Ashish Nehra to play his last international match on November 1 at Feroz Shah Kotla: Reports

55 minutes ago, maniac said:

So Gavaskar retires after WC,

Kapil,Zak,Sehwag are kind of dropped and then reflect on their career and retire, 

Kumble,Ganguly,Dravid,Laxman decide to retire on their own

SRT and the one and only Nehraji are the 2 legends who get a planned farewell sendoff :hail:

Where does Old Man Dhoni fit into this equation?

Can't see the gutless selectors ever dropping him despite however many games he fails to take to the last over.

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Thank you nehraji, Good bye and best of luck in the future, although I never liked you, you defending 9 runs against mohin khan vs Pakistan in 2004 Samsung series was my favorite memory of you!!

What's there to dislike about this guy? For all his limitations, don't think anyone can complain about him not giving his 100%.

nehra performed well in 75 percent of matches when he played ....so he cannot be compared to say Kapil dev, zahir khan even DHONI as even today he is being picked on HIS SKIILLS..even today he is better than BUMRAH or BHUVI for 4 overs in T20..yes his fielding is pathetic but he can be asked to bowl all his 4 overs in the first spell and take 2 wickets for 16 runs..

he will pay in the third t20 and he will beat bhuvi or bumrah who ever plays or even both if they play..nehra has always surprised me with his skills and even pace that his old muscles can generate. 

bhuvi bumrah are rare bowlers but umesh and shammi are genuine fast bowlers like NEHRA..Nehra is ultra skilled now and i wanted to see him play all three t 20's as I find himself an artist fast bowler ..he should be later considered for coaching along with ZAK as i believe zak srinath nehra are the fast bowlers who genuinely were good when they played for india ..bharat arun seems to be getting along well with shastri but i am not sure how good he is though i have to admit he has produced results.

22 hours ago, Vilander said:

Nice try for getting a game Nehraji.

i will not be surprised if nehra decides to get four wickets against new zealand in his four overs  and become the man of the match in that game.

i will bet that he will bowl well in that Match.

things that go very well for him-

he was a left arm fast bowler capable to bowl 144k even in his last t20 match- very rare capability as MUNAF patel bowled at 144k only in the first test match he was Picked and venkatest prasad never touched 137k too...he would have played much more than many pace bowlers , had he managed his fitness better.

he always knew how to get that little swing , swing at 137 to 144k pace and that also left arm is too hot to handle even for the best batsman and all teams know this and thats why they respect him and play him with respect even now.

he used his head quite a bit and i feel only ZAK used his brains more than Nehra and yep one trundler who succeeded in indian cricket called Manoj Prabhakar..he also used his brains quite a bit.

his negatives

Never knew how to Bat and did not bother to learn batting ever.

fileding was terrible.

On 10/11/2017 at 12:48 PM, maniac said:

So Gavaskar retires after WC,

Kapil,Zak,Sehwag are kind of dropped and then reflect on their career and retire, 

Kumble,Ganguly,Dravid,Laxman decide to retire on their own

SRT and the one and only Nehraji are the 2 legends who get a planned farewell sendoff :hail:

Gavaskar retired in style. Played one the best test knocks of his test career and then announced he was going to retire after the WC '87. Had a pretty decent WC as well. 

Unlike another legend who could have retired in style after the WC win, but dragged himself and the cricketing world for another 2+ years ruining his legacy in the process!! :facepalm:

9 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i will not be surprised if nehra decides to get four wickets against new zealand in his four overs  and become the man of the match in that game.

i will bet that he will bowl well in that Match.

things that go very well for him-

he was a left arm fast bowler capable to bowl 144k even in his last t20 match- very rare capability as MUNAF patel bowled at 144k only in the first test match he was Picked and venkatest prasad never touched 137k too...he would have played much more than many pace bowlers , had he managed his fitness better.

he always knew how to get that little swing , swing at 137 to 144k pace and that also left arm is too hot to handle even for the best batsman and all teams know this and thats why they respect him and play him with respect even now.

he used his head quite a bit and i feel only ZAK used his brains more than Nehra and yep one trundler who succeeded in indian cricket called Manoj Prabhakar..he also used his brains quite a bit.

his negatives

Never knew how to Bat and did not bother to learn batting ever.

fileding was terrible.

And the teeth....who can forget his teeth it's there everywhere before him....;)..his Eng wc 2003 game was one for ages..

18 hours ago, dandaroy said:

Gavaskar retired in style. Played one the best test knocks of his test career and then announced he was going to retire after the WC '87. Had a pretty decent WC as well. 

Unlike another legend who could have retired in style after the WC win, but dragged himself and the cricketing world for another 2+ years ruining his legacy in the process!! :facepalm:

That so called another legend never cared about the team.. Its all about himself