody wants to discussion like Sachin Tendulkar. There are several threads on criticizing Dhoni but I am worried about physiological aspect of Dhoni’s present in the team and dressing room.
(1)    Dhoni is too big to fit current team culture. These guys are coming from T20 Leagues and they are fearless. It comes with another issue of bottling up and not thinking right in some situation, but they learn from the defeats. Because of Dhoni, the guys like Pant, Agrawal never given enough chances to evolve in Indian team. It is understandable that they will fail, but failure is part of learning process. He occupy a space which doesn’t belong to him.
(2)    Another thing dhoni brings is unnecessary defensive mind set. We all know about his defensive mind set, taking the game to last over acts. But you can’t hide fattu mind side with tag of defensiveness. This defensiveness gave India entire generation of Rayudu, Jadhav, Vijay and DK (arguably).
(3)    The hero worshiping of Chennai Fans are also not a good example. People hide his failure with miserable excuses like He told Shami to bowl Yorkers acts. I have heard bunch of loads of thing like this before also. Once a person learn that a mediocrity is appreciated than he won’t give his 100%. He will thrive on mediocrity.

Above three are toxic combination to strangled the team india’s middle order and subsequently india’s chances of winning wc 2019. It is just his present have so much negative physiological disadvantage in team.

I really wish Dhoni fires in remaining match with 150 strike rate. I would do anything to see the sight of Dhoni hitting sixes at No 4/5.
Love to dhoni from Indian Cricket fan.
Nice post.Dhoni has turned out to be exactly what I despised in SRT.This overbearing need to hold on to your position when you are well past it.

This man should retire and he shouldn't be given a farewell match.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Nice post.Dhoni has turned out to be exactly what I despised in SRT.This overbearing need to hold on to your position when you are well past it.

You are expecting far too much.

Using my part time sorcery skills, I gazed the monsoon night sky and caught a glimpse of the 2088 World Cup team

1. Not yet born

2. Not yet born

3. Not yet born

4. MS Dhoni (wk) (c)

5. Not yet born

6. Not yet born

7. Not yet born

8. Not yet born

9. Not yet born

10. Not yet born

11. Not yet born.

I'm sorry to break this to you, but I doubt you'd be around when Dhoni retires. Neither would I.

4 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

SRT's selfish 100 in ODI against bangla which ended up us losing was tragic for me. Sachin was done  at that time , sort of out dated. But he is sachin, he reinvented himself and was playing above average by standard , good enough to survive. 

Only good possible scenario here for us , india and dhoni is that he performs extra ordinary, india lift the cup and than RETIRE. if any of above three is not happening than I would blame Dhoni for debacle of 2019 WC.

I hope we win the wc.

8 hours ago, maniac said:

Bump. Affecting the entire middle order :wall: 

affecting the sleep of millions, more like. and increasing their blood pressure. Dhoni should ask for sponsorship from a pharma giant who manufacture hypertension medication.