Yet another feather in the cap of Coach Shastri

G_B_

1 minute ago, Pollack said:

Ravi Shastri deserves credit too if he faces the most harsh abuses when India lose.

Ravi owning all the haters on the forum. :rock:

I was being sarcastic when I wrote.

For me captaincy, coaching  all this bs is overrated.

It makes a difference to an extent but I don’t  want to give much credit to Kohli and or any captain for that matter and neither would curse them when India lose because half the time

you win or lose because of f the team you have. Yes sometiems you chose better players which makes a good team a bad team and vice-versa has but most of the time your captaincy is as good as your team’s performance.

Leadership plays 10% role in captaincy which is important but overall an average sports fan I feel gives too much credit to a captain and coach and at the same time give them too much stick too.

i like Kohli as captain but he did not win us overseas alone, the team performed well, guys like Pujara, Bumrah did well. He lead well(that 10% rule which I talked above) in intriducing Bumrah to Indian test side recently, but overal, captaincy is very much just an overrated post.

We waste too much time praising and criticizing captains and coaches. 

Just now, Cricketics said:

It makes a difference to an extent but I don’t  want to give much credit to Kohli and or any captain for that matter and neither would curse them when India lose because half the time

you win or lose because of f the team you have. Yes sometiems you chose better players which makes a good team a bad team and vice-versa has but most of the time your captaincy is as good as your team’s performance.

Leadership plays 10% role in captaincy which is important but overall an average sports fan I feel gives too much credit to a captain and coach and at the same time give them too much stick too.

i like Kohli as captain but he did not win us overseas alone, the team performed well, guys like Pujara, Bumrah did well. He lead well(that 10% rule which I talked above) in intriducing Bumrah to Indian test side recently, but overal, captaincy is very much just an overrated post.

Indian coach to be specific is not that much important. However Captain has a huge huge influence on results. So criticizing or praising captain for loss or win isn't a waste of time 

Indian Player: sir, what is "winning mentality"?

Guru: "When you fire a blank from there, by the time it crosses into Southern hemisphere,  it is blown away with the wind like a tracer bullet. Okay? But lead... Lead... With something in it...  Can be pretty serious." 

Indian Player gets so motivated by the sheer magnitude of man-management that he bowls at 190 mph, takes a flight home to Northern hemisphere, shuts up all the armchair critics at ICF, crosses over to Southern hemisphere, back to the ground and collects the ball before it even reaches the keeper.

All hail The Shashtri.

Valar drunkaisis

(All men must get drunk)

House of Tracer Bullets.

31 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Agreed with Kohli  unfairly  getting a lot of stick  due to losing matches. This is because he already is  heavy loaded both physically and mentally  due to  being the captain  and has to put  it in  practice on the field. But coach????? He doesn't have literally 1/4rth of the burden that a captain have... that is where Shastri's criticism is fairly deserving. For instance we had to resort to tried and tested failures both in ENG & SAF , especially for  the  opening slot. If Shastri was competent enough, Mayank would have been playing straight away  even before  the SAF tour.Also we would have been playing far more practice matches before tests especially in SENA.

That is where Shastri gets all the criticisms and rightly so. 

12 hours ago, Clarke said:

I really like how well Shastri has focused on the middle order batting strength. I feel confident now that we won't be bowled out in 50 overs, run rate be damned. 

Blame captain for it as well and obviously as long as Dhoni dadu is present CSK pick Rayudu will get maximum chances. Neither Kohli nor Shastri could do anything about it. One can only hope he fails for a better middle order. Apart from him kedar and DK are not bad choices for the time being with WC so close.

35 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Blame captain for it as well and obviously as long as Dhoni dadu is present CSK pick Rayudu will get maximum chances. Neither Kohli nor Shastri could do anything about it. One can only hope he fails for a better middle order. Apart from him kedar and DK are not bad choices for the time being with WC so close.

Of course, Kohli doesn't go scot free in my book. Among all parties, selectors are the worst of the lot. 

4 hours ago, Pollack said:

thank you, been shouting about this for months.  If anything shows Kohli is an amazing captain to achieve these results whilst keeping CSK lobby happy. 

It is ruthlessness and hunger to win every match which is so refreshing from this team. They have  made selection mistakes too .They have backed wrong horses like Rahul, Vijay and Dhawan in tests.Intent is not wrong, people were questioning about losses against England and SA in tests but those were very close matches.If they keep doing what they are doing now and batsmen show some spine this team can beat any team anywhere in world.

People keep talking about selection mistakes but they never talk about how they totally changed spin attack discarding no and no2 test spinners from odis and drafting Kulcha.How Bumrah was selected ahead of  more seniors.They backed Hardik to produce with both bat and ball  but he has not delivered the expected results in tests.

It is easy to say after the fact Mayank should have been selected or xyz should be selected.

Discontent and disgruntled icfer clearly means there is new generation of players in various domestic league which are better than the ones representing India.

If just two changes/places, Chepu and Agarwal wins us test series, putting Shaw Gill Pant in the side may make it no contest.

Indian Cricket is at a juncture whrere, Indian domestic league will turn into NBA type equivalence. We will end up simply assembling 11 players to win a ICC trophy at will

After marrying a young beautiful girl, a ninety year old man proudly told his doctor that they were expecting a child.

"Let me tell you a story," said the doctor. "There was an absent minded fellow who went hunting one day, and instead of taking a gun, brought his umbrella. Before he realized his error, a bear charged him. He aimed his umbrella at the bear, shot and killed him on the spot."

"That`s impossible!", the geezer exclaimed. "Somebody else must have shot that bear!"

"Exactly!", replied the doctor

Shastri's success is the same as the geezer. 

16 hours ago, putrevus said:

It is ruthlessness and hunger to win every match which is so refreshing from this team. They have  made selection mistakes too .They have backed wrong horses like Rahul, Vijay and Dhawan in tests.Intent is not wrong, people were questioning about losses against England and SA in tests but those were very close matches.If they keep doing what they are doing now and batsmen show some spine this team can beat any team anywhere in world.

People keep talking about selection mistakes but they never talk about how they totally changed spin attack discarding no and no2 test spinners from odis and drafting Kulcha.How Bumrah was selected ahead of  more seniors.They backed Hardik to produce with both bat and ball  but he has not delivered the expected results in tests.

It is easy to say after the fact Mayank should have been selected or xyz should be selected.

Totally liked the post...

KL Rahul is not the wrong choice...He is a very good batsmen going thru a tough phase of life....same with Rahana...

KL Rahul will come back with a bang but might take his time

:hysterical:

WC 2019 SF - Middle order: DK, Pant, Pandya, Dhoni = Mental Midget, Lumberjack, 30s man, grandpa

Gave Rayudu 4 years, then realised he isn't good enough, picked Shankar without any ODI experience, realised he isn't good enough for no.4, kicked him out during WC, Kedar plays match winning innings vs Agf, but dropped for being slow, call-up Pant who has literally zero ODI experience, play him in SF, and grandpa left untouched whilst nudging and pudging his way through group phase

Yeah, d!ckface Shastri is brilliant!!!