Rohit not picked in Indian squad but fit to play in IPL?

Cricketics

I thought he was getting better with his injury but if he is not picked in Indian ODI/T20 squad, that means he is not fit to even play in this IPL  too. It will be interesting if he plays in later games of this IPL that will become a discussion point for his his omission from the Indian squads. 

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Rohit won the WT20 with his innings vs SA and Pak, Rohit won the CT by being the most reliable bat in the tournament, Rohit won the test series in Aus with his advice, 5 time IPl champ

Only thing missing is a WC, so May be BCCI protecting its brahmastra :hmmm:

2023 WC is in November, 3 full years. 

Unless he sheds that flab he won't make it to our squad at the age of 36.5.

Decline in hand-eye, explosiveness will be sudden, least he can do is take fitness seriously. 

Love handles, belly fat: Indian players crack a bad fitness joke

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

I thought he was getting better with his injury but if he is not picked in Indian ODI/T20 squad, that means he is not fit to even play in this IPL  too. It will be interesting if he plays in later games of this IPL that will become a discussion point for his his omission from the Indian squads. 

Where do you get your news from?

He started training again today. 

Sure he must be training to NOT play in the remainder of this IPL. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Where do you get your news from?

He started training again today. 

Sure he must be training to NOT play in the remainder of this IPL. :rolleyes:

Not news yaar. We are trying to make sense of his exclusion from squad. Like i said in the first line, he was getting better with his injury, so his exclusion from Aussie squad is weird. There is no way Rohit can be dropped from Australian squad. Only way he can't play in Aus is if he is not fit. So the two things don't add up. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Not news yaar. We are trying to make sense of his exclusion from squad. Like i said in the first line, he was getting better with his injury, so his exclusion from Aussie squad is weird. There is no way Rohit can be dropped from Australian squad. Only way he can't play in Aus is if he is not fit. So the two things don't add up. 

You scared me when you said he isn't going to feature in this IPL. :whack:

I don't care two hoots about some meaningless bilateral against Australia. I'd rather he win us the IPL. 

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

You scared me when you said he isn't going to feature in this IPL. :whack:

I don't care two hoots about some meaningless bilateral against Australia. I'd rather he win us the IPL. 

Really no love for Indian team. I hope you are not taking Mumbai "Indians" too seriously. 

10 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Really no love for Indian team. I hope you are not taking Mumbai "Indians" too seriously. 

:((

Of course I want our team to win. 

I am not too fussed about these bilateral series. Obviously I root for India in all the multi nation events and even watch those games. Some of them at least.

I was at the Wankhede when Dhoni hit that 6 which won us the WC. :isalute:

IPL seasons are a lot more enjoyable than an India vs Aus test series or even a T20 series. 

Edited by Mariyam

9 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I am not too fussed about these bilateral series. Obviously I root for India in all the multi nation events and even watch those games. Some of them at least.

IPL season a lot more enjoyable than say an India vs Aus test series or even a T20 series. 

Arey itni detail dedi.

I think this reply of yours will be a great response when Coffee rules or Gollum try to question you defending JNU or any minority in chitchat section :):giggle:

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

IPL seasons are a lot more enjoyable than an India vs Aus test series or even a T20 series

Blasphemous!  We used to count how many Rubbers (seriously, series victories are called Rubbers) India has - India has the Rubbers of Aus, BD, SL, SA, WI, BD,  Not having Eng and Pakistan. These days only SENA Tests, WC matters as Cricket. IPL is tamasha.

Edited by coffee_rules

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/30197731/rohit-sharma-not-india-squad-play-again-ipl-australia-tour

This lends credence to the growing belief that Sharma could play later on in this IPL season - and, indeed, in Australia. In fact, though neither Mumbai nor the BCCI have revealed the severity of Sharma's injury, it is understood the player has been cautioned by the board's medical team to not take any chances because it would impact his availability for the Australian tour.

The BCCI medical team's caution is understandable because this is the second time Sharma has injured his left leg. In February Sharma was forced to return home from New Zealand after tearing his left calf muscle during the T20 leg of that series.”

BCCI should tell Rohit to stop playing IPL , if he wants to go Aus. Maybe he wants Kohli to go without him, lose horribly like they did in zNZ and lose his captaincy

5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

BCCI should tell Rohit to stop playing IPL , if he wants to go Aus. Maybe he wants Kohli to go without him, lose horribly like they did in zNZ and lose his captaincy

Rohit knows that ODIs and T20s are bilaterals, while the test series is a challenge :dontknow:

17 minutes ago, zen said:

Rohit knows that ODIs and T20s are bilaterals, while the test series is a challenge :dontknow:

On a serious note, going into the first test match if Rohit is available without much practice between 2nd/8th November (expected date of Mumbai's last game in this IPL) and December 17 which is the date of the first test, which also happens to be a pink ball test, isn't ideal preparation. I hope he gets to play in ODI's there before to prepare.