CWC Match 8 | South Africa vs India | Southampton | June 5, 2019 | Match thread

1 hour ago, maniac said:

If you want to be the 4th avatar, you need to earn some key training points. Being lazy elegant the way he bats is not equivalent to lazy work ethic.

He uses minimum energy to get maximum results, all his sixes are timing and no power as said by him. 

9 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

WHat luck man. First chance very tough he hardly took it. Next drop was after 100. You cannot consider ball falling in noman's land as luck.  Luck was what ROot and Hafeez got. 

Bhai tu itna jaldi argue kyu karne lagta hai,chill man,never did i under rate him like others do here,i was just saying he should play the way he has been doing all this while as he is a vital cog in this line up..just chill and savour the moment

Edited by Suhaan
5 hours ago, sandeep said:

I remember posting in 2016 that we're going to need Chahal and Pandya to be big-time players in time for the ODI WC.  @Pollack Chahal ahead of Kuldeep, unless the opposition has a bunch of left-handers.  And even then, play both!

When was I against playing both. I believe Kuldeep better than Chahal and I still stand by it. Kuldeep needs to increase a bit of pace though. Very very slow.

It was gritty but the job got done. Here is the good news. With Rohit, Virat, Rahul and MSD in the side , it is enough that one or two of the batsmen get their eye in and play a long innings. The margin of error is somewhat wider than for a team like SA where hardly anyone can play a long innings.

Pandya is a good option to have in the death overs. Spin bowling is a weakness for a lot of teams, so playing Chahal is a no brainer. 

Overall a decent start to the tournament. 

We won but won ugly. Good game for Bumrah, Chahal, and Rohit. There should be more improvements rather than sitting on this win. Australians will be ruthless. We had them at 89/5 and let them score 220+. We should have used the spinners or seamers rather than going with Jadhav. That let them off the hook. Pitch wasnt easy so should have given Bumrah and Bhuvi more slips when they did come back for the second spell. Our batting did the best out of the dropped chances and batted conservatively because of the wicket. Also why are England giving us dodgy pitches while they play on roads. They got owned the other day against padosis. This is what happens when you try these dodgy tactics.

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

We won but won ugly. Good game for Bumrah, Chahal, and Rohit. There should be more improvements rather than sitting on this win. Australians will be ruthless. We had them at 89/5 and let them score 220+. We should have used the spinners or seamers rather than going with Jadhav. That let them off the hook. Pitch wasnt easy so should have given Bumrah and Bhuvi more slips when they did come back for the second spell. Our batting did the best out of the dropped chances and batted conservatively because of the wicket. Also why are England giving us dodgy pitches while they play on roads. They got owned the other day against padosis. This is what happens when you try these dodgy tactics.

This was a good game.Tense and we won quite comfortably in the end. Wasn't ugly at all.50/2 chasing 227 ..i don't see any other team winning this against the quality of the bowling and the tricks of the pitch.Sorry,but this gave me immense satisfaction.

14 minutes ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Looking at the negativity and wrist slitting here, one would think Indian are some bottom ranked team which gets thrashed by all. 

We've won almost everything in the last 2 years including away series' in Aus SA NZ... Damn 

I think most don’t deny we are a top2 side. However the problem is most of us expect us to be a dominant side like WI and Aus of yesteryears with the talent pool and other resources available. The negativity is more

to with being underwhelmed than being disappointed and dejected