Remove beef from India’s food menu: BCCI to Cricket Australia

4 hours ago, nikred said:

I remember reading an article in late 90s where the aussie players expressed their displeasure about the food served in India and had similar guidelines for more westernized food. Warne talked about getting his own tinned baked beans as he doesn't like the food in India.

Funny that I don't hear such complaints now. Things have changed so much in all these years.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Shane Warne responds to the baked beans thing in India. And also take on food on foreign tours.

https://www.cricket.com.au/video/shane-warne-michael-clarke-baked-beans-pizza-peter-siddle-bananas-channel-nine/2014-12-30

On 11/1/2018 at 11:57 PM, Lannister said:

There should be no personal choice when it comes to violence towards animals. Do they even use non-violent approach when killing cows. I recently read in one of the local newspapers, that some sick people used acid while killing the poor animal. 

These culprits should be beaten to death by mob. 

If that is the accepted norm, we should ban the entire non-vegetarian food and not just stop at beef or pork. 
Making it selective (w.r.t. what is banned) and then talking about violence towards animals is hypocricy. 

10 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Huh? Why should BCCI or the players spend their personal money? It is the job of the host board to give the catering contract. When foreign teams tour in India they stay in 5 star hotels and all these hotels have pretty much everything these guys eat- be it steak,pasta,Ham etc etc

Why should Indian team expect anything different?

I mean if the players have to get out of stadium to get food and have to stand outside to eat it, I rather they bring a chef along. Imagine they go and the desired food wasn't there, they would still have to get out to get what they want to eat. Waste of time and energy and money.

Those who think food is not a problem probably do not travel much or do so within regions having similar culture .... I travel a bit and the choice of food does become important after a certain point for Ind origin vegetarians 

Usually buffet breakfast is ok .... Dinner can be at the hotel / restaurant where you are likely to get decent choices .... it is lunch on the ground that is probably the issue here :dontknow:

18 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

These goras used to make fun of getting diarrhea and stomach problems eating Indian food  on tours.

If you have tried paleo or cyclical paleo..you would agree that when trying out Indian food on cheat days you will get a few more visits to the loo naturally. Guess its the nature of the food, the players were dumb people so made it look like they all got diarrhoea some might have actually got affected for others its just more trips to the loo.

On 11/2/2018 at 6:51 AM, Lannister said:

No, they should do it to you instead for sympathizing with people who involve in animal-cruelty. And extra beat downs for hailing from a land of Srinivasan. Lol

There is no room for mob justice in a constitutional democracy. You wil look like the Taliban mob of pakistan which is rightly condemned all the time. Very troubling comments.

On 11/2/2018 at 5:21 PM, Lannister said:

No, they should do it to you instead for sympathizing with people who involve in animal-cruelty. And extra beat downs for hailing from a land of Srinivasan. Lol

Multiple studies have shown plants reacting to pain, etc. In fact our own Jagadish chandra bose won multiple awards for proving this

Dude why do you want people to kill and torture more plants? What did plants ever do to you? You plant torturing monster 

But seriously, people like you need to stop policing what others do. Live as you want and let others love as they want 

Edited by New guy
23 minutes ago, New guy said:

Multiple studies have shown plants reacting to pain, etc. In fact our own Jagadish chandra bose won multiple awards for proving this

Dude why do you want people to kill and torture more plants? What did plants ever do to you? You plant torturing monster 

But seriously, people like you need to stop policing what others do. Live as you want and let others love as they want 

Nope, Jagdish Chandra Bose proved plants react, not that plants respond.. There's a big difference - reaction is a chemical process (like photosynthesis when the sun is up or shedding leaves during the appropriate seasons) while a response involves a brain and central nervous system... Hence plants don't feel pain as there are no pain receptors... Read up about it 

That said, it is pathetic to moral police what cricketers eat.. These hypocrites are jobless and need to back off.

Edited by bowl_out
7 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Nope, Jagdish Chandra Bose proved plants react not that plants respond.. There's a big difference - reaction is a chemical process (like photosynthesis when the sun is up) while a response involve a brain and central nervous system... Hence plants don't feel pain as there are no pain receptors... Read up about it 

That said, it is pathetic to moral police what cricketers eat.. These hypocrites are jobless and need to back off.

Nah, he proved the opposite, earlier it was considered all plant reactions were chemicals reactions. That plants react to stimuli was known for centuries before Bose. Any gardner can tell you that

Bose specifically proved that plants undergo electrical reactions, very similar to what happens in our nervous system. They don't have a central nervous system but their response are very much electrical in nature and very similar to how animals react to pain and other stimuli

[Quote]His major contribution in the field of biophysics was the demonstration of the electrical nature of the conduction of various stimuli (e.g., wounds, chemical agents) in plants, which were earlier thought to be of a chemical nature. [/Quote]

Edited by New guy
10 minutes ago, New guy said:

Nah, he proved the opposite, earlier it was considered all plant reactions were chemicals reactions. That plants react to stimuli was known for centuries before Bose. Any gardner can tell you that

Bose specifically proved that plants undergo electrical reactions, very similar to what happens in our nervous system. They don't have a central nervous system but their response are very much electrical in nature and very similar to how animals react to pain and other stimuli

[Quote]His major contribution in the field of biophysics was the demonstration of the electrical nature of the conduction of various stimuli (e.g., wounds, chemical agents) in plants, which were earlier thought to be of a chemical nature. [/Quote]

That still doesn't prove that they feel pain given that there is no central nervous system or pain receptors. 

21 minutes ago, New guy said:

You may as well start cannibalism if that's your justification. Historically, the pandemics have occurred due to the unsanitary food habits of non-vegans. 

I don't mind if people want to eat meat or beef, but there should be a line drawn somewhere over there. As for as the animal cruelty, I still stand with my original pov. 

1 minute ago, bowl_out said:

That still doesn't prove that they feel pain given that there is no central nervous system or pain receptors. 

That was not your argument though, you claimed it was chemical. Electrical stimuli is how most animals feel any sensation. So it conclusively proves there is sensation. Now what kind of sensation it is or how much they feel discomfort is just arguing on semantics.

In fact the electrical stimuli in many plants have been shown to be more than many insects with non centralized nervous systems, yet all of the later have been considered to feel pain 

2 minutes ago, Lannister said:

You may as well start cannibalism if that's your justification. Historically, the pandemics have occurred due to the unsanitary food habits of non-vegans. 

I don't mind if people want to eat meat or beef, but there should be a line drawn somewhere over there. As for as the animal cruelty, I still stand with my original pov. 

There are many diseases from plants like norovirus, which kills 100s every year. Yes we have drawn lines, you are the one trying to police other people's eating habits