Lack of clarity on Rohit Sharma’s availability not ideal - Virat Kohli

41 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Unprofessional from BCCI, Kohli & Rohit. Running Indian cricket like circus

Dont see Kohli's fault here. There have been no clear signals from anybody, especially those who must have first hand knowledge of the scenario. Its Rohit and the management who should be held accountable. What a clusterf##k

Edited by Vickydev

From the cricinfo article: https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/30393121/aus-vs-ind-2020-21-virat-kohli-rohit-sharma-injury-lot-uncertainty-lack-clarity

"Before we had the selection meeting in Dubai, we had got an email two days before that, which said that he is unavailable for selection [as] he has picked an injury during the IPL," Kohli said at the virtual media briefing on Thursday in Sydney. "And it mentioned there was a two-week rest and rehab period. The pros and cons and the implications of the injury has been explained to him and he understood that. And he was unavailable for selection. That was the information we got on mail before the selection meeting. After that he played in the IPL, so we all thought he would be on that flight to Australia, which he wasn't. And we had no information whatsoever on the reason on why he is not traveling with us."

Shots fired.  

Basically - and I did a quick read - Kohli seems to have  laid the blame squarely on Rohit.

33 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Dont see Kohli's fault here. There have been no clear signals from anybody, especially those who must have first hand knowledge of the scenario. Its Rohit and the management who should be held accountable. What a clusterf##k

You are right actually, it's a confusion which has originated due to flip flop done by Rohit to play for Mumbai Indians.

Club vs country issue in the light again

Edited by SK_IH
11 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

From the cricinfo article: https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/30393121/aus-vs-ind-2020-21-virat-kohli-rohit-sharma-injury-lot-uncertainty-lack-clarity

Shots fired.  

Basically - and I did a quick read - Kohli seems to have  laid the blame squarely on Rohit.

As he should.  Rohit pulled this **** last year saying he was unavailable for ODIs and Tests of NZ tour but was on track for miracle recovery in time for IPL before COVID postponement. He can’t be counted on for anything other than T20s any more.  That’s fine, plenty of fat old guys only play T20s these days but make it official so team can plan accordingly. 

57 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

really? even if he isn't directly at fault, the best he can come up with is some bs emails thing? both virat and rohit have played together for a decade now, he can't be bothered to drop him a text about when he is coming? the whole thing shows that they aren't on talking terms at the very least

I am one of the harshest critics of Kohli and his captaincy, not to mention his antics on and off the field But the blame for this present confusion lies squarely on the selection committee and Rohit / Ishant themselves.  How on earth Rohit suddenly becomes match fit for Mumbai Indians and again goes into rehab to the NCA? How can a vice caption not know the quarantine rules?

Lesser said about the board the better. Pathetic money sucking losers. Can't manage injured players, can't manage a proper Press conference, can't even communicate the same to the team captain.

What a cluster* this has been.

Edited by Tridibans_16

If someone is unfit, first priority is to have him fit without pressure .... if you are unsure about playing 50% of a series, you should ideally not be considered .... In a way, it is also is the media and the many of the fans that are probably creating an issue here by constantly wondering if Rohit and Ishant would be available 

32 minutes ago, Tridibans_16 said:

I am one of the harshest critics of Kohli and his captaincy, not to mention his antics on and off the field But the blame for this present confusion lies squarely on the selection committee and Rohit / Ishant themselves.  How on earth Rohit suddenly becomes match fit for Mumbai Indians and again goes into rehab to the NCA? How can a vice caption not know the quarantine rules?

Lesser said about the board the better. Pathetic money sucking losers. Can't manage injured players, can't manage a proper Press conference, can't even communicate the same to the team captain.

What a cluster* this has been.

Same sentiments here. I have long thought Rohit would make a better captain for Team India but last two seasons with no loyalty have changed my mind. As much as I like to slag on the Rat I don’t doubt his loyalty to the Indian team. Sometimes it comes as a detriment to the side, but that’s another discussion.