Leaving icf for sometime thread.....please use this thread.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/india-vs-england-ben-stokes-out-as-england-name-squad-for-second-test-match/story-KxebOH59U3FhVXv4WpDI1K.html

Surrey’s Ollie Pope and Chris Woakes replace Dawid Malan and Ben Stokes respectively in the squad from the first Test at Edgbaston.

“Ollie Pope has made an exceptional start to his first class career. He has reached a 1000 first class runs in just 15 matches and is the first division’s stand-out batsman this season with 684 runs at 85. The selection panel believe that Ollie’s performances and character suggest he is well suited to international cricket,” chief selector Ed Smith spoke after naming the squad.

England squad for the second Test: Joe Root (captain), Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Stuart Broad, Jos Buttler, Alastair Cook, Sam Curran, Keaton Jennings, Ollie Pope, Jamie Porter, Adil Rashid, Chris Woakes.

Edited by beetle

I personally feel it's only going to get more interesting now as the selectors and team management realised they gave opportunities to the wrong people last year and planning ahead for the next World Cup, guys like Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw, Shubman Gill and other India 'A' performers will get more chances now with guys like Rayudu and Dhoni gone. 

15 minutes ago, PBN said:

Too many emotions over decades of watching Indiancricket and lots  to say but at the moment speechless. 

Going on a break until the next big tournament/series. Almost, like the end of a long era.

Enjoy your life folks

:tee:

Bye fella 

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

Goodbye ICF , Indian team and international cricket  :ciao:

Have to take care of my personal life now. 

This match may just have done it for me. 

Will be back when we play tests in New Zealand. Till then everyone take care, be happy . 

Goodbye. :hatsoff:

same here. Bye

For me, 2011 World Cup win felt like pinnacle of my emotions as a cricket fan...I cried badly when we lost the 2003 WC Final...from that moment onwards, I have always been waiting to see India lift the cup...and then after seeing us win the 2011 WC felt like peak for me. After that I slowly started losing interest in all the bilateral series, hardly watch any bilateral series these days. It's mainly IPL and ICC tournaments that I follow in cricket these days. These days, I don't feel that sad over any of the losses..feel bad for few mins but then get on with my life. I guess it's something which naturally happens for lot of people as you get old.