Ashwin you are a ficking disgrace

King Tendulkar

Was Ashwin right or wrong?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Was Ashwin right or wrong?

7 minutes ago, afan said:

All the fence sitters including me are now supporting Ashwin just because Warne chose to bad mouth one of our very own. 

That's good to hear. There is clearly an agenda at work here, now is the time to shed the differences and back our guy. Besides what can we do when rules are written like that and a brilliant umpire like Oxenford gives the final decision? Look at the vitriol of the foreign pundits/players, same people behave so differently when their lads do real crimes. I don't like people like Harsha, Manju, Aakash Chopra, Kartik etc but glad to see them not succumbing to unrelenting gora pressure. Also respect to the likes of Styris, Tino Best who are at least objective. 

Just now, Gollum said:

That's good to hear. There is clearly an agenda at work here, now is the time to shed the differences and back our guy. Besides what can we do when rules are written like that and a brilliant umpire like Oxenford gives the final decision? Look at the vitriol of the foreign pundits/players, same people behave so differently when their lads do real crimes. I don't like people like Harsha, Manju, Aakash Chopra, Kartik etc but glad to see them not succumbing to unrelenting gora pressure. Also respect to the likes of Styris, Tino Best who are at least objective. 

Doull is on Ashwin's side.

Amazing this discussion is stretched for so many pages.Reminds me of certain forum discussing a topic which has no end.

In the end,KXIP won because of that runout,* sportsmanship and morality. Winning the match matters just like WI u-19 team did it when they were on verge of getting knocked out but later they went on to win WC..Dhoni should learn something from Ashwin and those kids about how to win and not to bring back batsman for few claps 

15 minutes ago, Stumped said:

Collingwood regularly speaks of his massive regret over that decision and acknowledges he was in the wrong.

What does that prove, Ashwin also will say 10 years from now he shouldn't have done it.Greg Chappell also said he shouldn't have asked his brother to bowl underarm.Stuart Broad not walking when everyone knew he was out.

Spirit of the game is used by these Poms when it suits them.BTW I am not defending Ashwin, what he did was wrong.

Edited by putrevus

MCC statement.

The Marylebone Cricket Club, regarded as the guardian of the laws of the game, sided with Ashwin when it released a statement about the incident on Tuesday.

“It has never been in the laws that a warning should be given to the non-striker,” the Lord’s-based MCC said, “and nor is it against the spirit of cricket to run out a non-striker who is seeking to gain an advantage by leaving his/her ground early.

“Furthermore, with batsmen now being deemed in or out by millimetres by TV replays on quick singles, it is right that they should remain in their ground at the non-striker’s end until it is fair for them to leave.”

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/sports-pmn/mankad-decision-in-ipl-divides-cricket-fans-around-world (duffers dont know diff between rohit and ashwin)