The new Hardik Pandya

Vk1

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I am totally against diluting a bowling slot  (  No.8 to No.11 )  for marginally better batting ability.

Pandya can bat in the top 7.

Shardul can play only if he qualifies as the 7th batsman + 4th pacer  ... otherwise not.  Same as Pandya.

I have liked the grit he has shown so far.  Can be a very decent backup bowling allrounder 

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I am totally against diluting a bowling slot  (  No.8 to No.11 )  for marginally better batting ability.

Shardul can play only if he qualifies as the 7th batsman + 4th pacer  ... otherwise not.  Same as Pandya.

He is doing alright against Cummins and Hazlewood with new ball. Ofcourse this is just one innings, but management should push him to adopt this attitude in FC and get some 100s. He'll have lot of off time compared to pandu since he's not first choice in any format, so lot of room for improvement

1 hour ago, Serpico said:

He is doing alright against Cummins and Hazlewood with new ball. Ofcourse this is just one innings, but management should push him to adopt this attitude in FC and get some 100s. He'll have lot of off time compared to pandu since he's not first choice in any format, so lot of room for improvement

Shardul must try to position himself as the 7th batsman + 4th pacer in tests in SENA.

He can be a 7th batsman if he practices his batting some more. The basic batting ability is there.

But I don't want him to replace an Ishant or a Shami as the 3rd pacer just because he can bat a bit.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

I am totally against diluting a bowling slot  (  No.8 to No.11 )  for a bit better batting ability.

Nah, Doesnt matter whether its home or away, at this point, Jadeja HAS to be in the team, period. And so does Ashwin when fit. These two are in top 4-5 bowlers of India consistently - in form for quite a while and would be hard to argue that anyone else except Ishant, Bumrah and Shami are going to be better in england or india or china than Jadeja and Ashwin. 

I think its high time India unleashed its true potential- the 3+2 combo. Jadeja has earned the right to bat in the top 6-7 and Provided Pant CAN maintain a 40+ average, it becomes very easy to Justify Jadeja >> 4th pacer/Pandya in the top 7 as the allrounder.