Inzamam-ul-Haq lashes out at ICF'S Virat Kohli critics

‘How can you question his technique, he has scored 70 tons’

Former Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq is dumbfounded after witnessing the criticism that India captain Virat Kohli received due to his fiasco in the two-match Test series against New Zealand.

Kohli was censured for his poor show and technique in the red-ball series, and Inzamam was surprised at such discussions. He slammed those who questioned Kohli’s method of batting.

“A lot of people are talking about Kohli’s technique etc. I am amazed by all this talk. He has scored 70- centuries, now how can you question his technique,” said Inzamam in his Youtube channel.

Inzamam came out in defense of Kohli and said it happens in every cricketer’s life when he goes through a bad phase, but that doesn’t mean there is any lack of technique or effort.

“As a cricketer, I can say that players will encounter a phase when, despite his best efforts, runs do not come. Yusuf has a high backlift; it used to come from the gully when his bad form came, people started questioning him. He came to me; I said, how did you score so many runs with the same technique,” added the 49-year-old.

For Team India’s inconsistency to perform as a unit, Inzamam was of the opinion that it’s an essential element of this sport, and it should be accepted.

“Team is not being able to perform. If Kohli is failing what about the other players, this is just part and parcel of the game and it should be accepted in that particular way,” Inzamam added further.

How will ICF Experts reply ? We have to wait and see :two_thumbs_up:

8 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

‘How can you question his technique, he has scored 70 tons’

Former Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq is dumbfounded after witnessing the criticism that India captain Virat Kohli received due to his fiasco in the two-match Test series against New Zealand.

Kohli was censured for his poor show and technique in the red-ball series, and Inzamam was surprised at such discussions. He slammed those who questioned Kohli’s method of batting.

“A lot of people are talking about Kohli’s technique etc. I am amazed by all this talk. He has scored 70- centuries, now how can you question his technique,” said Inzamam in his Youtube channel.

Inzamam came out in defense of Kohli and said it happens in every cricketer’s life when he goes through a bad phase, but that doesn’t mean there is any lack of technique or effort.

“As a cricketer, I can say that players will encounter a phase when, despite his best efforts, runs do not come. Yusuf has a high backlift; it used to come from the gully when his bad form came, people started questioning him. He came to me; I said, how did you score so many runs with the same technique,” added the 49-year-old.

For Team India’s inconsistency to perform as a unit, Inzamam was of the opinion that it’s an essential element of this sport, and it should be accepted.

“Team is not being able to perform. If Kohli is failing what about the other players, this is just part and parcel of the game and it should be accepted in that particular way,” Inzamam added further.

How will ICF Experts reply ? We have to wait and see :two_thumbs_up:

:money:

Indian team's poor form has shut down the shops of Pakistan cricket YouTubers. Shoiab used to get 1-1.5 million views on each video when India won. Now he doesn't even bother making videos on the Indian cricket because they barely get 250k. 

Lol

They are focusing on PSL :p
3 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

A player with useless technique praising an other player with a just better but equally useless technique than him. Both equally inept against bowling of high quality.

What ? :whack3: Dude he was really good back in those days. Salaaa never used to get out against us. He was the main reason Pak won many matches against us. 

You have to give props to Kohli in this regard. Without a backfoot game, what he has achieved is commendable. I still don’t think of him as highly as Sachin, Viv or even Gavaskar, but for someone to score so many runs without any backfoot game whatsoever (he is not dominant against spin as well) says that he knows how to overcome his flaws. Now that fact that the quality of bowling has declined also has something to do with it. I can imagine him surviving on a bouncy pitch against Marshall and Garner or facing Murali or Warne on a spinning top. BTW, Smith is more complete and effective test batsman than Kohli.

13 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

You have to give props to Kohli in this regard. Without a backfoot game, what he has achieved is commendable. I still don’t think of him as highly as Sachin, Viv or even Gavaskar, but for someone to score so many runs without any backfoot game whatsoever (he is not dominant against spin as well) says that he knows how to overcome his flaws. Now that fact that the quality of bowling has declined also has something to do with it. I can imagine him surviving on a bouncy pitch against Marshall and Garner or facing Murali or Warne on a spinning top. BTW, Smith is more complete and effective test batsman than Kohli.

Even Viv didn't have backfoot game. Also, he has faced Steyn and scored runs, so, Marshall wouldn't be a problem too. He has also faced Murli and did well. Shane Warne wouldn't have been a problem for any Indian batsman let alone Kohli. Indian batsmen struggle against spinners who are quick in the air. Also, these bowlers you named would trouble on their day even the greatest of the batsmen. It's just a myth that bowling standards have gone down. 

Edited by rkt.india
3 hours ago, First class said:

As a person I'm not a big fan of Inzimam but as a batsman he was one of the best in world in his prime, probably THE best against pace . 

Yes that's why he averages around 30 in Australia and south africa. One of the best against pace because Rameez kept saying that in commentary 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Even Viv didn't have backfoot game. Also, he has faced Steyn and scored runs, so, Marshall wouldn't be a problem too. He has also faced Murli and did well. Shane Warne wouldn't have been a problem for any Indian batsman let alone Kohli. Indian batsmen struggle against spinners who are quick in the air. Also, these bowlers you named would trouble on their day even the greatest of the batsmen. It's just a myth that bowling standards have gone down. 

I do not think you have seen enough Viv if you make comment. I have not only watched him on TV but live on multiple occasions. He definitely played off the back foot driving through the cover and square off the wicket. 

Also Kohli and the current crop of Indian batters are terrible against spin. They can’t move their feet. He was bamboozled by Nathan Lyon last series. Kohli does not even compare favorably some of the lesser known greats. However, props to him for scoring as much runs as he did with this deficiency.

Edited by Audiophile
8 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

What ? :whack3: Dude he was really good back in those days. Salaaa never used to get out against us. He was the main reason Pak won many matches against us. 

Haha gulla bhai that's why I mentioned bowling of high quality. Even brat is a legend against kesaris and shamsis. 

Edited by Sandeep99