UPDATE: England vs India Manchester Test cancelled

Gollum

39 minutes ago, express bowling said:

With COVID cases still being reported, why is England allowing outsiders to come near the cricketers and support staff ??

Jarvo could run into the field.

A spectator was allowed to come near Shami for cutting his birthday cake.

England is partly responsible for this fiasco too.

Shastri and Kohli have been irresponsible too, as has been our tour manager.

It is a collective failure from both the parties.

Perfect summation.

Cricbuzz:

When contacted, the ECB and BCCI officials have been tight-lipped but a decision, either way, is expected soon. It is understood that after Parmar tested positive, all the members of the Indian contingent were made to undergo lateral flow tests and the results, that are known instantly, are understood to have cleared everyone. But then the lateral flow test is not as reliable as the RT-PCR tests, the results of which are still awaited.

6 minutes ago, New guy said:

You can believe the coincidence that the same person who visited an enclosed crowded event was the first to test positive through "other" ways, but most people wont

I am not saying that.  Shastri and Kohli were highly irresponsible and must take the blame.

But what is happening in England, with almost no restrictions in place, isn't correct either.

There are no covid restrictions in UK. Pubs and nightclubs are swarmed with people without masks. Most of the offices are now open and crowds are allowed to be back in all sporting events. I went to watch the last day of the Oval test and to my surprise I didnt see anyone wearing mask apart from me. 

Yes cases are rising but Boris has given up and asking people to trust the vaccine and carry on with lives. Infact, even if you are in  contact with someone having covid, you need not isolate anymore unless you yourself tested positive.

UK is pretty much like how it was back in 2019...covid is almost a thing of past now. So keeping all this in mind, dont think Virat & Shastri has done much wrong in attending a book launch. They have not breached the law of land.

Edited by Austin 3:!6
56 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

It was a question Einstein. There is a reason why I used a question mark though I'm hardly surprised you couldn't comprehend. Seems like your username adequately reflects your lack of comprehension skills. 

The nick is the measurement of IQ level of dunderheads like you who think being admin of an online forum gives them the right to go on an ad hominem. 

Now shoo off.

13 minutes ago, Gollum said:

“A clear picture will be got around a little past midnight India time. The tests have been done by ECB’s testing agency and the reports will come in around 8pm UK time. With physio Nitin Patel in isolation, it was Parmar who was working with the team over the last few days and since he has tested positive, it will be the test reports which will decide the way forward,” the source told ANI.

That test is a joke. Players would be given self test kit. Test has to have two results. Positive or negative. There is no third option called “Invalid Test” .

If ECB presses for forefiet, its risking every players health as players are forced to sample themselves smartly to get a negative result. 

Edited by mishra
22 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

There are no covid restrictions in UK. Pubs and nightclubs are swarmed with people without masks. Most of the offices are now open and crowds are allowed to be back in all sporting events. I went to watch the last day of the Oval test and to my surprise I didnt see anyone wearing mask apart from me. 

Yes cases are rising but Boris has given up and asking people to trust the vaccine and carry on with lives. Infact, even if you are in  contact with someone having covid, you need not isolate anymore unless you yourself tested positive.

UK is pretty much like how it was back in 2019...covid is almost a thing of past now. So keeping all this in mind, dont think Virat & Shastri has done much wrong in attending a book launch. They have not breached the law of land.

Excpet jay shah himself gave them instructions  not to and ECB guidelines say not to

You cannot be earning millions and fame and VIP treatment and compare yourself to  common UK citizen. There is some responsibility tied to that fame and status

The common citizen going out doesnt jeopardize billion dollar tournaments 

Edited by New guy
37 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

You speak for England not UK  It is completely different in Scotland where masks are still required by Law in indoor spaces  ( Which the English mock us for ) 

There is no UK law , England and Wales Law, Scottish Law and N Ireland Law 

I was in England two weeks ago and it's frightening the English attitude. I was staying in a hotel a few hundred yards  from Trent Bridge and was going to go to see a Blast T20 whilst there but did not bother when I saw what was happening in England .

57 minutes ago, New guy said:

Dude, you can peddle the theory that the person who attended a crowded indoor event coincidentally was the first to test positive from other ways like hotel or audience but not many will buy that

But someone was saying all cricketers attended the event

Cricbuzz has learnt that the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is cautiously confident the Test will happen, as scheduled, from Friday (September 10). However, the catch in their guarded optimism is what if more positive cases emerge from the Indian camp.

As reported earlier, the Covid team of the ECB has taken tests of the Indian players and the results are awaited which is set to come out by 8:30 PM England time or on Friday morning and the outcome of those tests could potentially determine if the Test will go ahead.

Edited by The Realist
1 minute ago, The Realist said:

Cricbuzz has learnt that the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is cautiously confident the Test will happen, as scheduled, from Friday (September 10). However, the catch in their guarded optimism is what if more positive cases emerge from the Indian camp.

As reported earlier, the Covid team of the ECB has taken tests of the Indian players and the results are awaited which is set to come out by 8:30 PM England time or on Friday morning and the outcome of those tests could potentially determine if the Test will go ahead.

What if English team also allready got it?