Let's relive what is the possibly the greatest moment in Indian cricket test history!

9 hours ago, DeepSpace said:

In fact, one can argue, the finest moment in Indian cricket! The most courage and grit I have ever seen, and I have been watching since the days of Gavaskar.

Bowling was weaker but it was a better unit since they play better as a team. 

Indian Cricket without Virat Kohli was on display in Australia after the debacle of Adelaide. I saw one of India's greatest performances ever.

Speaks volumes of what they can achieve without him and more importantly his ego and pride.

I dont care which IPL franchise he comes from either.

For the record, I still rate the Miracle of Kolkata in 2001 as India's greatest.

8 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Indian Cricket without Virat Kohli was on display in Australia after the debacle of Adelaide. I saw one of India's greatest performances ever.

Speaks volumes of what they can achieve without him and more importantly his ego and pride.

For the record, I still rate the Miracle of Kolkata in 2001 as India's greatest.

I disagree. Miracle Of Kolkata we were full strength except for Kumble. We had home umpires. Home crowd. We were on top when Aus was 280/8 in first innings and then Waugh drove them to 400 plus. There was no DRS and pitch had gone flat.. In Brisbane evertything was against us. Away ground away umpires DRS and most importantly B TEAM

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

I disagree. Miracle Of Kolkata we were full strength except for Kumble. We had home umpires. Home crowd. We were on top when Aus was 280/8 in first innings and then Waugh drove them to 400 plus. There was no DRS and pitch had gone flat.. In Brisbane evertything was against us. Away ground away umpires DRS and most importantly B TEAM

So true.  Kolkata was epoch-making.  No question.  But the team that made it happen was not a bunch of young 'uns who just started shaving their facial hair for the first time the week before surgically dismantling an ATG Ozzie attack composed of big imposing wily experienced loud-mouthed goliaths.  

I ll rate this win akin to Australia's triumph in the WI 1995. That was the event that turned Australian cricket into a irrepressible force. It was around 1994-1995 Australia had the audacity & ability to field two separate teams in a quadrangular series against England & Zim.

India is in that phase & this should be the start of a dominating era of Indian cricket. And if the domination transpires, then this win will always rank as the catalyst of India's domination in world cricket. 

20 hours ago, Jay said:

Bowling was weaker but it was a better unit since they play better as a team. 

That is why it is special, isn’t it? We had a team with 2nd/3rd string of bowlers, no Kohli, no Jadeja. We were expected to be blown away. Not only that did not happen, we scored 300+ runs in the 4th innings against a world class attack in their backyard and WON.

This trumps WC 1983 win because there we had a full A team although no one gave us a chance. 

Edited by DeepSpace
16 hours ago, SRT100 said:

We won with a B team against a first class attack in their backyard. Kolkata 2001 was great, but I rate this higher because we fielded some bench warmers.

16 hours ago, neel roy said:

This!

Let’s not forget we fielded a B team, maybe C. When else have you heard a B team beating a full strength home team in their backyard.

Never!!!!

Jai Hind!!!!!!! :bow:

28 minutes ago, DeepSpace said:

That is why it is special, isn’t it? We had a team with 2nd/3rd string of bowlers, no Kohli, no Jadeja. We were expected to be blown away. Not only that did not happen, we scored 300+ runs in the 4th innings against a world class attack in their backyard and WON.

This trumps WC 1983 win because there we had a full A team although no one gave us a chance. 

This team wasn't weaker. Only weaker in bowling. Kohli was needed as pure batsman yes. Gill Rohit was the better opening duo compared to first 2 games. 

There are no weak players. Solid unit. Not as powerful as India's full strength but they play well as a unit overall with rat the captain. Rat the batsman is world class obviously. 

16 hours ago, Jay said:

This team wasn't weaker. Only weaker in bowling. Kohli was needed as pure batsman yes. Gill Rohit was the better opening duo compared to first 2 games. 

There are no weak players. Solid unit. Not as powerful as India's full strength but they play well as a unit overall with rat the captain. Rat the batsman is world class obviously. 

I did not say weak players. I said 2nd/3rd string players who otherwise would not have played if the squad was all healthy. 

On 4/5/2021 at 10:23 PM, neel roy said:

Disagree.

Australia was a true powerhouse of the competition and absolute juggernaut of cricket at the time. Australia's current cricket team is a joke compared to the side in 2001.

Beating them, when 1-0 down in the series and asked to follow on and only 6 wickets in hand with SRT out cheaply, trailing by over 100 in the 2nd innings.

Thats not even counting India taking 10 wickets inside 2 sessions to draw the series.

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Disagree.

Australia was a true powerhouse of the competition and absolute juggernaut of cricket at the time. Australia's current cricket team is a joke compared to the side in 2001.

Beating them, when 1-0 down in the series and asked to follow on and only 6 wickets in hand with SRT out cheaply, trailing by over 100 in the 2nd innings.

Thats not even counting India taking 10 wickets inside 2 sessions to draw the series.

We are always expected to win at home matter who the opposition is.

4 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Disagree.

Current Aussie in Aussie Condtions can easily trouble the 2001 side.look at ok their home averages and you will be surprised. Bowling attack of Cummins Starc Hazelwood and Lyon is probably aussies's second greatest attack of all time.