NZ will thrash us in ODI series next month

3 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Okay so this is the last test and we dont play any until world cup. Now the focus shifts on white ball cricket and there is a lot to fix as far as Indian cricket team is concerned. We will be playing 3 ODIs against Aussies starting next week and should do fine.

But the real test will be against Kiwis next month. They are a top ODI side at home and the way they are manhandling SL now, there is plenty for India to worry. But it will be also good in a way that undeserving players will be found out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As long as we have Dhoni, Rayudu and whichever other hack stinking up our middle order, we won't do anything. Ideally, we need:

1) Dhawan

2) Rohit

3) Kohli

4) Shaw

5)Pant

6)Jadhav

7)Pandya

8)Jadeja

9)Bhuvi

10)Shami

11)Bumrah

Something like that. But we are guaranteed to have Dhoni with his 20(40)

If Sri Lanka can give the kiwis a run for their money, then I don't think they are exceptional. India should be able to beat them. Remember they don't have good bowlers for ODIs. Southee and to some extent even Boult can go for a lot on flat decks. Spinners are ok. They will need to get all 3 of India's top3 fairly quickly to win. Munro is the main concern for India. 

1 hour ago, Dil Dil India said:

As long as we have Dhoni, Rayudu and whichever other hack stinking up our middle order, we won't do anything. Ideally, we need:

1) Dhawan

2) Rohit

3) Kohli

4) Shaw

5)Pant

6)Jadhav

7)Pandya

8)Jadeja

9)Bhuvi

10)Shami

11)Bumrah

Something like that. But we are guaranteed to have Dhoni with his 20(40)

Why is the best ODI bowler is missing?

Bumrah, Kuldeep, Pandya will make a huge difference to this team. Batting is taken care of by Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli. To be fair to Rayudu, he made the most of the chances given to him while others didnt deliver. Pant should have been there in place of Dhoni.

I reckon its a decent team overall.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Kuldeep should play everything. He isn't a fast bowler or playing a lot to be rested.

For him its not about rest but more about exposure.  And about building bench strength with spin.  Ideally I would have loved to have Krunal Pandya already play 5-7 ODIs, so that we can evaluate another alternative to Kedar Jadhav.  No reason why a washington sundar can't play instead of Kuldeep right?