Reason #1078 why India will never get out its underdeveloped poor state

sandeep

7 hours ago, Lannister said:

Good development. This is the only way states can preserve their culture and language. We have a lot of loopholes in our constitution when it comes to protecting our regional identities. Until we first fix that, this is the right way to go. 

Not true.  The threat to local culture and language is hardly  threatened from people which are doing jobs in secured organised sector. The threat is from people doing menial  jobs in unorganised sector. A very large number of people work in it and their they change demographics.

Edited by Singh bling

25 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

This rule is for jobs upto 50k salary . A lot of starting tech jobs have under 50k salary. Let's see what happens to them.

If these tech companies do decide to leave gurgaon owing to this rule, then the over inflated price of the property there will come down. Blessing in disguise i would say.

33 minutes ago, retired_hurt said:

If these tech companies do decide to leave gurgaon owing to this rule, then the over inflated price of the property there will come down. Blessing in disguise i would say.

Politicians from various parts of country have properties in Gurgaon. They will never allow companies to move.

4 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Not true.  The threat to local culture and language is hardly  threatened from people which are doing jobs in secured organised sector. The threat is from people doing menial  jobs in unorganised sector. A very large number of people work in it and their they change demographics.

Who do you think is recruiting these people in the first place? The ones who hold higher positions. State governments need to clean that out first. I don't care if companies decided to move out, but locals should always get the first and foremost priority in their states. 

5 hours ago, Singh bling said:

This rule is for jobs upto 50k salary . A lot of starting tech jobs have under 50k salary. Let's see what happens to them.

10 hours ago, diga said:

Should be ok if its only for blue collar... Hope Haryana govt sets up technical & skill oriented vocational institutes too

9 hours ago, Stan AF said:

There are a lot of reasons on why India isn't developed and this isn't one among it.

Go and first address illiteracy, women safety, housing, food security, infrastructure, social justice, law and order, proper justice and then last but definitely not the least important population explosion. Family planning is a must for North Indian states.

I definitely don't see anything improving. Sorry to be blunt.

No this is not "OK".  Incentivizing diversity in hiring via tax incentives is one thing, mandating quotas is another.  Governments and Political Parties in India are more focused on retrograde actions like these, trying to allocate slices of the existing pie, making it shrink, instead of focusing on increasing the size of the pie.  

Petty vote bank politics is what works in our "system", and the incentives are geared towards rent-seeking instead of attempting to grow the economy.  And that's the #1 problem.

In most gated communities in Bangalore where I lived from 15-17, offices in MNCs, apartment buildings, malls, the security personnel was always people from North and/or North-East India. The same was true for bartenders, waiters, ushers in restaurants and some of saloons where they have personnel for washing hair, etc, were all certainly not local people. They could not speak Kannada if their life depended on it. 

Do you want to say they can’t find locals for the same jobs? 

This safeguarding of jobs for unskilled workers for locals is a legit state mudda. The bill and any law should specifically say it is for unskilled workers, Any others for skilled worker jobs is not good for businesses.

Edited by coffee_rules

19 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

of course it wasnt :winky: I'm sure you wouldn't mind post something shaming the great state of karnataka if it was recent news :winky::winky:

It is not about TN/Kar, such news we all should be ashamed of, it is a khap panchayat type of justice from Madras HC. I am pretty sure one can dig out such news from any part of India, You and Vilander  are too touchy about  any finger-pointing towards TN. Try having an open mind 

21 hours ago, retired_hurt said:

Actually, a lot of the tech companies are moving to a perma WFH ergonomic model anyways. Also to avoid GoI/ State government interference, most of these guys would go the Flipkart way. Re-register themselves in Singapore/ HK and continue operations.

