Fan claims to have paid Indian players' bill after finding himself eating at same restaurant, BCCI investigating potential bubble breach

Just now, New guy said:

They are in isolation because there is an investigation over whether they have broken the agreement between CA and BCCI, which is standard procedure. I think the players were just used to going out for many days and didnt realize it would be such a big issue suddenly

Maybe Pant alleged hugging and hitting on a Bhabhi to get a baby-sitting gig? 

18 minutes ago, New guy said:

They are NOT in a bio bubble. There is no bio bubble in Australia and New Zealand. They are 100% allowed to go out, mingle, eat out and shop. In Australia and New Zealand the protocols are - strict quarantine and once you are past the quarantine period, you can go out and mingle and eat and shop. This is also why crowd is allowed in the stadium. where they can touch the balls which go for 6. You are not even required to wear a mask in public

The reason there was such a hue and cry over Pakistan was they were breaking the rules DURING quarantine period and brought COVID from outside. Their biggest concern was players bringing COVID from outside into a mostly COVID free country. That is not the same as this issue

These players have not broken any Aus government regulation. They are allowed to eat even indoors by the government. What they might have broken, is an agreement between CA and BCCI that should eat only indoors and not outdoors because they will be traveling to a place which has more strict regulations. But even this is under investigation 

Not true. There is bubble in Australia too. BBL players were fined for it too.

18 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

fatman.png

Will rohit even have enough practice before 3rd test match? if he is in isolation then when will he practice and before this he was in 14 day quarantine, so I really doubt that he will be match fit. It brings memory of 2011 england tour, when India rushed Sehwag to be part of 3rd test match and he got duck in both innings. 

8 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

The story brought out the old, once upon a time journalist in me.  Headline:

Breaking, By Boria:

Bio Bubble Breach By Boisterous Bharati Bigheads, Banquet Brokered By Big Bellied Bombay B@stard, Breaking Bread And Blameless Beef, Bharat Betrayed By Bewda's Buggers, Board Bereft!!!!   

Bellygate: Big bellies bushwhack buffet. Bharat bleeds 

18 minutes ago, New guy said:

They are NOT in a bio bubble. There is no bio bubble in Australia and New Zealand. They are 100% allowed to go out, mingle, eat out and shop. In Australia and New Zealand the protocols are - strict quarantine and once you are past the quarantine period, you can go out and mingle and eat and shop. This is also why crowd is allowed in the stadium. where they can touch the balls which go for 6. You are not even required to wear a mask in public

The reason there was such a hue and cry over Pakistan was they were breaking the rules DURING quarantine period and brought COVID from outside. Their biggest concern was players bringing COVID from outside into a mostly COVID free country. That is not the same as this issue

These players have not broken any Aus government regulation. They are allowed to eat even indoors by the government. What they might have broken, is an agreement between CA and BCCI that should eat only indoors and not outdoors because they will be traveling to a place which has more strict regulations. But even this is under investigation 

Great post. The only thing is they were allowed to eat outdoors as chances of catching covid is high in enclosed spaces. If they would have eaten outside and this nutter fan would have even kissed pant there wouldn’t have been any issues 

Even in India, we are worried about going out to dine in restaurants and these players are going out to have dinner? How difficult is it to order them in their hotel or use some other delivery service? 

Most people are blaming that sardarji, but I don't understand the reason.  If I had met with these superstars, I'd also have bragged, and most probably he was not even aware of these restrictions the player is supposed to be in. 

1 minute ago, neel roy said:

Great post. The only thing is they were allowed to eat outdoors as chances of catching covid is high in enclosed spaces. If they would have eaten outside and this nutter fan would have even kissed pant there wouldn’t have been any issues 

It is not about what they are allowed to do by the government, but god forbid, if they catch covid, they can put the whole tour in trouble.

Just now, Franco Vazquez said:

Just now, Franco Vazquez said:

A bubble is where you where you do not interact with anyone outside a few people (only those inside the bubble) and you cannot go outside a certain parameter. The BBL players were fined because they took close selfies without masks and used public Taxi which was against the protocol (again this is allowed by government, they just broke the CA rules)

2 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

Even in India, we are worried about going out to dine in restaurants and these players are going out to have dinner? How difficult is it to order them in their hotel or use some other delivery service? 

Most people are blaming that sardarji, but I don't understand the reason.  If I had met with these superstars, I'd also have bragged, and most probably he was not even aware of these restrictions the player is supposed to be in. 

In India we are worried because we have over a crore case. In Aus, there are handful of cases in total so players are safe

2 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

It is not about what they are allowed to do by the government, but god forbid, if they catch covid, they can put the whole tour in trouble.

There are handful of cases in Aus and no public transmission. There is zero chances of catching COVID in Aus, even masks are not required in Aus

6 minutes ago, beetle said:

How can the restaurant allow anyone to pay someone's bill without their permission ? Koi bhi ehsaan maare ga.

They should have asked for their bill and paid .

Sharam nahi aati in crorepati stars ko...118 australian dollar ka ehsaan.

And also how can restaurant share details of what I am eating and drinking with random people? 

What could have they done if the guy refused to take money? 

23 minutes ago, beetle said:

How can the restaurant allow anyone to pay someone's bill without their permission ? Koi bhi ehsaan maare ga.

They should have asked for their bill and paid .

Sharam nahi aati in crorepati stars ko...118 australian dollar ka ehsaan.

We are assuming that Navaldeep is telling the truth, no?  

I doubt whether someone as experienced as RGS would be part of such a deal.  These players are trained to be wary of bookies and punters, and keep their fan-interactions a bit aloof.  Once, when we met the players in Jamaica at breakfast and my wife asked an injured MSD if he was going to play that day, he politely refused to answer.    

Regardless, looks like Navaldeep got his 15 min of fame.