Why Ashwin comes across as unlikeable person?

6 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

What is there to dislike him? No Indian fan should dislike him with his match winning contribution for many series. Most recently he saved a Test in Australia. With a bowling average of 25 he  can series of ducks and still be in the side at home. But he never shied away from taking the responsibility with bat. Tactically very very good.  India needs smart guys like him.  Lot of cricketers give their expert analysis after they retire. He does this while he is currently playing. Even as a personality he never crosses the limit.

Some posters have short memories.

When he saved the Test match in Australia, he was bullied, taunted and embarrassed by the Aussie fielders that day.

He stood up to them and even had the courage and strength to walk away from a delivery when he was being disturbed by Paine behind the stumps.

Pant may have won us the series, but Ashwin in the 3rd Test saved us from defeat.

Ashwin for me was one of those unique intelligent bowlers.

Name me one bowler in the past that actually would suspend momentarily his delivery arm and then bowl the delivery?

I was astounded by the skill and agility to bowl the way he used to bowl before the ICC ban his action.

Why? Even though it was a legal delivery, it was claimed to be unfair for the batsmen?!!

Ashwin is a nice chap , friendly and intelligent..His youtube channel comes across as honest and humorous, discussing different aspects of the game.

HIs problem is he does not take criticism in right spirit. He is reactionary and takes the things to mind. I remember he responded to Gibbs simple jokes with a match fixing jibe which was unnecessary. Similarly he need not have given such lengthy explanation about the altercation that happened on field with Morgan.  If you are a player who defies the conventional 'spirit of the game' , expect some criticism, why make a fuss?  

15 hours ago, urbestfriend said:

Ashwin is a nice chap , friendly and intelligent..His youtube channel comes across as honest and humorous, discussing different aspects of the game.

HIs problem is he does not take criticism in right spirit. He is reactionary and takes the things to mind. I remember he responded to Gibbs simple jokes with a match fixing jibe which was unnecessary. Similarly he need not have given such lengthy explanation about the altercation that happened on field with Morgan.  If you are a player who defies the conventional 'spirit of the game' , expect some criticism, why make a fuss?  

That's because all that educated brilliance is a external display and coping mech while in his core he is seeking acceptance from others and is weak minded person. 

On 10/2/2021 at 2:57 AM, vvvslaxman said:

He was also the first one to expose Ajmal and co on the cricket field by trying to imitate them. I think it somewhat impacted Bhajji too. I remember he even imitated Sunil Narine.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/ravichandran-ashwin-role-icc-crackdown-chucking

Ashwin might end up as the Highest wicket taker for India, but his legacy would be the fact that he trolled ICC with his full hand shirts and forced them to relook. Single handedly removed chuckers from white ball cricket. 

On 10/3/2021 at 1:02 AM, Vilander said:

That's because all that educated brilliance is a external display and coping mech while in his core he is seeking acceptance from others and is weak minded person. 

Not sure if that’s sarcasm - someone, anyone actually, who gets to or near the top of his professional career isn’t vert likely to be weak minded. Someone who plays a sport for their country on a consistent basis isn’t weak minded.  

On the contrary such people are likely to very strong willed, possibly more so than 99 percent of the population. 

The need to seek acceptance etc (if that’s true about him) can be positive drivers in such cases, not evidence of a weak will.  

On 10/2/2021 at 5:42 AM, SRT100 said:

Ashwin for me was one of those unique intelligent bowlers.

Name me one bowler in the past that actually would suspend momentarily his delivery arm and then bowl the delivery?

I was astounded by the skill and agility to bowl the way he used to bowl before the ICC ban his action.

Why? Even though it was a legal delivery, it was claimed to be unfair for the batsmen?!!

It was first started by Hafeez.

14 hours ago, NameGoesHere said:

Not sure if that’s sarcasm - someone, anyone actually, who gets to or near the top of his professional career isn’t vert likely to be weak minded. Someone who plays a sport for their country on a consistent basis isn’t weak minded.  

On the contrary such people are likely to very strong willed, possibly more so than 99 percent of the population. 

The need to seek acceptance etc (if that’s true about him) can be positive drivers in such cases, not evidence of a weak will.  

Well-said.  Single-minded dedication and work ethic often come from having a thin skin, and wanting to prove detractors wrong and "sticking it to them."  Nothing wrong with that at all.  Ashwin may also may a great litigator in court.  He will rip you apart with his quick and logical thinking.