Why Ashwin comes across as unlikeable person?

Don't think he is arrogant thou he is quite reactive to criticism, being well spoken and highly intelligent Ashwin does not back down from expressing his views on social media or press conferences unlike most he does not get diplomatic, I like him, he has conviction and gives it back to his haters and rightly so, Morgan called him a disgrace when Ashwin got out and southee also gave him a send of, hence Ashwin reacted but he did not cuss nor sledge, it was all fine and Morgan has no right to jump to conclusion regarding ashwins character. Aussie and British media are trying hard to slander ashwins character, warnie jumping in with his Twitter views, British media still butt hurt over the mankad, well Ashwin should have ripped warne him apart, warne was never a Saint, he should be the last person giving lectures on game spirit.

Why do we look at unnecessary thing other then cricket?? Sometimes i dnt get is it a cricket forum or moral class 

His job is to play cricket , rather being liked by everyone 

Look the % of post these days

• He is unlikable 
  • He is arrogant
  • He is doing it for PR
  • Money has gotten in his head
  • He is controlled by wife
  • Politics 
  • Friendship

2 out 10 post ull see about technique , strategy rest all crap moral observation. That why i keep saying the standard is going lower n lower 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Why do we look at unnecessary thing other then cricket?? Sometimes i dnt get is it a cricket forum or moral class 

• He is unlikable 
  • He is arrogant
  • He is doing it for PR
  • Politics 
  • Friendship

2 out 10 post ull see about technique , strategy rest all crap moral observation. That why i keep saying the standard is going lower n lower 

We have already reached conclusions about people and picked our positions beforehand. Pro Kohli = Anti Ashwin and vice versa. And we wear those lenses to pick apart any news, however incredulous or unsupported. 

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

• He is unlikable 
  • He is arrogant
  • He is doing it for PR
  • Politics 
  • Friendship

Great post. 

Now let me post this in a language that these lallus understand. 

Who cares if he is unlikeable or not?

Tall Poppy syndrome is the reason behind all this

If you don't have the Aukaad to compare yourself with a legend, just try to bring him down based on attitude,  family, personal life. 

These guys think players who behave well on field are actually good human beings, this clearly shows that they haven't ever stepped on a field. 

You step on the cricket field to show your cricket skills not your humility and character. 

The nicest cricketer on the field can be a effed up individual inside, no one knows what's inside a person. So stop judging aur haan maan lo ke nahi ukhaad paaoge life me ashwin ke barabar. 

Edited by Adamant

What is there to dislike him? No Indian fan should dislike him with his match winning contribution for many series. Most recently he saved a Test in Australia. With a bowling average of 25 he  can series of ducks and still be in the side at home. But he never shied away from taking the responsibility with bat. Tactically very very good.  India needs smart guys like him.  Lot of cricketers give their expert analysis after they retire. He does this while he is currently playing. Even as a personality he never crosses the limit.

52 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

What is there to dislike him? No Indian fan should dislike him with his match winning contribution for many series. Most recently he saved a Test in Australia. With a bowling average of 25 he  can series of ducks and still be in the side at home. But he never shied away from taking the responsibility with bat. Tactically very very good.  India needs smart guys like him.  Lot of cricketers give their expert analysis after they retire. He does this while he is currently playing. Even as a personality he never crosses the limit.

OP isnt Indian

11 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

Ashwini is that ghissu topper in middle school that doesn't help his mates to cheat in exams. 

Ethical but not much liked by his peers. Too smart for his own good sometimes. 

This is exactly why I like him, though.  The Jos Buttler incident and standing up to Ricky Ponting about it elevated his reputation as someone who detests cheaters/rule-breakers.  No "Chalta hai" attitude from him, that's for sure.  

35 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

This is exactly why I like him, though.  The Jos Buttler incident and standing up to Ricky Ponting about it elevated his reputation as someone who detests cheaters/rule-breakers.  No "Chalta hai" attitude from him, that's for sure.  

He was also the first one to expose Ajmal and co on the cricket field by trying to imitate them. I think it somewhat impacted Bhajji too. I remember he even imitated Sunil Narine.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/ravichandran-ashwin-role-icc-crackdown-chucking

7 hours ago, Rantzz said:

Because he stand up to these English and Aussie frauds

indians were historically meek and easy to just run over

Ashwin and to an extent Kohli stand up against such BS

Correct.

Ashwin should be admired and appreciated for his attitude and fighting spirit.

He is to be respected for standing his ground and tolerating BS against him.