"Shubman should have scored a ton!" - Gill's father scolds his son

sage

Centuries are a national obsession.  From Gavaskar to Maanzrekar to Tendulkar, my generation can't stop talking about centuries, centuries, centuries.  Like @nevada said in another thread, it is such a superficial way to judge an innings. 

So, congratulations, Lakhwinder paaji - you've raised an ATG, but do you really think the 9 extra runs would've given him more confidence than the first 91 runs?  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

I am glad we have some kick ass pacers....

While we need to acknowledge that batting and bowling played its part. Its only cause of bowling we are winning or being competitive overseas for the past 2-4 years.

But at the same time we also know that our media and especially TOI-let is not ethical. Reporter pakka must have asked his dad loaded questions like, "I personally think he should have scored century, Where you also disappointed he did not score century?"

I do not see anything wrong expect for the part that he should have scored a century. 

I am interested in what he is pointing out the fact that he got out almost always to a pattern , playing away from body and pushing his hands out .

Had he not done that we would have seen 2 centuries in this series .

Again he is saying other  teams  would be looking at this pattern . So Gill needs to plug this issue ASAP to be a top notch bat who is not having any apparent weakness per se.

7 minutes ago, beetle said:

So did Washington Sundar's father. :facepalm:

Some Indian Parents !! Hadd hai

Defines every generation before and through mine.  Maybe the next ones are not that way .. I don't know.  I am pretty laid back myself, but even so, I have to make a special effort to pull back on comments like "89 milaa?  Kyon?  Baaki ke gyaara kahaan gaye?"  

11 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

I do not see anything wrong expect for the part that he should have scored a century. 

I am interested in what he is pointing out the fact that he got out almost always to a pattern , playing away from body and pushing his hands out .

Had he not done that we would have seen 2 centuries in this series .

Again he is saying other  teams  would be looking at this pattern . So Gill needs to plug this issue ASAP to be a top notch bat who is not having any apparent weakness per se.

Yeah, he didn't said anything wrong. He just wants his player to make sure he makes his purple patch count because at end of the day, ICF fans will count how many hundreds this player scored in SENA and how many in Asia lol :hysterical:

13 minutes ago, beetle said:

Indeed!

‘I am disappointed he did not get a 100’ – Washington Sundar’s father expected a little more from his son in Brisbane

Washington Sundar should have hit fours and sixes, says debutant’s father

https://www.crictracker.com/i-am-disappointed-he-did-not-get-a-100-washington-sundars-father-expected-a-little-more-from-his-son-in-brisbane/

Edited by sage
18 minutes ago, beetle said:

Mere saath bhi hota tha. :(( 

My elder sister was so padhaku. Always immersed her books. 

I would never score as much and always get an earful from my mom/aunts/grandparents/neighbours/teachers/random people who also knew my sister.

Can't believe that you are Najma's sister. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I HEARD THAT :mad: 

How scarring was that.

Edited by Mariyam

lol this is nothing, sangakkara's father said that he felt that his son underachieved in his career, when press interviewed him after sanga's retirement. Imagine thinking 13000 runs at 57 avg is underachievement!!

Sportsmen's parents are different, you can't just chalk it down to indian parents having high expectations.. behind so many legendary athletes across the world, you will find harsh and almost cruel parents/mentors who demand excellence every time.. that is how they develop the desire and competition in them from very young age. I am glad that Gill's and Sundar's parents are not easily satisfied, that should keep them humble and drive them towards excellence for next 10-15 yrs no matter how much money and fame they earn

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Mere saath bhi hota tha. :(( 

My elder sister was so padhaku. Always immersed her books. 

I would never score as much and always get an earful from my mom/aunts/grandparents/neighbours/teachers/random people who also knew my sister.

Can't believe that you are Najma's sister. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I HEARD THAT :mad: 

How scarring was that.

Believe me, I feel your pain.  My older sister caused the same problem for me - with my teachers.  We have an uncommon last name, so it was easily recognized that I was her sibling.  

2 minutes ago, Serpico said:

lol this is nothing, sangakkara's father said that he felt that his son underachieved in his career, when press interviewed him after sanga's retirement. Imagine thinking 13000 runs at 57 avg is underachievement!!

Sportsmen's parents are different, you can't just chalk it down to indian parents having high expectations.. behind so many legendary athletes across the world, you will find harsh and almost cruel parents/mentors who demand excellence every time.. that is how they develop the desire and competition in them from very young age. I am glad that Gill's and Sundar's parents are not easily satisfied, that should keep them humble and drive them towards excellence for next 10-15 yrs no matter how much money and fame they earn

Do you see Western parents of sportsman saying such things? Definitely a subcontinental attitude

Edited by sage
1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Centuries are a national obsession.  From Gavaskar to Maanzrekar to Tendulkar, my generation can't stop talking about centuries, centuries, centuries.  Like @nevada said in another thread, it is such a superficial way to judge an innings. 

So, congratulations, Lakhwinder paaji - you've raised an ATG, but do you really think the 9 extra runs would've given him more confidence than the first 91 runs?  

Meh, selectors and history judge the same way. Psychologically a 100 will be remembered more and will give more leeway to a career