Sending Shankar over DK

Even without hindsight,  it was a stupid decision, coming from a brain dead coach , I  suppose.  Nobody takes such chances, when you are in the final struggling to meet the asking rate of 8plus. DK was promoted when setting a target over even MP in previous BD game, so it doesn't make sense at all. Now, Rohit is all sugarcoating over it saying KKD was saved for last over. This Dhoni way of saving the energy for last over is not a good strategy in LOI cricket. You have to hit the iron when it is hot before the snake rears its head and starts dancing like a nagin.

15 hours ago, asterix said:

That’s Rohit’s way to show what a bunch of CSKites he’s been given in the team...most of the players were Dhoni sifarashi players or CSKiites..

Don’t blame Rohit. I’ve been saying all along that it’s difficult to lead a team full of CSK losers...

Still as a Champion Captain who’s used to win tournaments delivered...

Umm...How many CSK players in the 11...Raina and Thakur..well that's a lot ain't it:giggle:

I was actually for it, because of so much ICF hype over this fellow, don't remember having seen him bat before. Was thinking he'd make his mark in a relatively big game, and would help his confidence. What I saw was sad. If he adds more pace, and swing, and variations, and then can show that he can at least do half of what Karthik did, he may add value. Will see in IPL.

My only issue with this move is his lame reasons Rohit Sharma came up with, in the post-match conference. Clearly, Karthik was not happy with this move. Rohit said in the post-match interview. Rohit said "I thought Fiz would bowl 18th and 20th over. Karthik would be the best to handle his variations". Here is a food for thought. What if Karthik never had a chance to bat at all.  12 balls 34 runs needed. If it were 11 balls 34 runs needed India might not have even won the match. It was that tight. Hope better sense prevails in the next match. 

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Even without hindsight,  it was a stupid decision, coming from a brain dead coach , I  suppose.  Nobody takes such chances, when you are in the final struggling to meet the asking rate of 8plus. DK was promoted when setting a target over even MP in previous BD game, so it doesn't make sense at all. Now, Rohit is all sugarcoating over it saying KKD was saved for last over. This Dhoni way of saving the energy for last over is not a good strategy in LOI cricket. You have to hit the iron when it is hot before the snake rears its head and starts dancing like a nagin.

Even if we take Rohit's words that he wanted DK  to paly 18th & 20th over of Fizz, he would have done that had he come in Shankar's place . Also he would have got really set by then  for final overs. 

Its Pure bullshit excuse after committing hara kiri . 

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Gave a new player an opportunity. Icf cried for so long give new players chances . Better batting slots 

gives one a go who icf said was new sobers and now icf slams it 

dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t 

18 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Gave a new player an opportunity. Icf cried for so long give new players chances . Better batting slots 

gives one a go who icf said was new sobers and now icf slams it 

dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t 

If Rohit sharma had admitted that he wanted to test Vijay shankar based on what they saw in the nets  nobody would have questioned lol. But saying he was saving DK for last 2 overs was downright silly.

41 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

If Rohit sharma had admitted that he wanted to test Vijay shankar based on what they saw in the nets  nobody would have questioned lol. But saying he was saving DK for last 2 overs was downright silly.

Well a few months back icf was desperate for Rohit to be new white ball

skipper based on Mumbai Indians . Icf done another u turn :phehe:

23 hours ago, asterix said:

That’s Rohit’s way to show what a bunch of CSKites he’s been given in the team...most of the players were Dhoni sifarashi players or CSKiites..

Don’t blame Rohit. I’ve been saying all along that it’s difficult to lead a team full of CSK losers...

Still as a Champion Captain who’s used to win tournaments delivered...

Wtf is that rant ? You want to bring csk in this moment ? Stupid ghati hatred. Goodbipl is around the corner for this itch.