Seat Colour At Motera Can Make It Hard For Fielders To Spot Pink Ball, Says Thorpe

sage

http://www.businessworld.in/article/Ind-vs-Eng-Seat-colour-at-Motera-can-make-it-hard-for-fielders-to-spot-pink-ball-says-Thorpe/22-02-2021-380456/

"I mean, having had the practice sessions, the ball did move around. Like anything, batting can be dependent on how you are being bowled to. It is about having an understanding of what is going on. If you execute well then you are giving yourself a chance of scoring runs in any conditions.
"The side screens are in place, so hopefully, in terms of coming out of the seats, the seating has a certain colouring, so it can be a little harder for the fielders, we have to see how it plays out," said Thorpe while replying to an ANI query during a virtual press conference on Monday.
When asked about the challenges of playing in the pink-ball Test, Thorpe replied: "Half-day and half-night. We have had our practice sessions, we had one in the evening and we had one in the afternoon. The challenge of facing the pink-ball in changing conditions, we will have to adapt to. It is an unknown quantity, pink ball does a little more in the evening as compared to the afternoon, we will have to take a look at the pitch as well when it comes to tackling spinners during the day-time," said Thorpe.

Get ready for lots more dropped catches

people say Rohit is a FTB but he is more like a take pitch/conditions out of the way bully.

I have seen him look like a million bucks on minefields eg, That T20 knocks vs Aus in WT20 2009, That 70 in Nzl green mamba, the recent 100 in Chennai.

So only guy who won’t be bothered by Pink ball etc.

I Would be worried if this was a flat pitch as he might lose interest and play a false shot.

Watch out for Ro

1 minute ago, maniac said:

people say Rohit is a FTB but he is more like a take pitch/conditions out of the way bully.

I have seen him look like a million bucks on minefields eg, That T20 knocks vs Aus in WT20 2009, That 70 in Nzl green mamba, the recent 100 in Chennai.

I Would be worried if this was a flat pitch as he might lose interest and play a false shot.

Watch out for Ro

Don't forget top-scoring in the 4th innings in SA when no other batsman could even hold a candle 

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Watch out for Ro

I think you are talking about wt20 2010, He scored 79* chasing 185.

In the Super Bowl, they came up with a creative way to fill seats.  I think you could pay like $100, send a photo and they'd make a cut out of you and put it on the seat.  I would love to see this used as a way to raise funds.  Send INR 2500 and your photo.  Your cut out gets placed and the remaining funds go towards a welfare project in Ahendavad.

Super Bowl fan cutouts will fill seats at Raymond James Stadium

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

In the Super Bowl, they came up with a creative way to fill seats.  I think you could pay like $100, send a photo and they'd make a cut out of you and put it on the seat.  I would love to see this used as a way to raise funds.  Send INR 2500 and your photo.  Your cut out gets placed and the remaining funds go towards a welfare project in Ahendavad.

Super Bowl fan cutouts will fill seats at Raymond James Stadium

Expect nearly 40-45k people in the stands on day 1 of the match. Some 25k tickets have been sold and more than 20-25k passes distributed to govt. folks.

Weekends are sold out. But not everyone will turn up with the threat of Corona rising

11 hours ago, maniac said:

Watch out for Ro

Stop jinxing :jinx:

13 hours ago, maniac said:

Watch out for Ro

13 hours ago, sage said:

Don't forget top-scoring in the 4th innings in SA when no other batsman could even hold a candle 

Karthik calling Karthik?

:hmmm:

:p:

Edited by Mariyam
15 hours ago, maniac said:

Watch out for Ro

He is good against spin the only problem is that his game against swing hasn't improved