Edited by Mariyam

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

It is not about TN/Kar, such news we all should be ashamed of, it is a khap panchayat type of justice from Madras HC. I am pretty sure one can dig out such news from any part of India, You and Vilander  are too touchy about  any finger-pointing towards TN. Try having an open mind 

we are not touchy and we dont condone such actions by the madras hc. if i came with the same story about ktk hc first, i dont know how the said poster would react. its always regional and the poster is most likely to come up with a similar reply like mine. dont deny it. thats the history of tn/ktk relations and i dont think it would change.

your point about having an open mind is laughable when ktk guys and india in general are no different. we saw the open mindedness of ktk guys when they beat tamils in bangalore in the 90s and burnt one of the buses owned by a tamil company not so far ago.

Not one bus @Real McCoy Did you forget??? it is 40+.  They were sitting in a depot quietly if i'm not wrong.

cavery-collage.jpg

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/cauvery-crisis-more-30-kpn-travels-buses-set-fire-bengaluru-49766

https://www.india.com/news/india/cauvery-water-dispute-over-56-buses-set-on-fire-at-kpn-bus-depot-near-bengaluru-watch-video-1483048/

No one can forget the 40+ buses (some say it was as high as 56) of KPN in 2016. The reason is Supreme court ordered karnataka to release cauvery water. And the girl who lead the mob was very young and from poor economic backgrounds. I'm pretty sure the mob was exploited for their poverty and made to do this.

India has far too many poor people to actually make any sort of meaningful progress. Unless you cut poverty, provide education and infrastructure, and address so many other structural deformities it is bound to stay poor. This imbalance adds and adds more problems to whatever we're facing now.

13 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Not one bus @Real McCoy Did you forget??? it is 40+.  They were sitting in a depot quietly if i'm not wrong.

cavery-collage.jpg

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/cauvery-crisis-more-30-kpn-travels-buses-set-fire-bengaluru-49766

https://www.india.com/news/india/cauvery-water-dispute-over-56-buses-set-on-fire-at-kpn-bus-depot-near-bengaluru-watch-video-1483048/

No one can forget the 40+ buses (some say it was as high as 56) of KPN in 2016. The reason is Supreme court ordered karnataka to release cauvery water. And the girl who lead the mob was very young and from poor economic backgrounds. I'm pretty sure the mob was exploited for their poverty and made to do this.

India has far too many poor people to actually make any sort of meaningful progress. Unless you cut poverty, provide education and infrastructure, and address so many other structural deformities it is bound to stay poor. This imbalance adds and adds more problems to whatever we're facing now.

Yeah I forgot to proof read before sending :lol:  I was reframing my sentence. I meant one business owner got his buses burnt

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

we are not touchy and we dont condone such actions by the madras hc. if i came with the same story about ktk hc first, i dont know how the said poster would react. its always regional and the poster is most likely to come up with a similar reply like mine. dont deny it. thats the history of tn/ktk relations and i dont think it would change.

your point about having an open mind is laughable when ktk guys and india in general are no different. we saw the open mindedness of ktk guys when they beat tamils in bangalore in the 90s and burnt one of the buses owned by a tamil company not so far ago.

Hey... as I  said,  it wasn't intentional .. you can believe me or continue this tn- ktk charade.

PS: What caught the attention was the court ordering the rapist to marry the victim after she turns 18 ...that's regressive 

Sorry sandeep for digression 

Edited by diga

44 minutes ago, diga said:

Hey... as I  said,  it wasn't intentional .. you can believe me or continue this tn- ktk charade.

PS: What caught the attention was the court ordering the rapist to marry the victim after she turns 18 ...that's regressive 

Sorry sandeep for digression 

no dude you have an agenda. op was talking about india in general and employment related policies in a state. you made it into tn ktk debate on who has the most regressive behavior.

"Unbecoming of an Indian woman" to sleep after being ravished, not how our women react: Karnataka HC while granting bail to rape accused

you haven't condemned this act by ktk hc yet. if anything is regressive, you have to look in the mirror for it

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Its shocking and utterly disgusting.. what kind of people are sitting as judges shocked..

17 minutes ago, diga said:

This thread.. feel really sad after reading it

about Ruchika Girhotra & SPS Rathore - a police officer

In California the law for deliberately giving someone HIV is only 6 months of prison. It used to be 8 years of imprisonment before.