KL Rahul: "Strike rate’s very very over-rated.

Ankit_sharma03

Its high time,we need England like approach atleast in t20s,they suddenly looked totally different unit after WC15

Why can't we,yesteryear cricketers should just shut their mouths

KL took a conservative approach against RR in Sharjah last week and they paid price by loosing the match despite scoring 223 ,I thought he gave strike to Mayank,but now i get to know he got bitten by consolidation bug

Far too many Indian batsmen like to carry their bat at the cost of boundaries,cricket has changed

Sad this is very sad no wonder he looked clueless everytime, doesn't know what he needs to do giving ears to every shyte

Edited by Suhaan

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Its high time,we need England like approach atleast in t20s,they suddenly looked totally different unit after WC15

Why can't we,yesteryear cricketers should just shut their mouths

KL took a conservative approach against RR in Sharjah last week and they paid the price by loosing the match despite scoring 223 ,I thought he gave strike to Mayank,but now i get to know he got bitten by consolidation bug

Far too many Indian batsmen like to carry their bat at the cost of boundaries,cricket has changed

Sad this is very sad no wonder he looked clueless everytime, doesn't know what he needs to do giving ears to every shyte

They must pick Rahul Tripathi in T20Is.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Nehra said that because Yorker is a defensive option unless there is any kind of swing. Yorker is good for death overs but not when you want to take wicket.

what swing is he expecting in white ball cricket that to with a 20 over old ball or even 25 incase of ODI, it aint gonna reverse yet guys like starc, bumrah, malinga have used it to great extent in last few yrs.

IF anything its yorker that has been effective against a beast like russell in t20 in last few yrs

IF you ball in stumps in white it is attacking as most batsman look to attack and if he misses he is gone , if bowler misses the mark ball is gone. If yorker is defensive it is the most risk defensive option

He has shown the tendency to slow down across many innings in IPL in last two years.  Have seen him bat with less strike rate at times  - the recent  examples being yesterday and at Sharjah. But  still it comes as a surprise that he disclosed such approach in T20 format  to the media. 

Edited by Straight Drive

It is okay if 1or 2 from top 6 have this approach but if all of them think same then its a huge psychological problem ,it  will become very difficult for the team to come out of that mindset , England had to change their whole set from TM to team itself

I don't expect anything of that sort with India,its not like these guys can't play at high strike rate,just train to hit big shots for t20s, i always maintain t20 side should look different from odi side,we have atleast 4-5 batsmen who prefer to save their wickets rather than going after bowling,we will always remain a poor side in t20 and even in odis(in coming years) with this mindset

Cricket is changing soon teams like Pakistan,SL,BD will catch up as they have been working on this aspect of the game

Edited by Suhaan