BCCI should pull Bhuvi from the IPL

12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

It will be very risky to play Bhuvi in a test match as he has not played any / much FC cricket in the last 3 years. 

No one knows whether he is  physically fit for a 5 day match.

Unfortunately, I agree. I think a genuine swing bowler can be a tremendous weapon in England and perhaps we don't have the attack to match the swing of Boult and Southee, but I think the lack of match fitness for the longer format makes him a high risk selection. 

12 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

When you have Bumrah, Ishant, Shami, Umesh ( Saini and Thakur as back up) why do you need Bhuvi who hasnt played a test match in a very long time. He'll break down again in the middle of the match.

are you kidding me? Bhuvi in this form light be our most lethal bowler in England.he is swinging it both ways and his length is awesome.

Was bowling the issue on our last tours to England and NZ? Bumrah, Shami, Ishant and Pandya did a fairly good job. Add Siraj and Prasidh into the mix and we have a very potent attack (I'd pick Siraj ahead of Shami). Bhuvi perhaps doesn't even make the squad unless he turns in strong bowling spells in the practice matches . Going back to him for tests will be a few steps backwards.

1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

If they are serious in winning  the WTC and the test series then he should not play the IPL with his extensive injury history.pay him his IPL salary and put him on ice as he looks to have regained his form.

Contracts don't work that way.

25 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Was bowling the issue on our last tours to England and NZ? Bumrah, Shami, Ishant and Pandya did a fairly good job. Add Siraj and Prasidh into the mix and we have a very potent attack (I'd pick Siraj ahead of Shami). Bhuvi perhaps doesn't even make the squad unless he turns in strong bowling spells in the practice matches . Going back to him for tests will be a few steps backwards.

Our bowling has never been an issue since the 2018 SA tour.. its been our batters which have let us down time and time again esp. in England where they are clueless against the swinging ball.

On 3/25/2021 at 7:48 PM, LordPrabhzy said:

When you have Bumrah, Ishant, Shami, Umesh ( Saini and Thakur as back up) why do you need Bhuvi who hasnt played a test match in a very long time. He'll break down again in the middle of the match.

We got our aases handed to us on swinging new zealand wickets with shani and ishant. The difference in both sides was wicket with new ball