I think Virat kohli will loose his one format captaincy by the end of this year.

No matter how powerful ur , it will all come to an end one day. I feel kohli will endup loosing his t20 captaincy by the end of this year. A show will be put up where it ll look like that he has given up on it but he ll be forced from inside. 50 over wont be changed as it will be to drastic by indian standards. 

How it ll happen- 

1. Loosing WTC has made everyone realise that he cant win tournaments which we all knew but now ppl who were in denial cant ignore it. ( This doesnt apply to his bhakts)

If we loose england series which we can it ll just add to it. 

2. IPL will be won by csk or MI this, Break wud impact CSK so i expect MI to win it and this will create the ROHIT pressure on kohli and RCB choke wont help. 

3. T20 choke will be the final nail in the coffin. In one year 2 world tournament choke n past will all add up. BCCI will have to make some strong calls and this wud be the one. 

Still i dnt expect them to show balls n remove him from ODIs to. In test , rahane not doing indiviually well enough is still working in kohli favour. 

After a long time I am getting excited about our T20 side but this buffoon leading the team along with opening is something that ll definitely pull the team down. 

But I disagree with you, it needs only a semi final spot to guarantee captaincy for eternity. A choke in the semis will not be good enough for Virat to go. Ye 2023 ka WC harwa ke hi hatega

As pointed out , Rahane not doing well in tests is actually doing a great favour to kohli. This is a fact.  Rahane shouldn't hv any excuse for not contributing enough in tests, since he has been playing only one format for almost 5 years.   Compare that with players like VVS and Dravid whose test performance got significantly better once they started focussing on only tests.  The difference between great batsman and an average one is clearly visible.   

Split captaincy would have helped Kohli instead

A competition from Rohit would have resulted him lift his game as well which we missed out in all important WTC final,where just 1 good individual score would have meant we lifting the trophy

2 hours ago, Frustrated said:

VVS and Dravid whose test performance got significantly better once they started focussing on only tests. 

That's not true, Dravid got much worse post 2007 & VVS' returns were mostly on the decline as well. Take that one Eng series out in 2001 Dravid was the worst of the fab 4/5 post 2007 easily, VVS also had issues with his back IIRC & couldn't score big anymore! 

Any self respecting person would've quit from his post. But can't expect such honourable things from a double faced egomaniac.

He will NOT quit on his own. Will someone in BCCI have the guts to sack him? I have my doubts. Most likely Ganguly has decided not to speak/act on such matters till the case in Supreme Court regarding validity of his extension as BCCI president gets decided. The clown gets a free run till then.

But like with all dictatorial regimes, the end to his captaincy, whenever it happens, will be nasty. Longer he sticks to the posts, higher the chances of him losing both his captaincy and his spot in the team together with no chances of a comeback later.

10 minutes ago, Majestic said:

To be honest, India have got a very good chance of winning the WT20 this year as it will be in India.

Have you been following the news in the last couple of months? It'll not be in India.

Even if it was to happen in India, under Clown we are not winning anything.

28 minutes ago, Majestic said:

the WT20 this year as it will be in India.

It's in the UAE :no:

17 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

It'll not be in India.

Yes but tbf we have a better chance in UAE especially with the IPL supposed to finish just 15 days before! UAE will actually help our spinners a lot more than the dew *ed Indian batting paradises.

3 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

It's in the UAE :no:

Yes but tbf we have a better chance in UAE especially with the IPL supposed to finish just 15 days before! UAE will actually help our spinners a lot more than the dew *ed Indian batting paradises.

Totally expect the clown to screw up the team selection. Did so in 2017, 2019 and 2021.

Only way for us to win is individual brilliance, which means two out of Rohit, Rahul, SKY, Hardik and Pant to have exceptional tournaments. Don't see that happening under the clown.

36 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Any self respecting person would've quit from his post. But can't expect such honourable things from a double faced egomaniac.

He will NOT quit on his own. Will someone in BCCI have the guts to sack him? I have my doubts. Most likely Ganguly has decided not to speak/act on such matters till the case in Supreme Court regarding validity of his extension as BCCI president gets decided. The clown gets a free run till then.

But like with all dictatorial regimes, the end to his captaincy, whenever it happens, will be nasty. Longer he sticks to the posts, higher the chances of him losing both his captaincy and his spot in the team together with no chances of a comeback later.

ROFL you have excuses for Ganguly as if he will make the necessary changes. He is there just for the power & nothing else. These guys are just power hungry, making constructive changes to Indian cricket is least of their concern. 

I was amazed at the opinion of Mohinder Amarnath on Kohli's captaincy recently & he was dismissive about of any criticism of Virat. Mind you this is the same man who wanted to sack Dhoni for Gambhir or Kohli. But he see nothing wrong in Virat Kohli the captain.

Indian cricket is centred so much on regionalism & power, that constructive/logical changes will never transpire in Indian cricket. Most of these ex cricketers whether Ganguly, Gavaskar, Srikkanth, Amarnath etc., are corrupt in their own ways, with their own agendas & trust me none of them care about the betterment of Indian cricket.

6 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

ROFL you have excuses for Ganguly as if he will make the necessary changes. He is there just for the power & nothing else. These guys are just power hungry, making constructive changes to Indian cricket is least of their concern. 

I was amazed at the opinion of Mohinder Amarnath on Kohli's captaincy recently & he was dismissive about of any criticism of Virat. Mind you this is the same man who wanted to sack Dhoni for Gambhir or Kohli. But he see nothing wrong in Virat Kohli the captain.

Indian cricket is centred so much on regionalism & power, that constructive/logical changes will never transpire in Indian cricket. Most of these ex cricketers whether Ganguly, Gavaskar, Srikkanth, Amarnath etc., are corrupt in their own ways, with their own agendas & trust me none of them care about the betterment of Indian cricket.

No excuses for Ganguly. If he doesn't act, he is part of the clique as well. Simple as that. But then the only one who can act against Kohli is him, that is also a fact. 

On Amarnath, I am no longer surprised by any of the ex-players or journos being pro-Kohli. The player managers manage each and every opinion.

I think it would be a good move if T20 captaincy goes to somebody else after the next tournament. Could help everyone, kohli going forwards and the rest of the team too. Should get ahead of it and announce before the tournament even...

But who knows what BCCI will be doing

in uae , kohli will exit semis unless he continues his new approach of not placing premium on wickets but more on strike rate . 

but as usual he will choke in finals against England with some bad selections . This time he will have 4 pace bowlers on a spin friendly pitch 

after t20 he will be kicked . 

3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Have you been following the news in the last couple of months? It'll not be in India.

Even if it was to happen in India, under Clown we are not winning anything.

UAE might allow us go with two spinners, even 3 with both Jaddu and Washi. That will give an advantage to us because other favourites like England or Windies don't have enough spinners.

Edited by Majestic
11 hours ago, SK_IH said:

After a long time I am getting excited about our T20 side but this buffoon leading the team along with opening is something that ll definitely pull the team down. 

But I disagree with you, it needs only a semi final spot to guarantee captaincy for eternity. A choke in the semis will not be good enough for Virat to go. Ye 2023 ka WC harwa ke hi hatega

See thats what im saying he ll remain till 2023 but after this t20 Wc he ll be removed coz next t20 WC is next yr . One more loss in same yr will derive fans crazy and this time no one can deny we have a very very good t20 squad. If they dont remove it , next t20 WC wil be another Choke,.....then BCCI wont be able to handle public heat. Also the more IPL Rohit keeps winning the more pressure it will be on kohli